4.50 star(s) 154 Votes

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
thanks. i will try this.
2 other posters have said they also have the Characters menu item without any mods installed, so it is unlikely to be the mod that is the issue.

i do not consider your laught correct.
No offense taken my end, but be a little more chill and tolerant. The emoji was inside the brackets to denote that the comment in those same brackets was a joke. You misread and took offense where none was offered. You'll get more out of your time in any forum by relaxing and not looking for trouble where none was intended.

Reactions: ramvivat

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
I'm guessing MNF is dead now since the dev is working on this game? Why can't devs finish a project BEFORE starting a new one?
There's an old saying (in English, it may not be at all the same as K7's German ones) that goes "A change is as good as a rest". Sometimes working on another project is a way to refresh creativity and remove pressures. In many cases, this may help a writer get past a writer's block, or prevent burnout in an artist, and always stop the feeling that one single project is a constant demanding burden. As such, it may actually help prevent abandonment of a game when it feels hard to continue, because it offers a release from that pressure.

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
There's an old saying (in English, it may not be at all the same as K7's German ones) that goes "A change is as good as a rest". Sometimes working on another project is a way to refresh creativity and remove pressures. In many cases, this may help a writer get past a writer's block, or prevent burnout in an artist, and always stop the feeling that one single project is a constant demanding burden. As such, it may actually help prevent abandonment of a game when it feels hard to continue, because it offers a release from that pressure.
yes, best rest is a change of activity.

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
I feel like this Game is starting to have a little to many characters. I always like Quality over Quantity and there it feels like random daughters/sisters are coming out of nowhere every chapter.

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
I feel like this Game is starting to have a little to many characters. I always like Quality over Quantity and there it feels like random daughters/sisters are coming out of nowhere every chapter.
Those are not random though, they actually get mentioned by his sister in the hotel already.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
p "What the fuck? A muscle car?"
s "Yes! And it was your first ever car as well."
s "Hop in."
s "You worked so hard for it once you got your license. And dad always helped
you because cars like this need a ton of work."
s "Anna was actually the one who found it in the end, in some dusty old garage
in...What did she call it?"
s "'Bumfuck America.'"
s "You should have seen your face when she gave it to you."
p "This was a gift from Anna?"
s "Of course. One year after dad passed away, on your birthday."
p "Damn..."
Erm... these two lines don't add up...

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
brainstorming in the theory of inventive problem solving consists of several stages
1 induction of ideas. absolutely any even the most crazy ideas are suitable at this stage - just to create a larger pool of ideas
2 deduction - each idea is carefully considered for the possibility of its implementation. all bad ideas are screened out. if necessary, item 2 is repeated until one idea remains - the best one.
3 implementation.

the method of recruiting a harem is exactly the same. invite more women and already begin to select among them. some of them will then go home. the rest will remain near the body of their new husband. so - the more girls, the merrier ... the author will have hard work - after which it will remain to write about those women who stayed with her husband. in the meantime - for now, you can only sympathize with him, but as Anna said in her first dream after the game update - "sometimes there is simply no other way out!".

No, you are right about something. if you imagine a very, very fantastic case that women BAM! - and appeared out of nowhere, moreover, in the right quantity. and all are so beautiful smart and love her husband. but in more or less real life, this does not happen. in real life, in order to gain a harem, you need a lot of women with whom you need to talk for a very, very long time so that in the end there are few but very, very tasty women left ... and please do not forget - mother and sisters are not subject to screening, otherwise they will be offended and castrate their son and brother with blunt scissors "I didn’t get it - so don’t get it to anyone!". ok joking about castration. there should not be blunt scissors in the house - this is a shame for a woman.

Last edited:

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Yeah? Just wait until you find out the reason the shrink is so interested in the MC is because she's actually a secret daugher of his father, and thus yet another half-sister, with another niece as her daughter... :ROFLMAO:

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Erm... these two lines don't add up...
They do, those events are separated by many years.

He had a car in his late teens, that he bought with his money, his father helped him restore it.

.../...

Years later, his loving wife tracked down the car in "Bumfuck America", bought it for him. After his father death, so he could remember the good times he had had with his father.

It isn't said why they had sold the car after the restoration, but sometimes that happens when you go to college or something. Also, it isn't said, but I get the distinct impression that the game isn't set in America, so when he moved to this city after college, it may have been a bigger move than just a few states over. That would explain the leaving the car behind, to get it back later as a present.

There's also a quip, by one of the girls about "Everybody seems to speak English here" that gives further strength to the "Not IN America".

Anyway, your complain is explained. :)

Peace :)

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Maybe it's time I change that sentences structure a little so it makes "more sense", but FatGiant explained it pretty well already :D

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant
4.50 star(s) 154 Votes