4.50 star(s) 154 Votes

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
Okay, so there's a few things to say. Overall, I genuinely do think it was a good update, so please don't misconstrue my in-depth critique as me saying that it's bad. I was pleasantly surprised
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That said I still think there's more to criticize than I expected there to be.

Last edited:

dastryker

Nov 15, 2022
Okay, so there's a few things to say. Overall, I genuinely do think it was a good update, so please don't misconstrue my in-depth critique as me saying that it's bad. I was pleasantly surprised

Well, like, that's just your opinion, man.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Well, I liked the update. Had to replay everything and due to RL (yeah I know, how dare RL happens and interupts, right?) it took some time to finish it. But now I finished it. And I had some tears in my eyes. Not many VNs do manage that (NiiChan's games and MNF were the only ones so far). So you can say that I'm definitly attached to this story on a emotional level. I'm happy, that the threat of Mike is finally gone, but I fear for Sarah, because of the situation she was put in. I was a soldier and was trained to kill, got also an uncle and cousin, who are police and therefor trained for that, but to see it actually happen or even the one to pull the trigger, no training can prepare you for that. It scars someone for the rest of the live, for Sarah it could also turn out to be kind of healing, but she will definitly go through some difficult times. And I fear for Jessica and that she may do something extremly dumb and dangerous, dangerous for her. What I'm glad for is that Anna finally woke up. Now MC just have to get Jessica back and protect her basically from herself. I think that will be an interesting chapter. Can't wait for more.

Reactions: hmorphone

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018

That's incorrect. What you meant to say is not that no tension was built, because I certainly felt it. You mean that you didn't experience any. That's on you, so more of a self-criticism, or just your perspective that others may very well not share.
I'm sure that Killer7 is greatly relieved to have your permission and agreement. I'm absolutely certain that among the hundreds of hard hours of work that go into an update, many of them are spent wondering if it is all okay with you, John.

The bit where you assumed it mean it wouldn't be a cliffhanger is what is technically known as an assumption. In actuality, what on earth gives more time to react, go post, come up with theories, etc, than the end of an episode? There's a big difference between what is 'inferred' and what is 'implied'.

As someone with a lot of years of experience in writing (and reading), personally I wouldn't really call the end of this episode a cliff-hanger at all. It was a perfect break point that actually ended a lot of worries.

You know that the term cliff-hanger was literal, for those old movie series in black and white where the hero was hanging on to the edge of a cliff about to plunge, or tied in the path of an oncoming train, or some similar event where the whole premise is "Will they die?!" The ending of this episode was the exact opposite. Sure, it left us desperately longing for the story to keep going, but that is not a cliff-hanger. That's just "good serialization".

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
fffunk!
mom seem is "baked" pretty fast... well good for her.
for her good - she is not like Charlotte (you know about whom i talk right? ok no more money if what. hey! do not think bad about C - she have their own issues - all have their own issues)
but it not for her bad impression. she is still best woman in the world because she is mom.

Reactions: Een Vieze Vent

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
That's incorrect. What you meant to say is not that no tension was built, because I certainly felt it. You mean that you didn't experience any. That's on you, so more of a self-criticism, or just your perspective that others may very well not share.

I'm sure that Killer7 is greatly relieved to have your permission and agreement. I'm absolutely certain that among the hundreds of hard hours of work that go into an update, many of them are spent wondering if it is all okay with you, John.

The bit where you assumed it mean it wouldn't be a cliffhanger is what is technically known as an assumption. In actuality, what on earth gives more time to react, go post, come up with theories, etc, than the end of an episode? There's a big difference between what is 'inferred' and what is 'implied'.

As someone with a lot of years of experience in writing (and reading), personally I wouldn't really call the end of this episode a cliff-hanger at all. It was a perfect break point that actually ended a lot of worries.

You know that the term cliff-hanger was literal, for those old movie series in black and white where the hero was hanging on to the edge of a cliff about to plunge, or tied in the path of an oncoming train, or some similar event where the whole premise is "Will they die?!" The ending of this episode was the exact opposite. Sure, it left us desperately longing for the story to keep going, but that is not a cliff-hanger. That's just "good serialization".

As for your pedantry about cliffhangers, making half a scene of a major plot development as the ending of an update is, for all intents and purposes, a cliffhanger. Even if it doesn't meet your narrow definition of the term. Of course, this is all academic anyway since the point I was making was merely that it was the last scene and the scene didn't actually get a chance to develop in this update. Whether it was a "true" cliffhanger or not doesn't matter in the slightest.

Last edited:

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
I love when people talk about spoiler stuff and not put it behind spoiler. Always fun for someone that didn't finish the update ... Especially since you put it behind spoilers in your original post.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Yeah, because it's not like everyone who's following the thread gets an alert whenever a dipshit posts a new comment in the thread and if they click in their alerts and are taken straight to that dipshit's post where he, being a dipshit, didn't use spoilers, they get their game spoiled. That could never happen....:oops::rolleyes:

Try using your brain before trying to be a smart ass in response to the Dev correcting you. If you don't you just end up looking like a dumb ass!

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Even if it doesn't meet your narrow definition of the term.
Narrow, broad, no matter. It is the literal definition of the term. As I mentioned before, I am a keen writer and reader. Language, used well, is a very precise tool. Misuse of language blunts that tool for everyone. If you are going to use a word, please at least try to understand its correct meaning, that way, you might even select the right word(s) for what you intend to convey.

You are still missing the point. You are presenting your personal opinions and perspectives as though they are universal truths. As if you have some ultimate authority that makes your viewpoint or opinion more special, more important than that of others. Well, newsflash for you - it isn't. You are not speaking 'universal truths', just one more person with an opinion. Not even an especially credible or authoritative one, given that you are talking about media, about story-crafting, yet are so proud about not even knowing exactly what a 'cliff-hanger' actually is. So yeah, it is relevant to mention.

henk1

Dec 12, 2019
Great update Killer. Very enjoyable. Spooky that we'll have to wait so long to see what's going to happen with Anna waking up.

I was very happy to see the character window. It really helped with getting back into the swing of things. I'll confess that I had to go back to it quite a couple times to reference the names. Though it did come back to me towards the end.

Looking forward to seeing what's going to happen now that we can tell Anna about what happened during her time away. She'll have quite a bit to say about her dream times as well I suppose.

Thanks for your hard work on this game devman. Looking forward to the MNF changes even more now:)

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Dang... Never cried so much in my life, man this was an awesome update I can only say thank you so much Killer7 !!!!
I will need some days to process everything, because it was one hell of emotional rollercoaster, too many wonderful moments to choose from, simply great.
The last scene though, I almost couldn't read the last lines and enjoy that moment...damn tears!!!
I'm so so happy now and can't wait to see how it will continue!!!

HEART.jpeg

jackdragonchaos

Jun 22, 2019
Dude's watched the 1974 Death Wish one too many times, thinks architects are all trained vigilante killers.
oh i love the death wish movies even the new one

anyway i feel like a purge is gonna happen.

are the three mentioned gonna be background as in rarely seen or what, i'd overkill with a shot to the head

Reactions: Killer7

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
You're clearly upset by a simple request, I don't know what to tell you. I read your criticism but I don't agree with it and the majority seems to like what I did as well. I could go into detail on why I think your view on things is not what actually is present in the game, but I don't think you or me should bother to deepen this conversation at this point.
You are capable of getting folks taken off the thread - right?

4.50 star(s) 154 Votes