4.50 star(s) 154 Votes

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Peace :)
I couldn't agree more with you and RogueKnightUK, at the end of the update I was just so happy that tears were running down my face as well, the ending was simply perfect imho, couldn't have asked for more, I can only thanks Killer7 once again for this game and for MNF. :)

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Can't really agree with any of that.
I am not saying she would have issues with who she killed(I sure as hell wouldn't), reread my original post, I said as much, just that the first kill, for someone that hasn't been completely prepared for that(like a soldier but even they often struggle with it), might need some actual therapy and support from those around them.

As for the alley, dark or not, that is not where you would expect to find a sick loved one(unless they are really, really sick or drunk/high) plus all the warnings and all the precautions they took to hide from society as a whole. It just makes the MC look like he was being really stupid, in that moment. It is OK, we all do dumb things sometimes. Just saying I can see why that seemed a bit off to others, it certainly hit me that way.

muiejidani123

Feb 14, 2023
Oh fuck you SO much for ending it on that cliffhanger, Killer7 lmao. I mean of course, I understand the marketing decision to end it on a huge cliffhanger, basically "forcing" people to keep paying if they want to see the story continued, it's smart. But holy shit, really? You end it on that note? :LOL:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Killer7

dastryker

Nov 15, 2022
As someone with a lot of years of experience in writing (and reading), personally I wouldn't really call the end of this episode a cliff-hanger at all. It was a perfect break point that actually ended a lot of worries.

You know that the term cliff-hanger was literal, for those old movie series in black and white where the hero was hanging on to the edge of a cliff about to plunge, or tied in the path of an oncoming train, or some similar event where the whole premise is "Will they die?!" The ending of this episode was the exact opposite. Sure, it left us desperately longing for the story to keep going, but that is not a cliff-hanger. That's just "good serialization".
THANK YOU! i keep saying, "It's not a cliffhanger," and people are like "Well it's how most people use the term," and I'm all "Yeah but that's not what 'the term' means."

You know what the term is for when a writer leaves you wanting more at the end of a serialized work even though all plot points are presently resolved? Good writing.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Yeah? Just wait until you find out the reason the shrink is so interested in the MC is because she's actually a secret daugher of his father, and thus yet another half-sister, with another niece as her daughter... :ROFLMAO:
The hints so far lead me to believe that she also had an intimate relationship with her brother.

They do, those events are separated by many years.

He had a car in his late teens, that he bought with his money, his father helped him restore it.

.../...

Years later, his loving wife tracked down the car in "Bumfuck America", bought it for him. After his father death, so he could remember the good times he had had with his father.

It isn't said why they had sold the car after the restoration, but sometimes that happens when you go to college or something. Also, it isn't said, but I get the distinct impression that the game isn't set in America, so when he moved to this city after college, it may have been a bigger move than just a few states over. That would explain the leaving the car behind, to get it back later as a present.
As I understand it, the reason he had to let go of the Charger is that with Sophie on the way, they needed a bigger car, so he gave up his beloved Charger for his family. The implication is that at that time, they could only afford one car, so it had to be a family car.

This is the classic case where the former bachelor/new husband has to trade in his sports car for a station wagon/suv once the family starts growing.
There's also a quip, by one of the girls about "Everybody seems to speak English here" that gives further strength to the "Not IN America".
I think that is a joke. Everyone else in the city speaks English. Morgan was making a joke about the languages the family speaks, mentioning English is a case of pointing out the obvious.
Anyway, your complain is explained. :)

Peace :)
Remember, "It's not a real complaint unless it comes from the Complaigne region of France--otherwise, it's just a sparkly whine." :cool:

Last edited:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
so finished update was too damn funny, and the feels at the end

also how dare you end it like you did!
Oh fuck you SO much for ending it on that cliffhanger, Killer7 lmao. I mean of course, I understand the marketing decision to end it on a huge cliffhanger, basically "forcing" people to keep paying if they want to see the story continued, it's smart. But holy shit, really? You end it on that note? :LOL:
Would you prefer he'd ended it a few scenes earlier, in the back alley?

For me, it felt like the end of the first installment of a trilogy, like blowing up the Death Star and the following ceremony in Episode 4. Still a few loose ends, a few things to resolve, but the main goals of the installment were resolved.

Last edited:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Yes, Helena. I agree. We already had hints that Anna has her coma-eye on her, so I expect to see more of that in Chapter 4.
Well, I liked the update. Had to replay everything and due to RL (yeah I know, how dare RL happens and interupts, right?) it took some time to finish it. But now I finished it. And I had some tears in my eyes. Not many VNs do manage that (NiiChan's games and MNF were the only ones so far). So you can say that I'm definitly attached to this story on a emotional level. I'm happy, that the threat of Mike is finally gone, but I fear for Sarah, because of the situation she was put in. I was a soldier and was trained to kill, got also an uncle and cousin, who are police and therefor trained for that, but to see it actually happen or even the one to pull the trigger, no training can prepare you for that. It scars someone for the rest of the live, for Sarah it could also turn out to be kind of healing, but she will definitly go through some difficult times. And I fear for Jessica and that she may do something extremly dumb and dangerous, dangerous for her. What I'm glad for is that Anna finally woke up. Now MC just have to get Jessica back and protect her basically from herself. I think that will be an interesting chapter. Can't wait for more.
Yes, a new trauma may have entered Sarah's life, but she finally has closure about Mike and her first mother. She's no longer waiting for the other shoe to drop. It dropped and she shot it. Now that healing process can move forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: RogueKnightUK

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
fffunk!
mom seem is "baked" pretty fast... well good for her.
for her good - she is not like Charlotte (you know about whom i talk right? ok no more money if what. hey! do not think bad about C - she have their own issues - all have their own issues)
but it not for her bad impression. she is still best woman in the world because she is mom.
I don't remember a scene where Bethany was consuming edibles or smoking lots of cannabis.
We haven't met Charlotte in the game yet, so I'm not sure to whom you're referring.
Narrow, broad, no matter. It is the literal definition of the term. As I mentioned before, I am a keen writer and reader. Language, used well, is a very precise tool. Misuse of language blunts that tool for everyone. If you are going to use a word, please at least try to understand its correct meaning, that way, you might even select the right word(s) for what you intend to convey.

You are still missing the point. You are presenting your personal opinions and perspectives as though they are universal truths. As if you have some ultimate authority that makes your viewpoint or opinion more special, more important than that of others. Well, newsflash for you - it isn't. You are not speaking 'universal truths', just one more person with an opinion. Not even an especially credible or authoritative one, given that you are talking about media, about story-crafting, yet are so proud about not even knowing exactly what a 'cliff-hanger' actually is. So yeah, it is relevant to mention.
Remember, this is a forum where NTR can mean whatever the hell the commenter wants it to mean.

There are a lot of people (usually newbies, but not always) who make such declarations, treating their own experiences and perspectives as universal.

Last edited:

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
I don't remember a scene where Bethany was consuming edibles or smoking lots of cannabis.
We haven't met Charlotte in the game yet, so I'm not sure to whom you're referring.
ok. seem to me word "baked" is not correctly "received" - i mean Bethany (i.e mom) is getting ready (for sex) like bun is baked in the oven - is getting ready for eating.

do you mean word "baked" have relation to smoking weed?
I'm Russian, I don't know much English, and I don't smoke cannabis, and I didn't know about this slang expression that seems to be related to smoking cannabis.

and who is Charlotte? mother of MC from VN "no more money"...

Last edited:

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Hmm... I missed the Moonbox reference. I guess I was too caught up in the story. I only caught the MNF references.
When the MC sees they have another house nearby, when looking at an email on his PC, he asks his black haired daughter(I renamed her, so can't recall her default name) about it, she says it is Grandma's House and can she go there with him. He says that she shouldn't be playing games like that, which confuses her.

Last edited:

muiejidani123

Feb 14, 2023
Would you prefer he'd ended it a few scenes earlier, in the back alley?

For me, it felt like the end of the first installment of a trilogy, like blowing up the Death Star and the following ceremony in Episode 4. Still a few loose ends, a few things to resolve, but the main goals of the installment were resolved.
Nah man, like I said, it was a perfect ending in terms of marketing. And I understand it completely, the guy is smart. Even though the story is a huge stretch and it has big holes, it is very enjoyable and that's all that matters.

Rex72

Aug 5, 2018
This is a verry well written story mostly, and I eagerly look forward to the rest of it. If I must complain at all it would be that the story is often to verbose, to much filler vs actual story moving forward. I think it would be as good or better if it was 1/4 shorter and would loose none of the parts that make it a verry good story, from what I read here many would agree.
Games/stories like this make me wish for a follow/like option for the specific title to get a notification when the next part is out similar to youtube or twitter. I play 50-100 different ones and find it difficult sometime to catch the latest release. This would also give the creator/poster a hint of the popularity of their work outside those willing/able to pay for unproven and unfinished products, so we perhaps can avoid them going abandoned even if popular.
This is why things like free to play for a limited time or part of the game is far better at selling the complete game at a fair price. Paying for something that may or may not be produced in months or longer only incentivises writers/producers to take as much time they can without losing to many "patreons" or whatever they use, not a method I support at all.

• Sad
Reactions: turgsh01
4.50 star(s) 154 Votes