4.50 star(s) 154 Votes

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
she'll eventually realize how ridiculous she's being and will end up apologizing to them
Remember where you are. She will end up riding the MCs dick while licking out her sisters in catgirl ears and love it. :D

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I am not saying she would have issues with who she killed(I sure as hell wouldn't), reread my original post, I said as much, just that the first kill, for someone that hasn't been completely prepared for that(like a soldier but even they often struggle with it), might need some actual therapy and support from those around them.
I do honestly get where you're coming from. I also agree that Mommysbuttslut's phrasing is better.

Remember, "It's not a real complaint unless it comes from the Complaigne region of France--otherwise, it's just a sparkly whine." :cool:
Hadn't heard that one before. It's freaking AWESOME :ROFLMAO:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
This is a verry well written story mostly, and I eagerly look forward to the rest of it. If I must complain at all it would be that the story is often to verbose, to much filler vs actual story moving forward. I think it would be as good or better if it was 1/4 shorter and would loose none of the parts that make it a verry good story, from what I read here many would agree.
Games/stories like this make me wish for a follow/like option for the specific title to get a notification when the next part is out similar to youtube or twitter. I play 50-100 different ones and find it difficult sometime to catch the latest release. This would also give the creator/poster a hint of the popularity of their work outside those willing/able to pay for unproven and unfinished products, so we perhaps can avoid them going abandoned even if popular.
This is why things like free to play for a limited time or part of the game is far better at selling the complete game at a fair price. Paying for something that may or may not be produced in months or longer only incentivises writers/producers to take as much time they can without losing to many "patreons" or whatever they use, not a method I support at all.
This is a very long, convoluted, and poorly written "critique" considering the main thrust of it is "your story is too verbose and you should make it easier for us to get the game so you know how many more people play your game without paying for it."

BTW:

About your last paragraph: Of course you, here on a pirate site, prefer F2P over paying for something someone put their time and effort into. And of course most people prefer that, but did you notice that most of the biggest F2P games that do the best cost the most money to enjoy at the top level?

Also, as for knowing how popular the game is here, Killer7 has control of the thread, so pretty sure he can track all that stuff anyway if that interests him.

How many threads you follow doesn't change the fact that you're informed when updates happen on each thread by the name changing, so it's on you to pay attention to when the notification that the update has been posted arrives. If you think F95Zone should implement something more penetrative, so EVERY GAME you follow actually sends out a special notification when that OP is updated, that's not something to post buried in a ramble on one game's thread, that's something to post in the F95Zone suggestions thread (and considering they're REMOVING stuff that gets put in those OPs (compressed links for instance), I highly doubt they're in the mood to add anything right now.)

3) First line in the dev notes: This is a story heavy visual novel. Yes, a story-heavy story can have too much redundant chatting, but the fact that you follow your initial "complaint" with overly-verbose rambling about multiple unrelated topics makes me wonder at the veracity of your argument.

4) Another one for the list ...

Last edited:

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Gotcha, I agree he would also have trauma but as I am inserting myself as the MC, it is in my nature to protect first, then deal with my own stuff later. Not being sexist, if it were my son, same deal, they come first. Of course, part of that helping them heal, might be discussing my issues, so we help each other heal. Two birds, one stone, to use one of the English idioms that got used in the latest update.

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Gotcha, I agree he would also have trauma but as I am inserting myself as the MC, it is in my nature to protect first, then deal with my own stuff later. Not being sexist, if it were my son, same deal, they come first. Of course, part of that helping them heal, might be discussing my issues, so we help each other heal. Two birds, one stone, to use one of the English idioms that got used in the latest update.
Yeah. But given where we are, I think none of us want to play a PTSD simulation for the next few episodes, unless PTSD stands for Pussies, Tits, Sluts and Dicking. :D

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Well, I liked the update. Had to replay everything and due to RL (yeah I know, how dare RL happens and interupts, right?) it took some time to finish it. But now I finished it. And I had some tears in my eyes. Not many VNs do manage that (NiiChan's games and MNF were the only ones so far). So you can say that I'm definitly attached to this story on a emotional level. I'm happy, that the threat of Mike is finally gone, but I fear for Sarah, because of the situation she was put in. I was a soldier and was trained to kill, got also an uncle and cousin, who are police and therefor trained for that, but to see it actually happen or even the one to pull the trigger, no training can prepare you for that. It scars someone for the rest of the live, for Sarah it could also turn out to be kind of healing, but she will definitly go through some difficult times. And I fear for Jessica and that she may do something extremly dumb and dangerous, dangerous for her. What I'm glad for is that Anna finally woke up. Now MC just have to get Jessica back and protect her basically from herself. I think that will be an interesting chapter. Can't wait for more.
I was also a soldier and while not at war, I was faced with a situation where I had to point a loaded gun to someone, and be prepared to shoot to kill. I was able to keep my cool and defuse the situation peacefuly, yet, 40+ years later, I still have nightmares about it. I had a life at the mercy of a contraction of my finger. Someone that was too high to even comprehend the danger he was in. I can't even imagine what would have happened to me if I had shot, a shot that I was legally OBLIGATED to have taken. I could have faced prison time for sparing that life. So, yeah, Sarah's headspace MUST be a mess, if not now, it will be in the future. She will need help.

Peace :)

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
f2p means free to pay and the mentioning of cliffhanger makes me wanna see the movie

and now it's MNF to have a eventual update
I mean, you're not wrong on either count ... although it makes me think more of the poster and the scene related to the poster than actually pulling it up to watch.

Reactions: jackdragonchaos

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Remember where you are. She will end up riding the MCs dick while licking out her sisters in catgirl ears and love it. :D

I do honestly get where you're coming from. I also agree that Mommysbuttslut's phrasing is better.

Hadn't heard that one before. It's freaking AWESOME :ROFLMAO:
There's not a lot of grace given here to women who have character flaws, or men who show any sign of weakness. I often wonder how some posters here interact in the real world.

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Yeah. But given where we are, I think none of us want to play a PTSD simulation for the next few episodes, unless PTSD stands for Pussies, Tits, Sluts and Dicking. :D
Heh, I didn't mean to drag it out with multiple scenes of them crying on each others shoulders about it. Just like a single scene where they discuss, maybe then hug, then kiss, then agree to go on a date. Maybe instead or additionally, just have a scene where Sarah see the same shrink as the MC is currently seeing. That might even lead to some additional kinky stuff down the road with the good Doctor Love.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Heh, I didn't mean to drag it out with multiple scenes of them crying on each others shoulders about it. Just like a single scene where they discuss, maybe then hug, then kiss, then agree to go on a date. Maybe instead or additionally, just have a scene where Sarah see the same shrink as the MC is currently seeing. That might even lead to some additional kinky stuff down the road with the good Doctor Love.
It's a fair point, but from a game/story writing perspective, much more complex. Humans are funny creatures with a lot of individual cognitive abilities (and follies), and what improves something for one may just as easily be to the detriment of another. Some people are far more literal than others, and if something isn't expressly mentioned, they won't imagine it happened and just wasn't covered. Others hate the statement of the blindingly obvious as unnecessary and even patronizing.

Sensible readers/players already realize that debriefing, trauma counselling, etc is all an integral part of the job for a police officer involved in a shooting, and don't need it mentioned at all because it is so obvious. Likewise, we already know that the MC is regularly visiting a shrink already and it would almost certainly come up. Unless there is a specific point of interest in the way that conversation happens, covering it is unnecessary and only leads to more complaints of too much repetitive exposition.

Non-sensible or insensible readers/players should simply be ignored. Most of them either aren't reading at all, or don't comprehend any of it, and complain just to have something to complain sparkling whine about (thanks Dragon59 ) for some attention (and shouldn't be given any). Never cater to the trolls and idiots, it only draws more of them and/or rewards such behaviours.

[added for clarity]
The old saying (with great truth) goes: "You can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you cannot please all of the people all of the time"
A writer has to make hard decisions and compromises at times, just to get what is perfect in their own head, to work at all in the heads of an audience. The nature of those compromises can vary. Sometimes you have to choose whether to go with something that really pleases a set type of reader/player (some of the people fully pleased) and risk losing some of the rest of the audience entirely, or whether to go with something that 'works' for the most possible people, but less pleasingly. It's not easy.

I guess, ultimately, you simply say "Well, K7 has told a great story thus far, and I'm going to trust whatever he decides", or at the very least, we wait and let him make his magic happen before we start interfering and 'back-seat driving' his vehicle. :)
[/added]

Last edited:

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
Now that I've had time to soak in all the emotions and thoughts that chapter 3 brought I just wanna say, amazing update! :love:

I knew I would enjoy it, and still it ended up making me extremely happy and wanting more after I finished it. I may have had a couple of small gripes, but those don't compare to the amazingness of this chapter, and how much of a rollercoaster it was. I'm already looking forward to an amazing chapter 4, which will undoubtedly have the best opening day the game will have so far, and also It will continue the Jessica arc, and we will find out where she ran off to, and my guess finally have a breakthrough of some sort with her, and I already know that will be a rollercoaster as well.

I can't wait to shed more tears in chapter 4, and I also am looking forward to finally having Anna back into the families lives, it will undoubtedly improve everyone's mental and make the family whole again; and also now that his memories are back the kids (especially Sarah and Morgan) are gonna be able to truly be themselves again. :giggle:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Why was Sabrina listed as 'Anon' in the MC's phone? I thought there'd be a story but at some point it just switches to "my twin" without a comment.

4.50 star(s) 154 Votes