4.50 star(s) 154 Votes

Beodurr

May 20, 2022
I mean, you're not wrong, but you're missing the point I think. The fact that Jessica feels how she feels is not in any way related to rational thought, nor is the MC's reaction to her dismay. Jessica is also probably supposed to be at least marginally bipolar (or something similar).

On the other side, MC can't ignore the emotions that drive him. He knows he made the only decision he could, but he still feels guilty and sad about the damage it does his sister, especially since his actions seemed to not only give her unrealistic hope, but make things worse going forward.

Everything they both do follows this pattern. When she's calm, Jessica KNOWS she's in the wrong, that she doesn't "have the right" to be mad that he loves Anna first and everyone else second. But when she's upset, she can't think clearly enough to stop herself from trying to get what she wants, or just lashing out because she can't. When the MC is confronted by her anger, he gets calm and sad. He gets angry too, but only at the situation, not at at anyone he considers family.
Thats the thing tho I don't think the MC loves Anna more than the others. Anna said it her self that the MC Loves them just as much as he loves her. the only reason the MC hesitates with the other relationships is because he was with Anna first and it felt like cheating or Taboo incest/sleeping with the wife's sister. I mean do you think the MC loves Anna more than his twin that he has this weird psychic link with or that she comes second cause I don't think so. Jessica had no reason to feel jealous she could have had that too that but she tried to tear him away from everyone else that he loved leaving him no choice but to leave. I just don't like that the story and all the character's Sabrina/Anna/MC/Jessica All seem to think the MC did something wrong here and that HE can fix this its entirely up to HER to fix this as far I am concerned all the MC needs to do is be open to it.

Last edited:

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I just don't like that the story and all the character's Sabrina/Anna/MC/Jessica All seem to think the MC did something wrong here and that HE can fix this its entirely up to HER to fix this as far I am concerned all the MC needs to do is be open to it.
Nobody thinks the MC did anything wrong though, not even Jessica on at least any meaningful level.
Beyond that it's definitely up to Jessica to work on her flaws, reconcile with her family and to accept any olive branches, but the idea that the MC shouldn't have to do anything to reconcile just plain isn't how relationships work. If he wants a relationship with his sister then he's going to need to put the work into it even if the current state of their relationship is 99% Jessica's fault. If he doesn't want a relationship with her or he just doesn't care either way then ya, it would be entirely up to her.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Thats the thing tho I don't think the MC loves Anna more than the others. Anna said it her self that the MC Loves them just as much as he loves her. the only reason the MC hesitates with the other relationships is because he was with Anna first and it felt like cheating or Taboo incest/sleeping with the wife's sister. I mean do you think the MC loves Anna more than his twin that he has this weird psychic link with or that she comes second cause I don't think so. Jessica had no reason to feel jealous she could have had that too that but she tried to tear him away from everyone else that he loved leaving him no choice but to leave. I just don't like that the story and all the character's Sabrina/Anna/MC/Jessica All seem to think the MC did something wrong here and that HE can fix this its entirely up to HER to fix this as far I am concerned all the MC needs to do is be open to it.
I very purposely didn't say "more" ... I said "first" -- I also don't think the MC loves any of the girls he loves* more than the others. I DEFINITELY don't think he loves his daughters less than his wife.

BUT Anna is his glue. Anna is his muse. Anna is his constant. Anna is his enabler. Anna is his everything. Also, CLEARLY Anna is as connected to him as he is to his twin (and she has been since they first met), just in a different way.

I also reject your statement that the other characters think the MC did something wrong, or that he ran away from Jessica because she gave him an ultimatum. The other characters don't even know exactly what their beef is, and for the most part they assume it's just something to do with Jessica Being Jessica™. Shoot, Anna DOES know what the cause is and she doesn't blame the MC, she blames herself.

I don't know if you're not far enough into the story, or you're misinterpreting things, but while Jessica was upset when the MC and Anna moved from their home town (shoot, she was upset that he got married in the first place, she was just less obvious about why back then), she didn't drop her ultimatum until after the kids were born and Anna basically told the MC that he should try and bring Jessica into the fold (as it were) because she thought it would make Jessica finally happy. Needless to say, she may have been a bit premature ...

And her ultimatum wasn't "Don't leave me" ... that was just what she wanted. Her ultimatum was "I want you to myself, and you'll break me if you don't leave everyone else behind for me." ... and on a VERY TINY level it is his and Anna's fault that she was brought to that moment, but it is ENTIRELY her fault that she went through with the ultimatum ... and from everything we've seen, she beats herself up over it all the time, leading to much of her continued erratic behavior.

So yes, while Anna in particular, and the others in subjective theory, think the MC can "fix" things eventually, it's not because they think he's to blame for something, it's because they believe in the MC. They believe that he's as good a person as they'll ever meet, and if ANYONE can get through to Jessica and heal whatever rift is between them, it's him.

*On a side note, I think this is my issue with Lisa, and makes me wonder about some of his "permissions" that his wife was giving him. Every other character he is involved with he "loves" and are family. Every other character he will potentially be involved with (at least for now) is someone he clearly loves and are at least LIKE family. Lisa doesn't fit ... in a way, she feels more like a MNF "friend with benefits" character than a MNM character. I suspect there will be more of these people (the first library girl comes to mind) but I hope most will be more like Samantha, Sabine, Valeria, Alba, etc.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk ...

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Nobody thinks the MC did anything wrong though, not even Jessica on at least any meaningful level.
Beyond that it's definitely up to Jessica to work on her flaws, reconcile with her family and to accept any olive branches, but the idea that the MC shouldn't have to do anything to reconcile just plain isn't how relationships work. If he wants a relationship with his sister then he's going to need to put the work into it even if the current state of their relationship is 99% Jessica's fault. If he doesn't want a relationship with her or he just doesn't care either way then ya, it would be entirely up to her.
I was about to give your post a smack to the forehead reaction, but it would have been because you clearly finished this just as I started editing mine, and I can't give my own post a smack to the forehead ... but in the end I felt that was unfair, so I just wrote this instead ... :rolleyes:

Beodurr

May 20, 2022
I very purposely didn't say "more" ... I said "first" -- I also don't think the MC loves any of the girls he loves* more than the others. I DEFINITELY don't think he loves his daughters less than his wife.

BUT Anna is his glue. Anna is his muse. Anna is his constant. Anna is his enabler. Anna is his everything. Also, CLEARLY Anna is as connected to him as he is to his twin (and she has been since they first met), just in a different way.

I also reject your statement that the other characters think the MC did something wrong, or that he ran away from Jessica because she gave him an ultimatum. The other characters don't even know exactly what their beef is, and for the most part they assume it's just something to do with Jessica Being Jessica™. Shoot, Anna DOES know what the cause is and she doesn't blame the MC, she blames herself.

I don't know if you're not far enough into the story, or you're misinterpreting things, but while Jessica was upset when the MC and Anna moved from their home town (shoot, she was upset that he got married in the first place, she was just less obvious about why back then), she didn't drop her ultimatum until after the kids were born and Anna basically told the MC that he should try and bring Jessica into the fold (as it were) because she thought it would make Jessica finally happy. Needless to say, she may have been a bit premature ...

And her ultimatum wasn't "Don't leave me" ... that was just what she wanted. Her ultimatum was "I want you to myself, and you'll break me if you don't leave everyone else behind for me." ... and on a VERY TINY level it is his and Anna's fault that she was brought to that moment, but it is ENTIRELY her fault that she went through with the ultimatum ... and from everything we've seen, she beats herself up over it all the time, leading to much of her continued erratic behavior.

So yes, while Anna in particular, and the others in subjective theory, think the MC can "fix" things eventually, it's not because they think he's to blame for something, it's because they believe in the MC. They believe that he's as good a person as they'll ever meet, and if ANYONE can get through to Jessica and heal whatever rift is between them, it's him.

*On a side note, I think this is my issue with Lisa, and makes me wonder about some of his "permissions" that his wife was giving him. Every other character he is involved with he "loves" and are family. Every other character he will potentially be involved with (at least for now) is someone he clearly loves and are at least LIKE family. Lisa doesn't fit ... in a way, she feels more like a MNF "friend with benefits" character than a MNM character. I suspect there will be more of these people (the first library girl comes to mind) but I hope most will be more like Samantha, Sabine, Valeria, Alba, etc.

except they literally do. I'm paraphrasing here but all the characters I've mentioned have said something along the lines of yeah YOU messed up and hurt her but YOU can fix this. Agree to disagree, ultimately I just don't like Jessica her type of personality is inherently toxic I've dated a girl like her and hell no to that gaslighting constant guilt tripping/anger bullshit. Anyway yeah I guess I read your first post wrong he did love Anna first.

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
a weird continuity issue to report. everyone is acting like the discussion with sabrina about mc's half sisters happened when it didn't.

jackdragonchaos

Jun 22, 2019
except they literally do. I'm paraphrasing here but all the characters I've mentioned have said something along the lines of yeah YOU messed up and hurt her but YOU can fix this. Agree to disagree, ultimately I just don't like Jessica her type of personality is inherently toxic I've dated a girl like her and hell no to that gaslighting constant guilt tripping/anger bullshit. Anyway yeah I guess I read your first post wrong he did love Anna first.
when did they say that?

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
a weird continuity issue to report. everyone is acting like the discussion with sabrina about mc's half sisters happened when it didn't.
Yeah that is an error on my part. The event only happens if you are on Bethanys route. I fixed it for the steam version ( you still have to be on Sabrinas route ) but it's not fixed for other versions ( since uploading fixes here is a bit tiresome ).

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I do not understand why Jessica feels like she has a right to be mad at the MC. Unless I am misunderstanding the situation Anna and the MC were already together, Anna encouraged them to get together and they did, they were both consenting adults who understood the situation. Then Jessica decided she wanted to change the terms and delivered an ultimatum seriously why does everyone act like MC hurt her, she hurt herself. When everyone was talking about how MC hurt her I thought he led her on or something then left her for Anna, something like that. But this situation is entirely on her. Man the more I learn the less I like her.
Ok, so let's flip the script, as the saying goes... Say that you had someone in your life, we won't even call them a relative, just a really good friend that you have known for what fells like your entire life. She's always been there for you as a best friend and knows everything about you. You trust her completely. But, even though you compare every other girl to her, she's always felt "off-limits" to you because you don't want to destroy your relationship with her and know that she doesn't feel the same way about you.
One day she meets a man and they get married. He sees how close the two of you are and realizes that despite either of you admitting it, you both love one another and he encourages her to seek a relationship with you and bring you into her love circle, which also includes the guys little brother.
She then confronts you and makes you realise/admit that you truely do love and desire her and you are amazed that she feels the same way and when you say "So what do we do about these feelings? Are you going to leave him and be with me?" she says "No, he's the one who encouraged me to come talk to you. He's fine with me loving you both." At this point, do you tell her, "No. I'm not cool with that." or do you move into her house, sleep with them in their bed, and take showers with both of them?
Now that you have admitted your love and have been told that she loves you too, you are hit with the knowledge that the only way you can have her is to share her bed with anyone she wants to bring in to it.
Are you cool with her at this point, or are you pissed because you had spent a lifetime keeping those feelings for her smothered and not admitting them? Now SHE has come to you and forced you to confront how you truely feel, open the door that you have kept tightly shut, and let yourself love her. Let yourself HOPE that you can be with her... and you can be, as long as you're cool that she's with others too.
Do you not think that you might find yourself feeling a little dissapointed. Like you were given hope and then it was yanked away again? Can you truely not understand any of how Jessica is feeling?

If not, well then just chalk it up to her being a woman. They hardly ever make any sense. You yourself said that you dated a woman who was unhealthily toxic. At least give Killer7 props for making the story realistic and true to life. As Sheldon once put it in The Big Bang Theory, "Bitches be crazy."

Thank you for your TED talk. As always it was Awesome!

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 154 Votes