4.50 star(s) 154 Votes

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I may be.. lonely with my "hot take" but honestly I wasn't super frustrated with him. I find it hard to be frustrated with his first days as the story literally starts out as a MC who can't remember anything aside from a woman on the sitting soda in his current 'room' and the other woman in a car with him. His reactions as a character well not 100% realistic make sense for the character that was being developed for the story.

As far as the note on being annoyed with his Twin or Lena... I again Hot lonely take perhaps.. wasn't really frustrated with them. Especially not his Twin sister. In fact i found her to one of the more endearing initial characters.
The only thing I could find frustrating would be from MC and Anna's and Yukiko's POV that she can't be open with everyone about who dad really is for many a year, and lost out on some real in person time with MC and her sisters because of her mother moving. (It of course is stated in story she spent a fair bit of time being pissed at Lena for it)

...as for the character in general I Love them all but I have my favorites of course but thats for another post lol
A lot a lot of avn fans seem to really not do the whole empathy thing. I feel like most but not all of the MC was so mean crowd fall into this clump. As well as the how dare this woman not instantly love me, or have conflicted emotions, or various other totally normal human responses. That's my hot take.

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
I may be.. lonely with my "hot take" but honestly I wasn't super frustrated with him. I find it hard to be frustrated with his first days as the story literally starts out as a MC who can't remember anything aside from a woman on the sitting soda in his current 'room' and the other woman in a car with him. His reactions as a character well not 100% realistic make sense for the character that was being developed for the story.
Hard agree, you are definitely not alone. I think its crazy to expect someone who just woke up from a coma who also has amnesia to act like its no biggie, "yeah take me to see the fam, no big deal that I cant remember any of them and it could possibly really hurt their feelings seeing that". this is a huge choice for the mc to make, one that shouldn't be taken lightly
Also it's a solid story telling idea in order to help the readers learn about the personality of the MC while he also learns it himself. it assists us in endearing ourselves to the characters (especially the MC) while also showing how they act in times of duress. do they act like nothing is wrong like olivia? do they shut down like the older blond sister whose name I forget?

As far as the note on being annoyed with his Twin or Lena... I again Hot lonely take perhaps.. wasn't really frustrated with them. Especially not his Twin sister. In fact i found her to one of the more endearing initial characters.
Once again you are not alone in this opinion. I imagine myself in the MCs shoes, wake up with amnesia, can barely remember anything, then a day later my twin sister whom I have a fucking psychic connection to is like "we be fuckin" I would question my sanity.

It also makes more sense from a story telling perspective to give the reigns of telling the MC this huge detail to his wife, it allows us to see MC and wifes unbreakable bond, and it gives a tangible example of how they work together during the events of the story, rather than being in a flashback.

jackdragonchaos

Jun 22, 2019
i think most of us are fine with how the MC[who is us or we them to a degree] are fine with how he reacted

was the feedback loop ever hinted about the twins meaning MC and sabrina i wonder how worried she'll be feeling his pain during the hostage/whatever happen

please let there be a moment between them about that

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
i think most of us are fine with how the MC[who is us or we them to a degree] are fine with how he reacted

was the feedback loop ever hinted about the twins meaning MC and sabrina i wonder how worried she'll be feeling his pain during the hostage/whatever happen

please let there be a moment between them about that
Hopefully, but barely any time has passed since the incident. He went right to the hospital from the scene.

jackdragonchaos

Jun 22, 2019
Hopefully, but barely any time has passed since the incident. He went right to the hospital from the scene.
true so maybe eventually they both talk about it cause chances are it'll bother her until they talk about it, least that's how i see it.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
That reminds me of the one poster who claimed that Bethany now had "A bun in her oven." When questioned about the likelihood of pregnancy, he sudden said that "Bun in her oven means an idea in her head to be with John."

Definitely an eye rolling moment there.

• Haha
Reactions: FatGiant

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
sex being one of them.......:unsure:
That reminds me when my wife was in maternity preparing to give birth to our daughter. With my usual "gag reflex," I said some jokes that got her laughing. The nurses ran in because the laughter looked like a seizure on their monitors.

I can see the same thing happening with John and his beloved. Well, once she rushes in, it could be a way to thank Anna's nurse for all her care....

Last edited:

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
Hard agree, you are definitely not alone. I think its crazy to expect someone who just woke up from a coma who also has amnesia to act like its no biggie, "yeah take me to see the fam, no big deal that I cant remember any of them and it could possibly really hurt their feelings seeing that". this is a huge choice for the mc to make, one that shouldn't be taken lightly
Also it's a solid story telling idea in order to help the readers learn about the personality of the MC while he also learns it himself. it assists us in endearing ourselves to the characters (especially the MC) while also showing how they act in times of duress. do they act like nothing is wrong like olivia? do they shut down like the older blond sister whose name I forget?

Once again you are not alone in this opinion. I imagine myself in the MCs shoes, wake up with amnesia, can barely remember anything, then a day later my twin sister whom I have a fucking psychic connection to is like "we be fuckin" I would question my sanity.

It also makes more sense from a story telling perspective to give the reigns of telling the MC this huge detail to his wife, it allows us to see MC and wifes unbreakable bond, and it gives a tangible example of how they work together during the events of the story, rather than being in a flashback.
This is exactly how i feel about this as well. Glad you could put into words what i was feeling.

Last edited:
Reactions: shitass1001

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
anyone have a time frame for when 0.5 coming out?
Not for a while. Killer7 writes large updates and alternates between the 2 games, and the next one to be updated will be My New Family, so this will probably not be updated until Fall or Winter.

jackdragonchaos

Jun 22, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's possible she got some sort of promotional deal, or the devs just hyped the close characture, or it was just Henry making the connection, but whether there's any real link or not, that was the title of the MxR video. No actual mention of her is in the game itself.
ooooh......also i dislike that MC face which i think i saw in another game

4.50 star(s) 154 Votes