4.50 star(s) 154 Votes

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I´m just hoping that it wont take long until she wakes up, we need her at Home. :p
Unfortunately, I think we still need "Force Ghost Anna" for a while longer. MC is still in the stage of figuring out what's going on, exploring who he was and who he will be. As long as she's in a coma, all she does is nudge him a bit toward the goal. If she were to wake up, I feel she would dominate the process and overwhelm him with everything at once.

I trust that she will be the Holy Grail MC receives once he has found himself, once he embraces his place in this strange family.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Unfortunately, I think we still need "Force Ghost Anna" for a while longer. MC is still in the stage of figuring out what's going on, exploring who he was and who he will be. As long as she's in a coma, all she does is nudge him a bit toward the goal. If she were to wake up, I feel she would dominate the process and overwhelm him with everything at once.

I trust that she will be the Holy Grail MC receives once he has found himself, once he embraces his place in this strange family.
I don't give a flying rats ass WHEN she wakes up as long as she DOES wake up. If she doesn't, i'll rain down hellfire and brimstone on K7's computer.........

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
I don't give a flying rats ass WHEN she wakes up as long as she DOES wake up. If she doesn't, i'll rain down hellfire and brimstone on K7's computer.........
I don't know... I can see an ending where MC has remembered his life, he completely loves his family and friends, everyone is happy, and Anna tells him she's done everything she stuck around for and slips away. It would be a very emotional scene, but it would certainly fit with what has happened so far and the way stories of this nature go sometimes.

Reactions: Hordragg

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I know what you mean. Even though Killer7 has assured us that she will wake up from her coma, so many of the visitations have a "preparing MC for her death" feel. I mentioned at one point that the music during her scenes have some aspects in common with "Unchained Melody," which doesn't help ones confidence level at all.

Could be worse--it could sound like "Chasing Cars."*

*EDIT: Chasing Cars was used a few times in Grey's Anatomy when important characters were dying. I heard it in another show when the main characters developing love interest was late from a long night time drive, and my dread was triggered big time.

Last edited:

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
I don't know... I can see an ending where MC has remembered his life, he completely loves his family and friends, everyone is happy, and Anna tells him she's done everything she stuck around for and slips away. It would be a very emotional scene, but it would certainly fit with what has happened so far and the way stories of this nature go sometimes.
We already have word of K7 that she's not gonna die. So no worries there.

I know what you mean. Even though Killer7 has assured us that she will wake up from her coma, so many of the visitations have a "preparing MC for her death" feel. I mentioned at one point that the music during her scenes have some aspects in common with "Unchained Melody," which doesn't help ones confidence level at all.

Could be worse--it could sound like "Chasing Cars."
Technically he's just told us that she won't die, not that she'll wake up (though I do believe she will).

Reactions: haooni

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Yes, thematicatically, it makes a lot of sense. If the writer were anyone other than Killer7, I would worry more. Still, when those scenes happen, my brain doesn't consider his assurances and I feel the impending loss. I've actually cried a few times in those scenes.

If for example, we were assured by J.J. "he's totally not Kahn" Abrams, I wouldn't trust it at all.

• Haha
Reactions: gubp and Blargher

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Think you missed the point entirely...MNF actually looks fantastic and has good writing. Most 3dcg games look awful and have garbage writing and/or broken English. MNM has the good writing but as I've been told since writing, it's just that daz3d looks extremely off-putting to my tastes.
Whereas some people hate Honey Select with a passion. There are people who refuse to try MNF because it is done in HS.

Reactions: jaw1986baby

Blargher

May 2, 2018
I've always seen more hate for Honey Select than Daz3d to be honest. Never understood the hate, but I'm also a guy that will still play pixelated games or "ps1" style games if they're done well because the art is still a unique style. I spent more time on games like Binding of Isaac and Darkest Dungeon than a bunch of AAA titles that came out in the same time frames. Art is very biased to one's tastes.

I remember thinking Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night was an absolute beautiful game, showed one of my friends a video of it and they literally word for word said "Wouldn't play that game with such trash graphics."

I think both MNF and MNMs are beautiful for the engine they use. Though that's just my tastes.

Yes, thematicatically, it makes a lot of sense. If the writer were anyone other than Killer7, I would worry more. Still, when those scenes happen, my brain doesn't consider his assurances and I feel the impending loss. I've actually cried a few times in those scenes.

If for example, we were assured by J.J. "he's totally not Kahn" Abrams, I wouldn't trust it at all.
Yeah I wouldn't see Killer7 doing that but I do see that as an alright fitting end too even but I don't see Killer ever going for that kinda ending. Too kind and nice. lol

Also I've cried at many games and movies with scenes with losses if written well, first one comes to mind is telltale walking dead, season 1 finale.

The whole point in a good story or game with a story is to feel like you're there, to feel the emotions. Especially if it's been a longer journey with said character. Whether it be the playable character or someone close to them.

Also I haven't seen that movie yet, but I know exactly what you're saying and getting at that. lmao So dumb he did that. A lot do shady things. While I like a lot of their franchises, I would rarely trust Capcom too. And don't get me started on Konami. -_-''

Killer7 has always delivered though, so like you said I wouldn't be worried either.

Todays render is Anna just reading a book :).

View attachment 1285808
Love it! lol reading a book by the fireplace. So calming. (Though I get feeling that book is like 50 shades of grey. LOL)

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Man this game

Hits me right in the feels a couple of times

Great story ...great characters

But damn brings out emotions

I do hope that Anna will wake up eventually

But that cliffhanger tho... I was not really surprised by it i kindda had a feeling that would be the case

But still cant wait to see the mc his reaction on that news

cearin

Feb 4, 2021
Lena is a prefectly normal native Japanese name though. Anna as well, BTW. Before Sabrina commented on Lena's name, I thought it was pretty neat, that you gave the two German-Japanese sisters the names that were native in both German and Japanese.
(Technically Japanese name is Rena, but L and R are the same thing in Japanese, and it's not English R, but more like Spanish short R. Also, there's some discrepancy in vowel length. English name Lena is usually transliterated into Japanese as Reena with a long E, but there is another native Japanese name Reina, which is read the same as Reena, with the long E)

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Since we're on curious topics, is it weird when I picture John's face like Sabrina's, only with shorter hair and Groucho Marx glasses?

• Haha
Reactions: Killer7 and _13_

Jinti

Dec 25, 2019
I didn't know that Cearin, thanks for explaining :D I always thought Lena and Anna were just common German names. Speaking of Lena... Have a little special render of her I made just for fun.
Lena is sweet but that lamp on the table behind is really interesting. Lamp base is somewhat fluid :p

• Haha
Reactions: Killer7

RedNoise

Apr 24, 2017
I don't know if it's the lighting, the environments, or some kind of voodoo magic, but these daily renders just keep getting better and better!

Reactions: Dragon59

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
LOL what is in a name, I know for a fact here in Australia some bogans (white trash) named a boy assassin, and then a girl named Abcde (Ab See Dee), then look at the stupid fucks in Holiwood, Apple, Tiger-Lily, and whatever the fuck Elon Musks poor kid is named.

4.50 star(s) 154 Votes