4.50 star(s) 154 Votes

Duergh

Sep 5, 2019
move on and play other games instead of complaining over and over again .
I replyed once as i think he's previous characters was better writen and now i'm just repling to u, don't know wher u see here "complaining over and over again" ?

we generally treat them by explaining them about their medical condition ( amnesia ) and slowly or gradually show them their old photographs and allow them to speak with family members and ask them whether they are able to remember anything or not
And as to treating amnesia u basicly says same as i did, so don't rly know what ur up too ?

I think if you see it like that you wont like the Overall premise of the game and its better to move on. I mean, throwing in a pathetic because mc agrees to tell Lena everything even though she doesnt is a bit weird.
Ye, that is basicly the plan, just decided to tell my opinion about this project as i thin it's a step in wrong direction from the previous one(at last in my opinion), and as i did say it's not just lena but as for now every of he's so called friend deny to tell him he's past(twin, sister in law and gay friend)
Ofc if u decide to hold it as it is right now or change it a bit is totaly up to u as it's ur game and u know best what idea for it u have regardless if anyone agree with it or not. Nevertheless still wish u luck with it and hope it be as good as MNF, cheers.

Last edited:

Jsd16

May 18, 2020
I replyed once as i think he's previous characters was better writen and now i'm just repling to u, don't know wher u see here "complaining over and over again" ?

And as to treating amnesia u basicly says same as i did, so don't rly know what ur up too ?
You have posted thrice and a review saying same things that I don't like how amnesia patients treated and how you hope dev to rewrite story just cause you didn't like it .

Same thing really man , I just said not to overwhelm the patient with questions and with his past and treat them gradually if they don't remember anything by showing them photos of his past and easing him with their family situation . And in this game MC starts to remember about his past on his own , then why you want the family members to tell him about his past , let him to remember things on his own pace rather than taking risk with him talking about his past and have a risk of complete mental breakdown . U want them to tell about their special relationship and wanna break his mind ?

Last edited:

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I take the position that you shouldn't give people everything they ask you for. In this context, I would like to recall that John, if I remember correctly, every time he got a memory back at the beginning that was not through his subconscious in the form of his wife, he got a short, unpleasant migraine attack, which his family members also witnessed from time to time. I'm guessing that his family wants to avoid that pain from too much input coming back all at once, and that could possibly have health implications for him.

And I'd argue that Killer7 has improved significantly from the start of My New Family, both in terms of narrative style and technically (and I'm not talking about HS vs. DAZ, where I probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference if my life depended on it). I wouldn't put it past him that if he started MNF today, it would probably be even better with the engine used there.

Last edited:

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
I take the position that you shouldn't give people everything they ask you for. In this context, I would like to recall that John, if I remember correctly, every time he got a memory back at the beginning that was not through his subconscious in the form of his wife, he got a short, unpleasant migraine attack, which his family members also witnessed from time to time. I'm guessing that his family wants to avoid that pain from too much input coming back all at once, and that could possibly have health implications for him.

And I'd argue that Killer7 has improved significantly from the start of My New Family, both in terms of narrative style and technically (and I'm not talking about HS vs. DAZ, where I probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference if my life depended on it). I wouldn't put it past him that if he started MNF today, it would probably be even better with the engine used there.
That is pretty much the idea behind it. Don't overwhelm him with stuff, especially with things like Yukiko etc. But now that this is done there won't be any secret stuff anymore, as I already said several times :).

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Oh thank fuck, the secrete stuff is like a steering wheel in my male pants, driving me nuts.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Oh thank fuck, the secrete stuff is like a steering wheel in my male pants, driving me nuts.
Now that the "secret stuff" is dealt with, I expect that the MC will "secrete stuff" a lot more from here on out.

Sorry, couldn't avoid remarking on the typo that seems so appropriate for an AVN. They usually seem to focus on secretions of one sort or another.

Marble

Jun 20, 2017
Is it me or is there an inconsistency in the story about the muscle car? It starts off with Sabrina saying it was your first car, then 2 sentences later she says your dad always helped you because a car like this needs a ton of work, then 5 sentences later she says your dad died a year before you even got the car gifted to you...

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Is it me or is there an inconsistency in the story about the muscle car? It starts off with Sabrina saying it was your first car, then 2 sentences later she says your dad always helped you because a car like this needs a ton of work, then 5 sentences later she says your dad died a year before you even got the car gifted to you...
Nah, I think I just worded that a bit more complicated than I wanted.

MC's first car was the Charger, he and his father used to work on it when he was younger. Then, after MC moved away, he lost this car. After his father passed away Sabrina gifted him the exact same car model as a birthday present. I think you also confused a bit of stuff there :p.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: jaw1986baby

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
What I found confusing was, if his wife is German, why an American car, Germany is the only country that knows how to make cars properly.

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
What I found confusing was, if his wife is German, why an American car, Germany is the only country that knows how to make cars properly.
I personally love German cars ( I drove an Audi for quite a while ) but American muscle cars are just something I always enjoyed to at least listen to.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
So I wanted to weigh in on the subject of telling Amnesia patients their history. Now, full disclosure, I have nothing to do with the medical field, I just find the way the brain works fascinating, and am trying to piece together potential reasons for treating patience this way.

I believe part of the concern with telling amnesia patients their history has to do with why they don't have access to the memories in the first place. The storage space to the memories is typically intact, but, the pathways to them no longer work. So the patient needs to develop new pathways to the memories. I believe that remembering things on ones own is likely to help these pathways develop, while being told everything about one's old life may actually stop the brain from trying to create them, since it doesn't feel as great a need to reach them, since they can now remember what they were told things were like.

Just a theory based on a long time ago being fascinated with the brain and how it works, and standard procedures with amnesia patients as I know them. Could be totally wrong, but makes sense to me.

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
Wow....I love this game.... so wholesome and charming.....even tho I wish I had more agency in the story, the dialog options are few and far between, I kinda wish for more options, even if they don't all change the story in a meaningful way I think It would be cool to help shape the personality of the MC trough conversations with dialog options....but still Im very impressed with the quality of the writing and the charming plot....that said, something kinda feels a little weird to me...

The kids....the way they act...they sound like teenagers... not 18-20 years old young adults... they are all teenagers... 14-16 at best...and they are so small compared to the other adults in the game....I know the MC is supposed to be huge... but come on...seems like the author just wanted to make them teenagers but said they are all "legal" to avoid getting in trouble...which is understandable tbh Im all in for them no matter what.

but anyways, is not a big deal, maybe I just lack the life experience to know that some families are like that... that said, I really fell in love with all the characters....I just want to hug them all and fix all their troubles with hugs...tons of hugs, specially Jessica, there is good in her, I just know it :( .

btw do the author for any chance happens to have any kind of analytics from the people who play the game?....Im kinda curious to see the % of people who decided to go with trans Morgan (the only correct option tbh)...

Reactions: WindySakura

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
btw do the author for any chance happens to have any kind of analytics from the people who play the game?....Im kinda curious to see the % of people who decided to go with trans Morgan (the only correct option tbh)...
That would require a poll... which is possible, but I it's not something the dev can do through the game... I don't think.

WindySakura

May 28, 2017
That would require a poll... which is possible, but I it's not something the dev can do through the game... I don't think.
I think you can make the game send data back to the developer, that is kind of iffy though and would turn people away from the game. Specially if it isn't announced by the developer and found by someone else.

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
As the thread owner, he can easily create a poll. There's an issue where, at least some (like myself), thread owners can't delete the poll, but mods can do that for you.

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Sorry that I didn't post any renders this week. Have been busy with finishing the latest My New Family update. After that is out I will fully focus on My New Memories and should be able to post more stuff again :).

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 154 Votes