Leafkiller

Sep 13, 2018
the dev doesn't know how to compress files...nor has ever shown interest into making torrents...
Anyone can make torrent files, its one of the reasons people claim torrents can not be controlled. Here I just made one for the V0.9 ->V1.0 update I don't have a clean V1.0 so I can't torrent that.

matriks

Engaged Member
Oct 4, 2017
I agree with guys who say that game still not finished. I ask when game starts developing about game and author say its gonna be impregnation adn pregnancy so its still not ending

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
I bet its just the fact that anything that has a v1.0 is normally listed as completed it is probably automatically given completed tag on these version numbers.
The devs choose the tags, the devs choose to say it's completed. There's plenty of games that have had a version 1.0 and not been listed as complete games.

Besides, a few of the staff knows programming and version numbers are really just for internal use. They are meant to distinguish between different versions. Not overall progress. Sometimes you'll see them (at least for the final version) being used to indicate some form of progress or release state. Such as Pathfinder: Kingmaker and WoTR but that's just Owlcats assigning the version 1.0.0 just before release.

Reactions: Marlq

Leafkiller

Sep 13, 2018
The devs choose the tags, the devs choose to say it's completed. There's plenty of games that have had a version 1.0 and not been listed as complete games.

Besides, a few of the staff knows programming and version numbers are really just for internal use. They are meant to distinguish between different versions. Not overall progress. Sometimes you'll see them (at least for the final version) being used to indicate some form of progress or release state. Such as Pathfinder: Kingmaker and WoTR but that's just Owlcats assigning the version 1.0.0 just before release.

SMALL UPDATE / PATCH NOTES
POSTED
Sat, June 1, 2019

This list is still under construction! It doesn't list all the features and fixes yet, and it will be editied to ensure better readability and grammar.

Please, be aware of plot spoilers in the description below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!

Areas
  • In the City of Hollow Eyes, Pale Yan didn't always come to your aid during the battle with the dragon. Resolution: fixed.
  • Reworked the way the Siroket fight works in the "Blakemoor Hideout" area. From now on, she shouldn't become invincible for no apparent reason.
  • In the House at the Edge of Time, the Magical Lantern can now be lit or put out from the belt window.

Quests
  • From now on you can return to Troll Lair even if you chose Hargulka or Tartuk as your ally.
  • When completing Tristian's companion quest "Kingdom of the Cleansed", a quest-crucial cut scene didn't run in the "Secret Sanctum" area. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some illustrated events could provide infinite experience points in some cases. Resolution: fixed.
  • After death, Tristian lost his "Protective Aura" ability. Resolution: fixed.
  • During Ekundayo's "Bury the Past" quest, it was impossible to complete the "Kill the giants' leader" objective in certain circumstances. Resolution: fixed. If you've already left the "Bridge over the Gudrin River" area, but the quest is still active, you can return and talk to Ekun to complete it.
  • Upon becoming hostile, Sartayne would still refuse to fight. Resolution: fixed (told him you were saying stuff behind his back).

Kingdom
  • New: mercs (custom characters) can now be assigned advisor roles.
  • New: kingdom events that can lead to the destruction of your kingdom will now also tell you which quest must be completed to save the kingdom. This info will be displayed in the kingdom event card.
  • Erastil's Favor kingdom effect was not properly giving +5 to Lore (Nature) checks. Resolution: fixed.
  • When trying to leave the throne room after talking to the villagers Alov and Erick, the player would get teleported to the villagers instead. Resolution: fixed.

Classes & Mechanics
  • New: a faster running speed option! When out of combat, if you click far away from your characters, they will run significantly faster. You can also disable this in the "Options" menu.
  • The storm debuff no longer stays on characters that enter the global map.
  • Having two identical animal companions in the party could break one of them. Resolution: fixed; from now on, the confused beast hears a soothing voice saying "Don't freak out, dude, he looks nothing like you!".
  • The bear animal companion's description displayed the wrong stats. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Shield Wall feat mentioned in its descriptions a number of certain conditions that did not apply to the game (such as shield bash denying the user AC from shield, which does not happen).
  • Instead of selecting the character with the highest Trickery score to open locked doors and chests, the game used to select the character with the highest rank in Trickery instead of the character with the highest Trickery value overall (it didn't take into account different bonuses and penalties). Resolution: fixed.
  • The Uncanny Dodge rogue talent (also available to the Eldritch Scoundrel archetype) did not allow attacks of opportunity to be performed before the starting initiative delay had passed. Uncanny Dodge should allow a character to perform attacks of opportunity even before they've acted on their turn (and other instances of uncanny dodge did allow doing so). Resolution: fixed.
  • The Charming Smile ability of the Charm domain couldn't be used. Resolution: Fixed (no botox involved - promise!). It should become usable after resting.
  • The Shielded Caster feat only worked for casters that had a shield. Resolution: Fixed.
  • Guardian Armor summoned by Create Undead didn't get a +3 weapon bonus from wielding Necromancer's Staff. Resolution: fixed.
  • Sometimes spells with multiple attacks such as Scorching Ray failed to deal sneak attack damage. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Aldori Defender (fighter archetype) feature Defensive Parry used to give more AC than it was supposed to. It was giving +1 AC for every three levels after the third, instead of +1 AC for every four levels. Resolution: Fixed.
  • Instant Enemy said that it allows Fortitude saving throw. It does not and should not allow any saving throws. Resolution: description fixed.
  • Creatures falling prone in the area of Obsidian Flow did not receive damage. Resolution: Fixed.
  • Resting in a hub took 7 hours instead of 8. Resolution: fixed.
  • It used to be possible to make a dead companion perform tasks during rest. Resolution: fixed. Got a call from the Department of Death legal team; apparently, making dead employees work during rest time is against the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
  • Kineticist substance infusions no longer need to be deactivated and activated again to update their DC after stat changes.

Items
  • New: added Nunchaku and Throwing Axe weapon types.
  • Some of the Heavy Shields available as loot had the incorrect item type assigned to them, rendering them unusable. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some of the masterwork items couldn't be sold using the "mass sale" feature. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Alkaline Mace was incorrectly attributed to Varrask. Resolution: fixed.
  • Two-handed axes could be labelled as one-handed. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Acerbic Ring didn't add dice to Arcane Bomber bombs. Resolution: fixed.
  • Spiced Fish had 0 weight. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Tangled Claws weapon had a chance to cast the Entangle AoE spell instead of entangling one person. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Star Soldier's Gauntlet would cast three rays simultaneously. Resolution: now there is a short delay between them.
  • Scrolls of Protection from Energy, Communal had the same names as normal Scrolls of Protection from Energy. Resolution: Fixed.

User Interfaces
  • New: the character sheet now shows their Spell Resistance.
  • New: while choosing spells during level-up, you'll be able to see the relevant Spell resistance, Spell descriptor and Casting time.
  • Improved the way our UI adapts to wide screens.
  • From now on, it will be possible to use usable items when they are in a belt slot.
  • Marked ability collections (i.e. Weapon Focus) as such. Abilities that have already been taken will also display their prerequisites. Fixed a number of minor ability prerequisite bugs.
  • Feats, class features, and items that modified bonuses and penalties from Fighting Defensively and Combat Expertise (for example, Crane Style, Steel Net and Helmet of Battlefield Clarity) were logged in the combat log attack roll tooltip as separate bonuses. Resolution: now the combat log tooltip shows them as bonuses and penalties from Fighting Defensively/Combat Expertise instead.
  • Energy-related enchantments weren't displayed in the "Qualities" list of a weapon. Resolution: fixed.
  • Fixed familiars sometimes appearing on the map or kingdom interface.
  • Quest notifications could appear blank. Resolution: fixed.
  • Spell-Like Abilities used to always show a spell level of 0. Resolution: fixed.
  • Filling up all the slots in a vendor's trade window and then selling or clearing all of them lead to only the first slot working correctly (all the others would not display the items that have been put there). Resolution: fixed.
  • Fixed incorrect information appearing in the tooltip for the secondary part of a magical double weapon.

Misc
  • The visual effects of AoE spells were not affected by fog of war as they should be. Resolution: fixed.
  • Multiple English text improvements (typos, missing words, etc.).
  • Completing the "Varnhold's Lot" DLC campaign should no longer award achievements for completing the game.
MORE ABOUT THIS GAME

Basically a rework. This is basically a visual novel. And that is a game, how do stories work?

Steve70

Sep 13, 2017
Being 1.0 in this forum never meant that a game is complete, ...
(Remembers all of the games that were complete at version 1.0.)

Uh... That's not quite accurate. In reality, it seems to come down to how the dev's choose to number their versions.
(i.e. It's arbitrary.)

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
v1.0 means its is complete and sense it is story based
V2.0 would be chapter 2(some type of second story). If this was game play based then V2.0 could be a complete rework.

Stellaris is a good example. Version V1.0 was pretty easy and a complete game. V2.0 they completely changed how the AI worked and how much you needed to micro manage everything. While making this comment I was trying to find the version it appears to be on Version 3.0. They seem to be using the same assets but the back ground programing must be completely reworked. Maybe your officers and advisers will be more useful but take more control away from you.
Even in the business world version numbering is hardly consistent; at best v1.0 will be the "launch version" if it were a "standard release game". In the indie community however the numbers mean literally nothing; there have been devs who put v1.0 for what is very obviously a 0.001, etc etc. Better to just look at the number of changelogs.

Unrelated comment: god damn didn't realize the size of this monster got to 2 whole mega download limits while I was letting the content build up; nice & also rough lol

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017

Uh... That's not quite accurate. In reality, it seems to come down to how the dev's choose to number their versions.
(i.e. It's arbitrary.)
I didn't say that there wasn't any game completed at 1.0. You were saying that if it's 1.0 it means that it's completed, I pointed out that being 1.0 doesn't mean anything, like you said it all depends on how the devs decide to number their versions.

Reactions: Cartageno

Leafkiller

Sep 13, 2018

(i.e. It's arbitrary.)
Ahhhh Booo Wooo
Then why do you care about people saying it is complete.

When Star Wars was released it was V 1.0
Then they added New Hope then new graphics then episode 4 etc etc.
What would Star Wars: New Hope v2.0 look like? It would be a complete rewrite OR changing the format so much it wouldn't be considered a movie. Maybe an AI so good it could allow you to play a real character in Star Wars: New Hope and have the world act somewhat realistically(plus good VR). Hmmmmm.....

I like thinking instead of just having a stick up my ass.

Pridar

Apr 10, 2018
So, yeah, no Nopy and Drive and all of that, but come on. These hosts are probably the worst choices out there, specially for such a massive game. Torrents or at least a mildly better website would be much appreciated

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
This needs a torrent. Every one of the links posted download at less than 500 kb, making them take ridiculous amounts of time.
Hadn't tried it for a few updates and wanted to see the changes. But not anymore.

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
Basically a rework. This is basically a visual novel. And that is a game, how do stories work?
You literally missed the point.

Yes, some gaming studios do use 1.0, 2.0 etc (which I did mention) to signify different stages of development to the public.

The only purpose of that is to give users a readable format.

But the entire discussion is irrelevant considering the fact that there are numerous games on this site that have had a 1.0 and are marked as complete. While others are not marked as complete. Some even start as 1.0. Games that get a "season 2" or whatever are not marked as complete.

Version numbers are irrelevant.

When Star Wars was released it was V 1.0
I can't say I'm familiar with cinema and the way Hollywood does things, but I seriously doubt they put version numbers on movies. Would be funny though.
Then they added New Hope then new graphics then episode 4 etc etc.
I'm not even sure what your argument here is because it's so incoherent. Are you arguing that they would update your imaginary version number when they simply changed the title? When they "added graphics" etc? Your argument makes no sense.
What would Star Wars: New Hope v2.0 look like? It would be a complete rewrite OR changing the format so much it wouldn't be considered a movie. Maybe an AI so good it could allow you to play a real character in Star Wars: New Hope and have the world act somewhat realistically(plus good VR).
What you're describing, apart from the rework, of course, is simply bringing something to a new medium. Superman, Spiderman, etc did not get new "version" numbers simply because they were brought from the world of comics to the silver screen or videogames or whatever.

That said, the complete tag has been removed which is good considering there's so much content that's "missing".

Ex78

Aug 22, 2019
Can someone please make a cheat mod for this I like playing the level up scenes and i forget to save on the path choice for May and Michelle going though a second time is a grind and save editing to get them to the next aff level is almost as time consuming and that is not counting if you mess up and put someone to a higher aff level then they should be at

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Can someone please make a cheat mod for this I like playing the level up scenes and i forget to save on the path choice for May and Michelle going though a second time is a grind and save editing to get them to the next aff level is almost as time consuming and that is not counting if you mess up and put someone to a higher aff level then they should be at
the game is just not worth it

3.70 star(s) 69 Votes