• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py - My Real Desire [Ch.3 Ep.4 P2] [Lyk4n]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Ruxalla

I have been playing this game since it was first launched via the prelude, and I have to say it is really a good game with a in-depth and rich story. The characters and animations are very good as well, Thank you for making a game that is soon to be great and fantastic keep up the great work.. <3
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Blizzard99

(Version Reviewed: Ch. 3 Ep 1 Full)

I'm not sure how I should rate this game.

On one hand, I think the characters are very shallow and if any characters are being explored, it's usually very cliché. It also annoys me that MC is the knight in shining armor for all of the girls and that's the reason why they love him. The MC's personality is as interesting as a cardboard box, so I don't know why all the harem girls love him. He does have a large dick tho. That must help.

On the positive side, I think the story is engaging despite it's failures in making interesting characters. MC is sent by his boss to infiltrate a company and reveal some secret. Fun premise. A little bit of intrigue and twists and turns to keep our attention on the main plot. It's certainly entertaining enough to make me play it whenever the game releases.

Music isn't bad. The renders aren't great, but the girls have attractive faces. The animations are average-ish.

Overall 6.5/10. Not a bad game, but it isn't a great one either.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

NotSoTasty

My Real Desire [Ch.3 Ep.1 Part2] [Lyk4n]
    Pretty good VN with stable 4 out 5. Tho, I have few gripes with it and I'll see finished product to make final judgment, but for now it is very good VN. Check it out and don't forget to support dev if you really like it.

Story - 3/5. Decent "anime" story, I had no wish to skip or drop it all together, it was pretty engaging. Even though it says 'ch. 3' for most other games on this site it would be 9 or 12 chapter, it's big.

Choices - 3/5. Binary in their nature, like 'yes or no' but good in a way that you can 'gfy' to any important girl in the story, except for the plot one. Only once tho, plot and all that stuff.

Gameplay - 2/5. Semi-kinetic VN with rare point-and-click elements to collect girl pics.

Characters - 2,5/5. Cliche anime palette: admirer girl, rude girl, nice mature girl, wash up idol, shy girl, "young miss" girl, office hoe, "kinky bookworm", gamer girl, "arrogant" boss lady and last one is f Cthulhu, I don't trust her. Every time she's on the screen I expect screamer.

Models/animations - 3,8/5. It's HS. 5~7 were pretty 'meh', but it got better. They're good/decent.

Grammar - 3/5. I've seen quite few misspells and just simple mistakes, but it's all gonna be fine with proofreading.

Degeneracy - pure nun. I can only remember one and only anal scene (with a hoe, ofc) and one 3-some closer to the end. This harem game is super vanilla. No ntr or even incest. (for now, hue-hue~ mom is pretty hot)
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 5442684

Review as of Ch.3 Ep.1 Part1.

The game starts out like so many other adult visual novels with the player character moving into a house with beautiful girls. The PC is stoic, and it's actually quite fun seeing a PC that isn't your typical horndog, and the girls having to work to open him up. The girls are all good looking as well.

Despite complaints from other people, which is a matter of taste, the absolute biggest issue this game has is: language.

With proper English (get yourself a proofreader/translator!) it could probably be above average. As it stands however, it'll always fall flat with the English being as bad as it is. In fact, I think it actually got worse with the last two releases.

The sex scenes also get repetitive after a while, but if the language was actually sexy and/or interesting instead of broken English, they could still be worth watching, but they're not really as it stands.

You can take a story pretty much anywhere you want, as long as the writing is good, and interesting, however, that's not the case for this game, and the sex scenes aren't good enough to skip through the story for either.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for Ch.3 Ep.1 Part 1

After nearly 3 years of development, imagine a developer saying "hey see this harem love interest character? The whole time you were getting to know her, she was being blackmailed and used as a sex toy by someone else."

What the fuck?

Ignoring that pile of shit, I have a laundry list of issues with this game and I am actually pissed about it. Why? Because at its core, there is something I really enjoy about My Real Desire and it is such a shame that it's buried under garbage.

This game feels like it's trying to mesh two separate themes and is not doing it well, causing the side I actually like to suffer. Due to a traumatic past, the MC is rather reserved and quiet. I actually loved the idea of the girls he meets slowly warming him back up and bringing out his emotions. 90% of this game is actually just slice of life that's more or less doing that.

But then you got this weird 10% that only ever shows up to say "hey don't forget about me! This game is actually dark and you're working for a scary criminal ooooooo!" To then go back to the increasingly repetitive and predictable slice of life gameplay. Not only that, but a lot of the important backstory and emotional moments are told so ham-fistedly that it just kind of ruins them.

The game started good. There were a few genuine moments, when the MC is just enjoying time with the love interests, where I truly smiled and was actively enjoying it. As the game went however, it got increasingly stale. Hardly anything new was being done. The game just sucks at handling all the love interests. It's like the dev just throws in scenes because they don't know what to do with half of the characters. It's very unfortunate because the love interests are cute, but we barely know anything about any of them besides the weird rushed moments that are suppose to build character. And don't forget, every character must have some kind of tragedy happen to them as you play.

I can't help but feel it's because of this whole criminal aspect. So many things get skipped that feel like they shouldn't. I want to see us having dates with the love interests man. Why are you black-screening 80% of it? Why not show me the cute breakfasts with our roommates each morning? I don't get it. Even the sex scenes all sort of mesh together in the end. Hardly any of them feel unique from the next one.

One other thing I have to point out. One of the love interests gets beat up and hospitalized. The very next day, in that hospital, is her first sex scene like her body just isn't covered in bruises after a very traumatic event. The writing is actually awful.

If I had to sum up this game in a few words they would be: "half-assed." Almost every single aspect started to feel sub-par by the end of content and I honestly couldn't tell you why I kept pushing through it. If the developer is putting passion into this, I do not feel it. This game lacks a soul.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Thatone

This game didn't last long for me, i think i played two episodes before calling it quits.
    Very, VERY immature writing done by someone who i think has a very immature way of seeing the world (i genuinely wouldn't be surprised if someone told me that the developer is 15).

A few examples:

1. An embarassing obsession with virginity (the idea of girls having previous partners is scary, you see).
    We are talking about successful, attractive and charismatic women in their twenties for fucks' sake.

2. The MC is sexually assaulted, unequivocally raped while unconscious, but the story never makes a big deal out of it. The people around him know, by the way. HE KNOWS. But it doesn't matter, what's important is that we focus on the fact that the girl is sad because her drunkenness made her lose her virginity to the wrong person.
    (to be fair, though, the girl later apologises for yelling at him and accusing him of taking advantage of her. Not for assaulting him, of course, men can't be raped or something).

3. Straight up homophobia (which is when i kissed the game goodbye).
    During a beach segment the MC and a recently introduced girl share a quick moment alone. The exchange goes something like this:
    GIRL: "Are you interested in girls?"
    MC: "No."
    GIRL: "Are you interested in men, then?"
    MC: "No."
    GIRL: "Haha, i already knew that! I could tell that you are a real man".
    No reaction whatsoever from the protagonist and the game continues as if that was supposed to be normal.

As i said, immature.
    (2 stars instead of 1 only because the emotionless protagonist was refreshing).
  7. 2.00 star(s)

jhustrue

Fantastic visuals, but after a playing a complete fresh start I have to say that this game is extremely repetitive, even down to the sex scenes.

It's basically the same day on repeat with different characters in a rotation. MC goes to work, has lunch with someone, has dinner with someone else after some minor cliche conflict and possibly sex, rinse and repeat.

Not including the foreplay, every sex scene is 2 positions with 3 speeds each. That's not a big deal, but it wouldn't hurt to offer some variation to spice it up.

The game is so predictable that I'm just no longer interested. There's an interesting plot buried here, but it's waylaid by the monotonous repeating events that are not even slightly interesting.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

CereBros

No way I can leave this game without a review...

But before anything else, I must say, this is one of the best VN´s I have ever played and enjoyed so much.

The MC is a bit mysterious, but very skilled, and I thoroughly adore his character development, at least, if you choose to play him that way, as I do, meaning being nice to others and bond with them. But, I was a bit skeptical, to be honest (would not want to lie, right ? :)), before playing, as he seemed a little too much stoic for me and I did not read that he was meant to be like that, at least, until he changes to be more open towards the others, so I am pleasantly surprised it goes this way with him (For info, I have just started episode 4 of 1. chapter.).

The girls are very beautiful and each has her own character, attitude and personality, which I find refreshing. Though I am complete mesmerized by Krystal (her will to overcome her past), "Cold Angel" Eira, she is just the type of girl I wish to know someday and the Unlimited world online scenery with Sally, when we first try the helmet (And even before).

*Spoiler* The plot in the background, as I stated, is quite mysterious to me, as I am waiting how will it go on and what will happen, though I hope for MC to break free from their grasp and fight them, or at least, break out from their influence.

But I understand the story behind it and decisions that led to it, and maybe in the chapter 2 it will come to that, what do I know ? (Update after seeing the library dream jail sequence...: MC never knew anything else in his life, but obeying the Victor´s orders as agent, so I think it goes pretty well, meaning the MC´s stoicism with the purpose I allegedly believe is therefore part of the story, but this is just my interpretation. And after reading this sentence after myself I´ll think I will try to make it simpler. As we can see, MC never had normal life, he always knew only obeying orders, and that goes well with explaining why is he so stoic/emotionless = he did not ever need emotions, the were only an obstacle. So, if I understand the author´s intention correctly, this is my interpretation of it. God, I hate myself for writing this uninteligible sentence, please forgive me. :D :D :D I only know that I am very excited for it and love it only for the characters and plot, not the h-scenes, I just take them as bonus really. And for that, I am very grateful for you Lyk4n.

Good luck with this game and hope that at least this rating helps a bit, if only via public awareness. Thanks a lot.

I have just finished current version and I´ll just say this... Thank you a lot once more for making this game. I love the humor in it, the wit, the girls, especially Eira. I also loved the scene with Felix at police station and his cunning¨and the MC´s scene with the politician and his ice-coldness yet utter calm and professionality. What am I saying... The whole story and writing is great for me, yes, I, here and there catch a few mistakes, and some phrases are rather repetitive, but it does not lessens my impression at all and overally, I adore your work. Keep working, I do not know, if you will ever read this, but still, I felt like it is the least I can do for you.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

SteelyDan14

Overall, I think it's pretty good. I am guess English is not the Dev's native, language as the dialogue is pretty basic and kinda clumsy.

By the way, you will notice, by the way, that every other sentence, by the way, starts with by the way. It is, by the way, a tad annoying.

I do like the MC. He is a bit of a Gary Stu but I like that he seemingly has no feelings and can play a dude that truly does not have any fucks to give.

By the way, my only problem real problem is there are too many LIs. This is a common problem in these kinds of games, but it is too hard to keep track of all of them. By the way, it is not really intuitive to know what you are doing. Chapters would end my MC missed points with the one LI he was focusing on and I could not figure out how or what was missed.

By the way, this game is really just 3 stars, but the dev has put a lot of work into it, and I appreciate the variety of characters. A lot of work has gone into the development and, by the way, they deserve an extra star just for that.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

Mactor

My Real Desire is a game about a rift in space time that makes the MC seem 10x cooler to people around him than he actually is. Look, I can apreciate that game development is a largely inscrutable process and that first mean spirited joke aside, I'd like to give it a proper examination, to see how it epitomises many of the most common problems on this site.

Let's start with one of the harder problems to explain. This game has all the shape of the story it's trying to tell with none of the substance. What I mean by that is that it goes through all the relevant plot points you'd expect the story to lead to without ever putting any intentionallity behind it.

There doesn't seem to be a reason for people liking the MC, they just do, because that's what needs to happen for the story. Similarly, and even more egregiously, the opposite is also true, and the MC seems to like and trust and indulge other people because..., that's what needs to happen for the story.

The writing tries to make up for this by explaining that the MC is confused of his emotions, and bubbling in people's thoughts where they explain why they like us so much, but what that ends up acomplishing is bringing attention to the problem. Why am I being told the protagonist is so cool instead of it being self evident? And, it looks like it is at least trying to make it self evident, but it fails drastically because of our next problem: Editing

When I say this game epitomises some problems in this site, this is exactly what I mean. Most games here are horribly edited together and this is no exception. The MC's most self evidently cool thing here is his physical prowess. He's fast, he's strong, he has good reflexes and the game shows that to us by having the MC do physically impressive things. Physically impressive things that don't work very well visually when they're just 4 jumpcuts between images that have no sense of motion to them.

And although those physical scenarios are the most outstanding, that's just the way most scenes are edited together. Motion is largely unexistant. The editing has no respect for the relation between distance and time. The game doesn't seem to have a respect for time at all in fact. Events that should take 1 second are narrated, real time by multiple full lines of dialogue. The MC spiking a volleyball was hilariously bad.

There is one thing that could save this game and it is the writing. Not the dialogue, the dialogue is very bad but the writing, like I said before, is clearly trying to imitate the shape of a well written story. It tries to set the love interests as foils to the protagonist, but it tries harder to do that than to let them be characters in their own merit. It tries to set up an overarching narrative but it doesn't know when to hit the plot beats properly. It tries to develop relationships organically but it has no sense of pacing.

The end result is that the game feels empty. There's no depth to the world and there's no depth to the characters. Everything is mechanical. And that's a shame, because again, it's clearly trying.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Erogenerator

Such a great game

-Good Girls
    - Enjoyable story
    - Good HS Animations
    - Great Amount of content (several hours and days of playtime)
    - Zeke such a good friend (Mika wins the lottery hahaha)

PD: Sandra had my favorite design and she is not romanceable ☹ (Peter, such a lucky bastard hahaha)
  12. 3.00 star(s)

htc89234

Great design for the girls, decent soundtrack, an interesting backstory, decent renders, decent sex scenes, and all of that for what?

To be brought down to a 3/5 by the most unamusing dialogue I've had the displeasure of reading in this site. It's even more upsetting than finding a MTL or finding something that just genuinely has broken english, because in this, the quality of the english language itself isn't low - the grammar is correct (perhaps a bit too much at times even), with only minor typos here and there, but it has some of the most insipid, tone-deaf, boring dialogue I have ever read. Ever. Fuck it, I'm fairly sure the dev learnt how to use ellipsis and no one ever taught him when not to use them.

It genuinely takes all the emotion away from the scene. The MC is a heartless dude who always looks like a zombie - and you know what? That's fine. I don't mind that. The backstory explains why and the guy is clearly meant to be that type of guy that is aloof and cold and the girls just like him because why not - stupid, sure, but I can take it.

Does he have....
    to talk like this...
    though...?
    All the time? Does the dialogue have to be so descriptive, all the time? The MC will actually have an internal monologue while his friend gets the ass-whooping of his life, punched to the face repeatedly, right in front of the MC's face and we have to read like three lines of dialogue of the MC thinking "This is not good..."

YES! YES, WE CAN SEE IT! Add some urgency to your dialogue! Add dialogue cuts! Use something else than ellipsis and full stops, please! It's fine for the MC to be lifeless for his presentation and due to his backstory but by God! That doesn't extend to every single other character, but somehow this game does just that anyway.

Even placing the tone aside, the content of the dialogue borders on being a bit too cringy at times. There are girls that have a good, decent story - shout out to the blonde chick Faye, the princess Mila, and the pink-haired Krystal - but other than that, this game feels like a genuine slog.

It has so much potential that is wasted by subpar writing. It's one of the most infuriating things for me because I love the characters too, I like the setting, heck I even like the backstory of most of them, but I cannot by the life of me stand the dialogue. Even liking this borders on being a guilty pleasure because I cannot objectively say this is good.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

ALLIWANTTOSAY

The plot, the fingure and the animation all are so good. I enjoy playing the game so far. Hwever, one thing really has to pointed out.
    The diagloue in so so so boring. Please stop using SVO pattern all the time. It just do not like the chat in the real life. I am not a native English speaker, but the english in the game is just awful. Stop caing about the grammer. It is not writing exam.
    For example, when people asking you to do something. You won't say" I will bla bla bla" It just like in the exam. I agree with you all the time. Please Please do some adjection on the tone and the word. Don't waste the interesting plot and the beautiful girls
  14. 3.00 star(s)

NeoEros

I honestly find it confusing that this game receives such high rating, because it is in no way a game that is worth 3/5 above.
    My main issues are of course the story, the dialogue and the character arcs. The premise of the story is at least interesting to follow: MC is an orphan who was adopted by a shady criminal boss who trains and utilizes young kids like MC in order to make them do dirty works for him, and your task in this game is to infiltrate and steal the blueprint/design of a game gear; and during this you encounter tons of stunning beauties in your life. But the way the story is unfolded is quite disappointing: every day in the story we only get two main subscenes: MC unintentionally hitting on girls and the office work and colleague "interaction", and only occasionally can you get some updates about your current objective.
    The dialogue is perhaps the most diappointing aspect in the game: the daily interaction between characters are dull and repetitive, and even though I'm not a native speaker I could still see the writing is pretty mediocre (I wonder if the developer is Chinese or at least Asian because there're so many Chinese elements that are quite stereotypical and "out of place"). I even have to skip a few dialogue scene to prevent myself from falling into absolute boredom.
    Last but not least, the characters. MGs are fine to say the least, their arcs are somewhat concrete, even though the character model (let alone the overall design of the game) is really outdated. But it is MC that makes me feel "off" constantly when playing this game. First, I dislike asocial MC that does not know how to properly reciprocate others' feelings, which makes me wonder why every single one of MGs will fall for her in the first place. Second, MC's asocial arc actually makes the story less believable because there's no way people will not be suspicious with a man whose face looks like you've killed his parents, and to think that a criminal boss will not train social skills to his spies are unimaginable. And third: OMG WHY DOES HIS EYES LOOK SO LIFELESS LIKE A FUCKING ZOMBIE? SERIOUSLY WILL ANY GIRLS FALL IN LOVE WITH THAT???
    Overall, it's quite a "meh" game from my perspective, but if you don't have any other games to play you can try.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

onepice31

For me, this was the first game I supported him in patreon. The context of this game is easy to understand. There are also very melodious songs. For me it's a very good gaming experience. I will look forward to the next update.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Hatty

Best guerilla marketing Netflix ever put out. The amount of Netflix these characters watch and recommend made me forego ending my subscription, and it even caused me to up my subscription tier.

Netflix aside, I really like this game--though it does take some time to warm up. The style and story really come together by the 3rd episode. If you like the other AVNs that use a lot of anime tropes as well as the honey select models, you'll like this game.
  17. 2.00 star(s)

Noid42

Version: [Chapter 2, Episode 3]
    'My real desire' is a game about an orphan that just graduated from university and moves to a new town to work as a game dev.
    BUT - there's a twist, every single person in this town was replaced by an android that does a very very VERY bad job acting as humans.
    Well that's actually not true, but that would explain so much.

The story is unreasonable to the point it is uninteresting,
    ***SPOILERS***
    When the MC was young and out on the streets he was 'adopted' by a weird anime villain that made a fortune by training young kids to preform different criminal activities for him, MC's job is to get a job at a game development company, in which 18 years old senior developers are creating a world changing VR game and headset, and to steal their 'blueprints' and data.
    Lucky him, the MC finds they have no security, and people keep leaving the mutli-billion dollar product on their desk during lunch break.
    ***SPOILERS END***

As the MC keep blowing everyone socks off professionally, from team lead to the CEO (president?), without actually doing anything that justifies it, he makes every girl in town want to fuck his brains out even though he can't form a cohesive sentence and is an obvious case of undiagnosed Asperger's.

The dialogues are awful and no one seems to be able to form cohesive sentences, I'm not a native English speaker and my English is far from perfect, the way characters talk in this game is so unnatural and unrealistic its absolutely jarring and immersion breaking, it's not a small mistake here or there, it's the same every time a characters speaks.

The game also suffers from issues that can only come from laziness, characters will smile about 20% of the time, the rest of the time the dialogue will contain *smile* while said characters stares into the abyss with soulless eyes and dead expression, a character that lives in a two story house calls the MC from a top floor in a skyscraper, etc.
    If you can't be bothered to render a smiling character or pick a reasonable premade scene... what's even the point?

And that's about it honestly, the game looks outdated, the writing is bad, it seems like there's a lot of content, but most of it is reused, and there's plenty of meaningless pointless conversations and interactions.
    The animations are fine, high FPS but suffers from characters models moving in weird ways.

I'm honestly shocked this game is rated so high, I was expecting much more and was left with a reminder that decent looking models are enough to earn a game at least a 4/5 score around here.
    Sorry for the harsh review.
  18. 2.00 star(s)

lhucio

I really don't understand how this game gets such good ratings, the story is atrocious, the character behaves as if he has severe mental problems, I don't think anyone in the world would react the way he does. The sex scenes are pretty mediocre....

The relationships between characters seem like those of teenagers who have never had a relationship in their lives. Dialogues about nonsense happen very often, an example: How about the hamburger? very good thank you very much. and yours? very good too, thank you, you want to try? no thank you, and yours mine? no, I'm full.
    Wow...now that's narrative depth. I would love to read more about this

I have played hundreds of F95 games and very few have left this bad taste in my mouth, I expected a great game and I found a kick in the balls.

My real desire is to never again encounter such a disappointment.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Smol Latin Weeb

Oh boy I really like this one.

Gameplay:
    The game plays like a visual novel with many choices regarding the relationships you want to build with the characters. It does a pretty good job in this regard, and the amount of desicions doesn't feel too much or too little. They aren't too complex for the majority since you can clearly imagine what comes next after every choice.

At certain points in the game you enter a free roam which, at least in my opinion, could use some more depth. Perhaps spreading out clues about the characters personalities rather than making MC go straight to them and asking might be the way to go.

Sex scenes:
    I really liked this part of the game. However, maybe adding more angles to certain poses could improve the scenes. Also, settle on a single model for MC's dick. It feels strange to see it morph into a different shape every time he uses it.

Characters:
    While many of them don't fall into an archetype so much (which I enjoy seeing since it makes the game feel different), some of them are characters I've seen too many times at this point. Elaine is one example. While her presence kinds of balances out the rest of the female cast "purity", I would really enjoy more personality to her. Since at least from my point of view. She seems like the average player chick who gets everything and everyone she wants, but besides that there is not much more goint for her. Hopefully the dev can expand on her personality in the future.

MC & Story:

I feel like either you love it or you hate it. From what I'vee seen so far the story is focused on the side characters saving the MC from the fortress he has made around his heart. His unfeeling attitude seems to stem for a subconscious need to protect himself rather than him not wanting to interact. Making connections comes with the risk of getting hurt, and I truly want to see him be free of that fear. Hopefully the dev is able to keep building on that.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

jorpy

Very cute characters. Some I want to save. Some I want to fix. Some I just want to be with. If any of them were the sole main LI, I would be thrilled with that game. Alas, harem tag, so even if it makes me feel guilty and like some of the characters deserve better, gotta catch em all.