Mod Ren'Py My Real Desire [Ch.4 Ep.1 Part1] Multi-Mod [ShaddyModda]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Okay so, I found like 5-10 instances of people asking for a way to not unlock the gallery at start and two or so instances of the modder saying they will look for a way to add a gallery unlock button instead. In FOUR years and seemingly not a single mention of "gallery" includes instructions on what files to remove to not unlock the gallery and in around those four years, the modder have not pushed through with an unlock option instead. I am beyond disappointed with the lack of support for this topic! Having gallery be unlocked by default breaks immersion and makes it feel pointless to collect the extra images.

ShaddyOptions rpy seems to be the offender. Removing that files makes the game unplayable after naming the character. Fantastic... So the dev decided to include the gallery unlocker with other necessary files. Un... fucking... believable...

I'm so conflicted. I would have loved to use the gallery to see how many entries I am yet to unlock and if I'm missing any scenes but that's impossible to do with this mod.
So instead of politely reminding me that this feature had been requested you decide to moan and groan. Quite frankly the game updates are far enough apart that I'd forgotten and nobody reminded me when requesting the mod be updated when a game update dropped. Contrary to belief modders are human and forget shit. And now I must thank you, because I'd been considering dropping this mod all together, and you just added another notch to that column. I'm going to update the mod, and add the unlock option since it was brought to my attention that it had been requested, but at this point I can't say if I'll continue with this mod come next update. You're welcome.

VoidExile

Oct 1, 2018
So instead of politely reminding me that this feature had been requested you decide to moan and groan. Quite frankly the game updates are far enough apart that I'd forgotten and nobody reminded me when requesting the mod be updated when a game update dropped. Contrary to belief modders are human and forget shit. And now I must thank you, because I'd been considering dropping this mod all together, and you just added another notch to that column. I'm going to update the mod, and add the unlock option since it was brought to my attention that it had been requested, but at this point I can't say if I'll continue with this mod come next update. You're welcome.
Sorry... I'm just sensitive. Don't let me be the reason why the mod stops being updated, you have done a good job with it you know?
It's not the first time I've seen the the gallery unlocked integrated directly into the same file as the more exciting stuff. I just think it's a bad practice to have conflicting features within one mod. Most modders tend to have the gallery unlocker separate. I just made a bad judgement (like always at this point...)

shiqz

Dec 25, 2020
Sorry... I'm just sensitive. Don't let me be the reason why the mod stops being updated, you have done a good job with it you know?
It's not the first time I've seen the the gallery unlocked integrated directly into the same file as the more exciting stuff. I just think it's a bad practice to have conflicting features within one mod. Most modders tend to have the gallery unlocker separate. I just made a bad judgement (like always at this point...)
That sounds like you act before you think.. Try it the other way around and you're probably less salty and tilted about such minor things.

shiqz

Dec 25, 2020
ShaddyGames And anyhow you decide if you continue the Mod(s) or not we very much appreciate the time and efford you put into them as well as into your Game. I very much look forward to the next Update of it. :giggle:

Reactions: ShaddyGames

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi all, my compressed unofficial Android port of My Real Desire Ch4 Ep1 Part1 with ShaddyModda WT and gallery mod.
Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox, resizable game and dialogue text.
Scrollable choices (when multiple and large)
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!

Updated my Android port to Ch4 Ep1 P1

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote