My very first character of my game!

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
Hello folks,

After months and months looking up who is suited in drawing my characters... After speaking to almost 100 people... (Almost...), I finally found my designer (I think).

I just spoke with him a few hours ago... he answers very quickly and he is really kind (never saw that) he proposed me to make a sketch for free and that I can give him 50% after the sketch and 50% after the coloring ( I didn't even ask for that)...
He already sent me the sketch ( I just told him I was looking for a serious designer for my game), I think more serious than that... you die lol!

So, happily! I present you, the first sketch of the first character of the game! Fiona :

char 1 sketch sheet.png

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
What! No no no, you can't be serious!

for the naked version, you will need to play my game and corrupt the lady so you can go running naked around the town, the castle etc... :D
sounds fair enough

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I mean the quality's great and all, but the character designs kind of generic.

Reactions: Spirox

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
She's cute I guess, but I just don't look at her in a sexual way because of how underage she looks.

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
She's cute I guess, but I just don't look at her in a sexual way because of how underage she looks.
Hum... She may need bigger tits/ass? Indeed she look underage, and she is 18 years old in this picture (18 because it's the legal age for nudity etc..., and this sprites will play a role in the story of my game, talking about the past of my MC ^^)

Deleted member 1023239

Nov 19, 2018
Hum... She may need bigger tits/ass? Indeed she look underage, and she is 18 years old in this picture (18 because it's the legal age for nudity etc..., and this sprites will play a role in the story of my game, talking about the past of my MC ^^)
i think is not, when you tell the story that she is 18 years old i think its not a problem and i don't think some people will satisfy with big boobs/ass some prefer small boobs/ass depend on their fetish or you can adopt good girl gone bad idea for changing main character appereance with boobjob thing during gameplay or like insexity you can change character appereance right before you start your game

also you need to see this thread

the looks of those character is far more underage than your character i think judging from the scetch she is 18 years old above

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
I mean the quality's great and all, but the character designs kind of generic.
Can you explain me what you mean by generic please? If I am not mistaken, you mean she looks like all the japanese art available nowadays, am I correct?

But in my opinion the art is not everything in a game, there is the story and the music too... (Also the pixel art for the tiles and the characters) without talking about the gameplay...
For example look at Milky quest... generic art but very good immersing story, same for Yuna quest.

i think is not, when you tell the story that she is 18 years old i think its not a problem and i don't think some people will satisfy with big boobs/ass some prefer small boobs/ass depend on their fetish or you can adopt good girl gone bad idea for changing main character appereance with boobjob thing during gameplay or like insexity you can change character appereance right before you start your game

also you need to see this thread

the looks of those character is far more underage than your character i think judging from the scetch she is 18 years old above
I agree!

Epadder

Programmer
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2016
Please don't insult your own artist... that's pretty damn rude :cautious:.

Character design shouldn't be in reference to the style, it's more the sum of the details that create the impression of the character when you first view it. I mean this is just one character in a cast, it's okay for one of them to be fairly plain... if her intended personality is very soft/gentle/timid.

If she is supposed to be more out spoken confident then her outfit should reflect that.

As for the general feeling that she is too young, without even changing her bust size you can give her a more adult figure if you ask your artist to give her a head/head and a half more height in her proportions. I don't have the ability to draw to this quality, but I have spent quite a bit of time studying how to draw... so here is my edit to try and illustrate the point visually.

headsup.jpg

I did try and stretch the hips to go for a more emphasized hourglass figure... With an anime style though it might still be better to at least give her an extra cup size on her breasts though to clearly demonstrate she is legal... :whistle:

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Can you explain me what you mean by generic please? If I am not mistaken, you mean she looks like all the japanese art available nowadays, am I correct?
Uh I guess you could it does but that's not where I was going with it. The style is fine, and the art is high quality, its the character. I'm pretty sure I've seen this same character in at least 20+ adult doujinshi. The petite, long blond hair, and blue eyes is pretty "generic." Its not a bad thing, but there's nothing about this character that catches my attention.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Epadder

Programmer
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2016
Well even in the real world sometimes you got girls with really small tits, especially at 18 years old.
I'm not saying they don't, but they are real people with verifiable ages where a drawn/rendered character doesn't have that luxury... you can put a stamp next to a girl who looks too young saying she's thousands of years old... most people aren't going to give you the benefit of the doubt. :whistle:

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
She's fine, and of fairly standard anime dimensions in terms of head height, since she is around 6.5-7 heads tall, which is also not at all far off from actual dimensions for a real mid-to-late teens girl. Though in reality, most girls have shorter legs relative to their overall height, with more of their height coming from the torso, but who wants reality here? I'll take stylized, ideal proportions any day of the week, heh.

She does have pretty common/cliche elements to her look, but who really cares? If someone was really not going to play over something so trivial, then it's their loss. She may not be totally original, but she is well drawn and as long as you put some effort into giving her an appealing personality and interesting scenes in the story, it will certainly help make her stand out among all the other similar looking characters out there.

Furyous D

Aug 11, 2017
I'm not saying they don't, but they are real people with verifiable ages where a drawn/rendered character doesn't have that luxury... you can put a stamp next to a girl who looks too young saying she's thousands of years old... most people aren't going to give you the benefit of the doubt. :whistle:
i mean the 1000 year old loli character is a thing though and really the age of the character is up to the one who created them, doesn't matter how they look as long as their personality is fitting of someone who is of legal age, plus there are ppl in the real world that are short with small breasts that are of legal age so as i said really it's up to the characters creator what age and look the character has (yes i know looks mean allot to some but those are the types of people that u shouldn't care about when designing characters imo)