emmasteadman

Aug 6, 2017
It's quite fun to play this 'game', I do however wish that there was real choices and branching stories though, because right now all you do is level up the girls and decide wether to start or stop scene, change camera angle or select outfit. There's no real meaningful choices to make, just the illusion of it.

Mythic Manor isn't alone in that ofc, it'd just make it so much better if there was though.

Last edited:

Whirblewind

Dec 21, 2018
It's quite fun to play this 'game', I do however wish that there was real choices and branching stories though, because right now all you do is level up the girls and decide wether to start or stop scene, change camera angle or select outfit. There's no real meaningful choices to make, just the illusion of it.

Mythic Manor isn't alone in that ofc, it'd just make it so much better if there was though.
I think there's a place for a less dramatic, more sand-boxy HS VN. I don't think it necessarily needs to have immense individual stories for each of the girls and can keep it light. The problem is, I think it feels like things are missing because MM's content cadence has been slowing. Updates further apart with less content makes things feel worse than they actually are. If MM was a strictly linear affair narratively but featured some branches, and put out as little content as they currently do, people would still be left wanting. I like the game, the renders are nice and the girls are upbeat, but if I were a patron, I'd be disappointed with MM's 2019.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018

There needs to be some development of MC's story, we still dont know what kind of half-mystic he is or really anything about him. Its one of the problems with the "level up" system, we make very little (if any) story progress in each update. This update, we had a bunch of Jade (which was good) but the Fanora/Nefari stuff was generally pointless. The new side-girls may or may not be important, but too many side-girls will slow down development. Cant spread out development time too much.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
The best HS-based game to date.
For me, it is between this and Harem Hotel, they both fill certain niches for me.
There needs to be some development of MC's story, we still dont know what kind of half-mystic he is or really anything about him.
Which I find a little odd, since we know it's from his mother's side, since she and Esther were best of friends, and Esther has to know what kind of Mythic his mom is. The type seems to run in the family too, it's not just some random thing, since all of Nef's family are sphinxes.

One of the only things that makes sense to me at the moment, is that his father was also mythic (or part), and that is what is muddying the waters. He is a mix of 2 kinds or something... Considering how much Esther and his mom liked to party, we might not even know who, or what, his father was/is.

spatc

Jul 8, 2018
I am disappointed.

Let me start by saying that Mythic Manor was never a game I really followed. It is well done, well written and well presented, absolutely. But largely it's just vanilla sex. No one girl is really that much different from the other. But Jade was different. I don't have any experience with pet play, and so she was something different. Something you don't get from many other games. So when I found out the 11 update was Jade-centric, I was excited for something new and different. And I was frustrated, because a game I didn't really follow (I never even bothered with 1.10 until I found 1.11 would be Jade heavy) had an extended delay! Normally, I wouldn't care, but I was intrigued by the whole Jade pet play thing. Sucked to wait.

Well, now I have played the update. And the entire Jade story line was dedicated to taking something new and unusual, and making it boring and vanilla. This update was a huge let down. None of the park lines with Jade were expanded. You literally have three options for Jade, in the park, any single one of which would be better than what we got, and they are all still grey and "not yet implemented".

On the bright side, I don't have to keep up with this game anymore. Yes, I will still play it. But instead of sponsoring and waiting for each update, I can go back to "Oh, Mythic manor has an update. Haven't played it in six months. Let's see what's new."

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Which I find a little odd, since we know it's from his mother's side, since she and Esther were best of friends, and Esther has to know what kind of Mythic his mom is. The type seems to run in the family too, it's not just some random thing, since all of Nef's family are sphinxes.

One of the only things that makes sense to me at the moment, is that his father was also mythic (or part), and that is what is muddying the waters. He is a mix of 2 kinds or something... Considering how much Esther and his mom liked to party, we might not even know who, or what, his father was/is.
I have assumed we will find that out from Esther and or Nefari's story, since like you said Esther knows MC's mom and Nefari is doing all those tests. It might take us a while to get there though, due to what else I posted before you replied to this.

Another thing with the stories and level up style. I feel like the girls personal stories are close to being done, or at least Fanora and Naria. We already met their parents and basically agreed to get married to them. Its another drawback of the "level up" system, they are all pretty high level (27 or 28) but at least a good portion of those didn't advance their stories and their stories are in very different levels of development despite being the same level.

Jade, despite being the new "main" girl and the lowest level, has probably had the most story development.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I have assumed we will find that out from Esther and or Nefari's story, since like you said Esther knows MC's mom and Nefari is doing all those tests. It might take us a while to get there though, due to what else I posted before you replied to this.

Another thing with the stories and level up style. I feel like the girls personal stories are close to being done, or at least Fanora and Naria. We already met their parents and basically agreed to get married to them. Its another drawback of the "level up" system, they are all pretty high level (27 or 28) but at least a good portion of those didn't advance their stories and their stories are in very different levels of development despite being the same level.
I remember that in some computer(probably Esther's) MC's mother has like big ears like a golden retriever or something....i think MC is half-mythic...so his father is probably human...also he was breastfed by Esther so i kinda think he has some extra-magic inside...

Probably he is some sort of Raccoon-mythic(like those weird hentai manga where raccoons have giant penis) or something that smells nice/arousing like half-succubus or something

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I remember that in some computer(probably Esther's) MC's mother has like big ears like a golden retriever or something....i think MC is half-mythic...so his father is probably human...also he was breastfed by Esther so i kinda think he has some extra-magic inside...

Probably he is some sort of Raccoon-mythic(like those weird hentai manga where raccoons have giant penis) or something that smells nice/arousing like half-succubus or something
Good lord, dont tell Fanora that.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
we still dont know what kind of half-mythic he is
There was some hints that this would/could be revealed in Nefari's chain of events, via her testing. But nothing concrete. And, honestly, it's been so long since I played it that I had to look up Nefari's name so I can't remember exactly what was said. But I'm pretter sure she specifically said she could determine the nature of the mythic in his blood. Then they had sexy time. Because of course they did.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yeah, with Nef's story, it makes sense to take time to find out, but if it is simply that his mom is a mythic and his dad is human, Esther should be able to just tell us, there should be no mystery to solve. I mean, Esther knows what Nef is doing, right? Would she really make you both go through all this trouble and testing if she already knows at least that part of the answer?

I think Nef's experiments are more to see if she can unlock our latent potential, rather than find out what type we are, though clearly she doesn't know either.

I don't get why this hasn't come up, "Hey Esther, what kind of mythic is my mom?" or hey, why not call mom and ask her now that you know about it? That part should not be a great mystery if he is simply half human and half whatever his mom is. That should be as easy as finding out what her favorite color is, or whatever.

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
Yeah, with Nef's story, it makes sense to take time to find out, but if it is simply that his mom is a mythic and his dad is human, Esther should be able to just tell us, there should be no mystery to solve. I mean, Esther knows what Nef is doing, right? Would she really make you both go through all this trouble and testing if she already knows at least that part of the answer?

I think Nef's experiments are more to see if she can unlock our latent potential, rather than find out what type we are, though clearly she doesn't know either.

I don't get why this hasn't come up, "Hey Esther, what kind of mythic is my mom?" or hey, why not call mom and ask her now that you know about it? That part should not be a great mystery if he is simply half human and half whatever his mom is. That should be as easy as finding out what her favorite color is, or whatever.
Maybe (and we can't know that yet until Jikei reveals it) this is like Seraphims in Diablo3 (half Demon/Angel + half Human) or Jack in Supernatural where the offspring is a random more-powerful-than-its-origin mutation...

...the fact that Velle is completely happy with getting her mana replenished by MC alone might be an indication for that...

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Maybe (and we can't know that yet until Jikei reveals it) this is like Seraphims in Diablo3 (half Demon/Angel + half Human) or Jack in Supernatural where the offspring is a random more-powerful-than-its-origin mutation...

...the fact that Velle is completely happy with getting her mana replenished by MC alone might be an indication for that...
Like I said, we do know that at least for full bloods, it runs in the family, as Nef's whole family are sphinxes, but they have said that 1/2 breeds don't have abilities, so I assume, based on Nef's story that very little research has been done on them.

Though I still think that not asking Esther or his mom what she is, is a bit of an oversight. It makes it seem like they just don't care about it. I mean, fuck, that would have been my first question once I found out! How could it not be? Unless they have asked, they do know, and just didn't bother to tell us, the players. XD

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Like I said, we do know that at least for full bloods, it runs in the family, as Nef's whole family are sphinxes, but they have said that 1/2 breeds don't have abilities, so I assume, based on Nef's story that very little research has been done on them.

Though I still think that not asking Esther or his mom what she is, is a bit of an oversight. It makes it seem like they just don't care about it. I mean, fuck, that would have been my first question once I found out! How could it not be? Unless they have asked, they do know, and just didn't bother to tell us, the players. XD
the point probably is...why sending your son, in a house meant for mythics without telling him the reason for it? Like maybe he is a late-bloomer or a mix of something...after all MC was breastfed by a phoenix-mythic, and born from a ???-mythic with probably a human father...maybe he is like a big weird mix? Like mixing eggs with cola? You don't know what will come out of that mix because the ingredients are never been together before, so maybe it's something good or maybe it's something bad or dangerous...

the things we know are: MC with some experiment showed to Nefari, part of his "mythic-form", he was born as half-mythic(probably late-bloomer, like having a late-puberty), fed by milk of another species of mythic, and Velle loves drinking mana from MC...so I think whatever kind of mythic is MC, is probably the classic "thing that probably happens only one time every 1000 years because the conditions for that thing to happens are so many and so various/different that it's almost impossible"

also i think Esther somewhere in the story actually mentioned that MC's mother is a therium/theria or something?

4.50 star(s) 189 Votes