VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes
Apr 28, 2018
I guess I can see why you'd hold that opinion. For me, the idea of a girl getting filled up is hot, but pregnancy kinda grosses me out. Maybe it's because I'm looking at it from the perspective of not wanting to carry something around that long while being bloated and miserable.
You're the dev, its your realm, its all about your inspiration.

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
Was that a really short chapter, or did I somehow skip some of the subplots? It went, like, Rain, B, diner, Lisa and boom, end of chapter 5.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Was that a really short chapter, or did I somehow skip some of the subplots? It went, like, Rain, B, diner, Lisa and boom, end of chapter 5.
Yes, this is essentially the "second half" of Chapter Four. I chopped it up so I could get updates out a little faster, especially since the final chapter is gonna be really big.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I guess I can see why you'd hold that opinion. For me, the idea of a girl getting filled up is hot, but pregnancy kinda grosses me out. Maybe it's because I'm looking at it from the perspective of not wanting to carry something around that long while being bloated and miserable.
For our 1st my wife wasn't miserable at all. For our 2nd she had it pretty rough. She wanted kids though, which probably tempers some of the experience compared to a woman who didn't want children and was surprise pregnant, which may be more of the mind set you're approaching it from. Personally as a dude even before I was like sexually active or knew anything about kinks/fetishes I always found pregnant women to be beautiful. And while my wife is sometimes self conscious about her figure post two kids, she's all the more beautiful to me because of what those changes are a result of. But again I get why a person who doesn't want kids would dread that (my sister will never have kids).

Not trying to change any minds or push for a directional change in the game, just providing some insight into the mind of a "preggo lover".

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
I see pregnancy in this game as problematic for several reasons.

1. A lot of extra work. Every girl would have to make a pregnant/not pregnant animation.

2. Narrative. Since the MC is not the Alien, it takes months from conception before there is a visible sign of pregnancy. It's nonsense that the investigation stops until then.

3. The majority of potential love interests are supernatural beings. Their reproduction would have a problematic effect on the world.

(4. Eww. Apologies to anyone who likes this, but it is VERY NOT my fetish.)

Nine, if you make a game where undead, futa, big-tits, loli characters rape their pregnant, furry, monster siblings, I don't think you can cover all the fetishes. It's your game. Follow your own ideas.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Just wondering how i'd explain that to the family in game.

"Well, remember my ex that died .... well we're back together and we're both investigating her death with a couple of god, a Werewolf ... Wild Magic user, a Fae, a cop, a couple of Vampires, an agent of a secret organisation, a cat and Becki with an I ........ typical Tuesday stuff.

That's less like the Scooby gang and more like the new age Village People of spook busters.

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Just wondering how i'd explain that to the family in game.

"Well, remember my ex that died .... well we're back together and we're both investigating her death with a couple of god, a Werewolf ... Wild Magic user, a Fae, a cop, a couple of Vampires, an agent of a secret organisation, a cat and Becki with an I ........ typical Tuesday stuff.

That's less like the Scooby gang and more like the new age Village People of spook busters.
Feels more like an old school Final Fantasy roster ; if the family in question ever played one, they'll be thrilled

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
Is the next chapter really going to be the final one? Based on the pacing I expected at least four of five more of them.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Is the next chapter really going to be the final one? Based on the pacing I expected at least four of five more of them.
The next chapter is the final one for Book One; Book One is just the intro to the game world at large. This game ends with solving Lisa's death, but all the other plot threads are dangling for future games. You'll find out more about the Bureau, the Fae, the Celestials, the Cult of the Void, and more as the games continue on.

But now for an announcement:

Chapter 5.0.1 Hotfix!

There's a bug in chapter 5.0.0 where if you make a particular choice (kissing Lisa) your character name will be reset to default (Kylie or Kyle depending on your gender).

If you use the default name, anyway, this won't affect you. If keeping your custom name is important, use this hotfixed version:

PC:

Mac:

Android:

If you're comfortable enough with modifying files in the game directory, and don't wanna redownload the whole thing, you can use the attached file to overwrite ch005b.rpy in your /game/ folder.

Last edited:

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
The next chapter is the final one for Book One; Book One is just the intro to the game world at large. This game ends with solving Lisa's death, but all the other plot threads are dangling for future games. You'll find out more about the Bureau, the Fae, the Celestials, the Cult of the Void, and more as the games continue on.

But now for an announcement:

Chapter 5.0.1 Hotfix!

There's a bug in chapter 5.0.0 where if you make a particular choice <ispoiler>(kissing Lisa)</ispoiler> your character name will be reset to default (Kylie or Kyle depending on your gender).

If you use the default name, anyway, this won't affect you. If keeping your custom name is important, use this hotfixed version:

PC: Mega

Mac: Mega

Android: Mega

If you're comfortable enough with modifying files in the game directory, and don't wanna redownload the whole thing, you can use the attached file to overwrite ch005b.rpy in your /game/ folder.
I think you have to use [ brackets to make an ispoiler, not math crocodiles.

Reactions: Nine of Swords
4.80 star(s) 63 Votes