VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I always use my blinkers! That's one thing I hate about the drivers up here.

However, unlike Virginia drivers, we aren't afraid to actually use the accelerator!!!
It was a big surprise when I moved from Texas to Georgia. In Dallas you NEVER used your signals, I would warn people who moved the to never, ever use their turn signals. The reason being, if you signaled for a lane change, someone would speed up to block you out, or change lanes suddenly to block you. Fort Worth right next door wasn't as bad, but in Dallas turn signals are a challenge to a duel!

LexiKnight

Dec 25, 2017
I always use my blinkers! That's one thing I hate about the drivers up here.

However, unlike Virginia drivers, we aren't afraid to actually use the accelerator!!!
It's DC that doesn't use blinkers. Baltimore blinks twice and changes lanes, whether you moved out of the way or not. Baltimore drivers are very polite for .5 seconds. After that it's on you. Literally.

Great game, BTW (first time I posted was right when I started, now I've been up all night and played through). I really appreciate that there are both male and female MC options, and the writing is great.

I don't think the Baltimore references are too overdone, and the neighborhood names, road names, drive times etc. add a bit of realism that probably work for anybody anywhere, because we don't actually need to be familiar with a city to tell that the writer and story are familiar with that city.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
It's DC that doesn't use blinkers. Baltimore blinks twice and changes lanes, whether you moved out of the way or not. Baltimore drivers are very polite for .5 seconds. After that it's on you. Literally.

Great game, BTW (first time I posted was right when I started, now I've been up all night and played through). I really appreciate that there are both male and female MC options, and the writing is great.

I don't think the Baltimore references are too overdone, and the neighborhood names, road names, drive times etc. add a bit of realism that probably work for anybody anywhere, because we don't actually need to be familiar with a city to tell that the writer and story are familiar with that city.
I agree.
I have never been in Baltimore, and don't know the city. But names of place, road... feel real and flesh out the game.
I will surely miss a lot of geographic / landscape references, but Nine of Swords, I think you should continue to put some in the game.

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
I had camembert for the first time a few months ago... I am not a fan. Imagining a cake made of it... uuurgh...
I presume it was mature (with brownish spots and a smell of dried urine); it's how I like it :D. But if the taste is too strong for you, you can eat it with a little butter.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Nine of Swords

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Today I learned that seeing people say blinkers instead of indicators is as triggering to me as hearing people say aloominum instead of aluminium.
The Englishman who first isolated aluminum from bauxite ore named it aluminum. Years later, it was changed in the British Isles to "aluminium" to sound more sophisticated and different from America.

Now you know.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
View attachment 2178923

Friday Update - November 18th, 2022

New version available: Mythos for Workgroups v 3.11!

Was it because I was working too hard on a Windows joke that half of you won’t even get? Nay! It’s car trouble!
The picture in the header does look like the screen from an old Windows version. Glad that you got your car in order, had to spend about 1600$ in car repears not to long ago myself.

And now for my dear norwegian entrant into the slightly wierd food contest: (it's actually quite good)

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
The picture in the header does look like the screen from an old Windows version. Glad that you got your car in order, had to spend about 1600$ in car repears not to long ago myself.

And now for my dear norwegian entrant into the slightly wierd food contest: (it's actually quite good)
I'm of Scottish decent and love haggis, so I can't be too critical of anyone's national dishes. :LOL::cool:

sailboat

Apr 15, 2020
I'm a Baltimore native! :D I've lived here all my life, never living anywhere else. The graffiti isn't exactly the same as it was in the real world, but the important part is that it's making the same reference to the :

When I was driving once
I saw this painted on a bridge:
"I don't want the world,
I just want your half."

I'm trying not to put in too many Baltimore references, though; I don't want people from other places getting too confused!
Great reference of Ana Ng. And I like the Baltimora references: I have been there in the '90, a nice journey in USA (Baltimora, NY, Philadelphia, Boston).

It is! Mara was a cameo in Bare Witness, just like Athena is a cameo in Mythos! Same Mara, same Athena! :)
I love(d) them!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
I'm of Scottish decent and love haggis, so I can't be too critical of anyone's national dishes. :LOL::cool:
I've had very few occasions to eat haggis; it was in Lyons, in France, now I live in Toulouse and I have never seen any. It's... curious. But I do love bagpipes and the so sweet Gaelic language.

Last edited:

merlin7560

May 15, 2021
The Englishman who first isolated aluminum from bauxite ore named it aluminum. Years later, it was changed in the British Isles to "aluminium" to sound more sophisticated and different from America.

Now you know.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
a little history going way back in time about aluminum, if anyone is interested

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I'm a Baltimore native! :D I've lived here all my life, never living anywhere else. The graffiti isn't exactly the same as it was in the real world, but the important part is that it's making the same reference to the :

When I was driving once
I saw this painted on a bridge:
"I don't want the world,
I just want your half."

I'm trying not to put in too many Baltimore references, though; I don't want people from other places getting too confused!

I had camembert for the first time a few months ago... I am not a fan. Imagining a cake made of it... uuurgh...

It is! Mara was a cameo in Bare Witness, just like Athena is a cameo in Mythos! Same Mara, same Athena! :)
I don't mind "home town" references by dev's or writers ,it can be an insight into their background, as long as I'm not expected to know how to navigate the town to make sense of the story. Too many New Yawk writers think everyone knows all about it. I did a hired car transfer between airports in NYC once. That was WAY too much time there for me o_O:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I've had very few occasions to eat haggis; it was in Lyons, in France, now I live in Toulouse and I have never seen any. It's... curious. But I do love bagpipes and the so sweat Gaelic language.
I don't speak the language, although I wish I could. I have many albums of bagpipe music, including more modern "Celtic Rock" ;)
The best haggis I've ever had was on a visit to Scotland. There is, or was a little "chip shop" where you could get damn near anything battered and fried (including pizza and candybars). They had deep fried haggis on a stick. A sausage skin of haggis, stuck on a stick then battered and deep fried. Like a Scottish corny dog. There's nothing like taking a food that will kill your heart anyway then deep frying it. Slap some HP sauce on that - Wooooo Buddy!

• Haha
Reactions: damnedfrog

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
you are as barbaric as the bavarians and their weisswurst.:cautious:
hard enough for me as a prussian to adapt to their customs. :cautious:
but i have learned to appreciate liver cheese semmel and weissbier. :love:

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
If I tell Tera that I only see her as a friend is that forever? I like more of a slow burn and her coming out of nowhere right from the get go isn't really my thing. I didn't see an option to just tell her I'd think about it, just a yes or no situation.

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes