VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

lordhoth12

Aug 31, 2021
Hey this is a dumb question but the character on Nelson's computer (Layla) what game is she from? I swear I've played it before but I can't remember the name of the game.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Hey this is a dumb question but the character on Nelson's computer (Layla) what game is she from? I swear I've played it before but I can't remember the name of the game.
That would be !

But also:

update20221223dn.jpg

Friday Update - December 23rd, 2023

Ho ho humbug from Nine of Claus and Morgi Krampus!

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
View attachment 2275455

Friday Update - December 30th, 2022

The year goes out with a bang, and that bang is me getting hit with a shovel.
Dang that was tough, I wish you that this is the last one of your issues and that the start of the new year will bring you more serene times.
Thank you so much for what you did until now, your game is one of the few I had the pleasure to play and for that I will always be grateful to you. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
Have I mentioned how much I hate December? <-I can feel with you. :cautious:
paid 2,6k for a new clutch for my car in october...so i know how that feels here too. :(

but you know what, enjoy your convention, try to switch off for the time being and afterwards maybe everything doesn't look so bad anymore...like new year, new luck :love:

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
View attachment 2262552

A Mythos Carol - Stave Five

Nine! Stop that!

First, we have Becki, with an I. That we can dislike all we want, because of her unbearable narcissistic and frivolous behavior, and her stupid little dog.
Until that "Nelson's sick day", when we could see that she was also secretly in love with Ky. And that her behaviour was probably because she felt rejected and didn't know how going along with the others.
And after that, we discover that she was a caring daughter for her sick mother, who will do anything she can for her.
So now, we can only like her, at least a bit.

After that, we have Desmon that we could hate.
But now, he will make amends, will be less unpleasant towards Violet. And I suspect that he will even become a bit more pleasant toward other characters like Tara or Rain.
Then, we can't dislike him anymore too.

So, who can we freely hate now?! Who?!
:)

And by the way, if his heart increase by 3 times that day, he should die within minutes.
Because, having one's heart inflated in such proportions in such a short period of time, is a critical and lethal condition.
:LOL:

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
View attachment 2275455

Friday Update - December 30th, 2022

The year goes out with a bang, and that bang is me getting hit with a shovel.
"It is a strange world, a sad world, a world full of miseries, and woes, and troubles. And yet when King Laugh come, he make them all dance to the tune he play. Bleeding hearts, and dry bones of the churchyard, and tears that burn as they fall, all dance together to the music that he make with that smileless mouth of him. Ah, we men and women are like ropes drawn tight with strain that pull us different ways. Then tears come, and like the rain on the ropes, they brace us up, until perhaps the strain become too great, and we break. But King Laugh he come like the sunshine, and he ease off the strain again, and we bear to go on with our labour, what it may be."

Van Helsing

Listen to Morgana, she is a wise woman.

• Red Heart

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
More commissions! :D One of the Goddess Seshat coming to Kylie in a dream, and the other of Seshat with someone else's OC!

(Chapter Three spoilers, technically)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Seshat looked realy nice in her native(not sure if godesses even have that) dress and getup:love:.

• Red Heart

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
LOL I love this game man, the humor is so on point. B has grown on me and is now one of my favorite characters. Really good stuff!
Thank you! This was one of those instances of "the character writes their own dialogue", since I actually forgot about this line until you posted it! :ROFLMAO: B is probably my favourite one to write, because her lines just come out naturally.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Thank you! This was one of those instances of "the character writes their own dialogue", since I actually forgot about this line until you posted it! :ROFLMAO: B is probably my favourite one to write, because her lines just come out naturally.
That's how a lot of my old RP used to go. When you come up with an interesting character and develop their personality and backstory sufficiently, you sort of feel like they're dictating their own words and actions to you more than you're writing them yourself. So it becomes less of "This is what I think this character would say/do now", and more like you almost hear the voice of the character in your head telling you what they'd say or do in any situation.

Which can be surprising sometimes, when they come out with something you totally didn't expect. Or when a character like that basically takes control of a story and kind of pulls it in a different direction than you were expecting.

Roger Zelazny used to write that way as well - which might be why he's written some of my favorite stories ever.

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes