VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
That's how a lot of my old RP used to go. When you come up with an interesting character and develop their personality and backstory sufficiently, you sort of feel like they're dictating their own words and actions to you more than you're writing them yourself. So it becomes less of "This is what I think this character would say/do now", and more like you almost hear the voice of the character in your head telling you what they'd say or do in any situation.

Which can be surprising sometimes, when they come out with something you totally didn't expect. Or when a character like that basically takes control of a story and kind of pulls it in a different direction than you were expecting.

Roger Zelazny used to write that way as well - which might be why he's written some of my favorite stories ever.
I think many great writers felt the same as you :)

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Aww, Morgana looks so happy to be there.:)
Yes, we can feel her enthusiasm and pleasure to be there.

But, as always, Nine seem unsure of herself.
Girl! Enjoy the moment! Take some good time for you with your woman!
You can skip a Friday Update from time to time, you know?
We will still love you and consider you as one of the best dev!
(well, cant't speak for the others, but for what it's worth, I least I will)

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Are y'all being flocked by Mythies that recognize you?:unsure::LOL:
I take great pains to make sure Mythies don't recognize me or Morgana in public! I did very sneakily write the URL to my website on one of the graffiti boards, but I made sure nobody was around to see me doing it. I want to keep my identity secret because there can be some real creepers out there. Nobody among the Mythies I've actually talked to, but I'm sure there some silent ones out there.

Aww, Morgana looks so happy to be there.:)
Somehow your smile doesn't seem sincere. It's like seeing myself. (Except I'm older, uglier and a man.)
Yes, we can feel her enthusiasm and pleasure to be there.

But, as always, Nine seem unsure of herself.
Girl! Enjoy the moment! Take some good time for you with your woman!
You can skip a Friday Update from time to time, you know?
We will still love you and consider you as one of the best dev!
(well, cant't speak for the others, but for what it's worth, I least I will)
Going into it I felt a sense of dread, because like... for one thing, it's five days that I can't do anything else. It's also an extended, highly social situation that's also physically fatiguing.

I calves are burning from all the walking/standing on hard concrete floors, and I actually got a blister on one of my fingers because I forgot to take off my rings before playing a drumming game. I also found that while I can still do some of those difficult DDR songs, I probably shouldn't.

However, I took part in a big cosplay photoshoot, played some great games, and met some awesome people. I'm looking forward to next year's MAGFest, now.

I'd probably say "Werewolves don't exist, Kylie." at every pair of girls I see.
Oh god, we found a hat at one of the vendor booths that said "definitely not a werewolf" and I was so tempted to buy it (but I never wear baseball-style caps, so I know it would have just sat here).

-------------

Basically, though I had my doubts going in, this weekend was the most fun I've had at a convention since my early 2000s weeb days, where I'd go to Otakon/Katsucon/several other cons every year. I need to recover (and do so much laundry) today, but tomorrow I get back to work on Mythos!

Reeia

Oct 4, 2018
Hi, during the talk with tara in chapter 2, the one where she reveals rain is her god mother, the protagonist says "Despite her loose attitude on monogamy, I wasn't sure how she'd react to knowing I'd slept with her and her god mother a day apart." Even though i firmly rejected when she spent the night(chose not interested on both options). Is this a bug or are you not meant to reject her in future chapters?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Nine of Swords
Aug 16, 2022
Hi, during the talk with tara in chapter 2, the one where she reveals rain is her god mother, the protagonist says "Despite her loose attitude on monogamy, I wasn't sure how she'd react to knowing I'd slept with her and her god mother a day apart." Even though i firmly rejected when she spent the night(chose not interested on both options). Is this a bug or are you not meant to reject her in future chapters?
I'm sure she'll answer you, but she has said earlier in this thread somewhere that it's a bug that she had not been able to track down yet.

Reactions: Reeia

Reeia

Oct 4, 2018
I'm sure she'll answer you, but she has said earlier in this thread somewhere that it's a bug that she had not been able to track down yet.
Thank you! Do you know if there are choice paths that you can take that wont trigger the bug?

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
This is a bug, for sure! I actually hadn't heard this particular one, either; usually it's Sophia causing the issues.

Question to help me troubleshoot: Have you played through Chapter Three? There's other parts where Tara will bring up the encounter if you'd slept with her. If she didn't bring it up again, that's good; it's just a dialogue bug in that one conversation I need to fix. If she does bring it up again, despite not sleeping with her in Chapter One, that means there's a flag being set wrong which is bad.

Last edited:

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
This is a bug, for sure! I actually hadn't heard this particular one, either; usually it's Sophia causing the issues.

Question to help me troubleshoot: Have you played through Chapter Three? There's a part where Rain will bring up the encounter if you'd slept with her. If she didn't bring it up in Chapter Three, that's good; it's just a dialogue bug in Chapter Two I need to fix. If she does bring it up in Chapter Three, despite not sleeping with her in Chapter One, that means there's a flag being set wrong which is bad.
Pretty sure they're saying it's Tara who's the problem, not Rain. As in they slept with Rain but didn't hook up with Tara. It sounds like they let Tara spend the night but didn't commit to a relationship. So the game implying Tara should have opinions about it at all would be wrong.

It's probably why no one has ever reported the bug before - who turns down Tara?

Is it possible it's similar to the Sophia bug? As in, something is automatically set to positive that shouldn't be?

• Red Heart

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Pretty sure they're saying it's Tara who's the problem, not Rain. As in they slept with Rain but didn't hook up with Tara. It sounds like they let Tara spend the night but didn't commit to a relationship. So the game implying Tara should have opinions about it at all would be wrong.

It's probably why no one has ever reported the bug before - who turns down Tara?

Is it possible it's similar to the Sophia bug? As in, something is automatically set to positive that shouldn't be?
Oh, I totally misread that!!! I edited my post.

It's possible that it's like the Sophia bug, but I wanna be sure. I think this may be the first instance of someone rejecting Tara, which may be why I've never seen this bug. :ROFLMAO:

Sep 3, 2020
Oh, I totally misread that!!! I edited my post.

It's possible that it's like the Sophia bug, but I wanna be sure. I think this may be the first instance of someone rejecting Tara, which may be why I've never seen this bug. :ROFLMAO:
that's because sis it's not possible Tara is the definition of a waifu

as in first comes love then comes marriage then comes Tara with a baby carriage

Reactions: LorgarAurelian

Reeia

Oct 4, 2018

Question to help me troubleshoot: Have you played through Chapter Three? There's other parts where Tara will bring up the encounter if you'd slept with her. If she didn't bring it up again, that's good; it's just a dialogue bug in that one conversation I need to fix. If she does bring it up again, despite not sleeping with her in Chapter One, that means there's a flag being set wrong which is bad.
Beginning of chapter 3. "Though having long held feelings for Kylie, Tara gracefully accepted that those feelings weren't reciprocated. The two remained best friends, as if Tara's confession never happened." Just finished chapter 3, and Tara had no reaction to anything else.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords
4.80 star(s) 63 Votes