VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
View attachment 2363487

Friday Update - February 3rd, 2023

Need more coffee... :(
Yep, Daz loading speed is terrible. Wait for a figure to load and then go....:unsure:..."nope, that's not what I wanted", only to try again. Loading an existing scene to make changes sometimes takes longer than making the changes :mad:. I've started experimenting with using the "timeline" for different poses and camera positions withing a scene to try and cut down on the number of different versions of a scene I have saved or number of hidden copies of a character with a different pose\expression in a scene file. I have ordered a memory upgrade for my computer hoping that doubling my RAM will help.
You should post "Dayquil drunk bloopers" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Nine of Swords

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
So, earlier today I was listening to 80s music (as I am wont to do), and came on. And at one point it occurred to me while listening to the lyrics that it could kind of apply to the way Tara sees the main character in terms of being a love interest.

My next thought was that I apparently think way too much about Mythos and maybe I should see some sort of professional to fix my brain... but my next thought after that one was that it might be neat to think about other songs that might apply to other love interests (or their relationship/perceived relationship) with the main character. And then I thought it would be even neater to throw the idea out to the rest of you to see what sort of ideas you could come up with.

The first thing that immediately popped into my mind was for B. Mainly because I love the implied pun in the title, but I could also see the lyrics kind of applying to B's point-of-view depending on certain interpretations of her character and whether or not you show interest in her.

The other song that popped into my head around the same time for her was (again for kind of obvious reasons) - but that song doesn't really fit B lyrically at all. In some ways, it reminded me more of Lisa (or of a Nelson who has sort of spent the time since they broke up kind of wistfully in love with her still). But then that line of thought led me to think of , for a main character who never really got over her after their breakup and who is taking her death really hard (which is sort of how I was playing the character in my runthrough).

So can you guys come up with any other songs you think fit the various love interests or relationships well? We obviously have to start coming up with ideas for songs to license for the soundtrack when the inevitable Mythos movie comes out. :D

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
View attachment 2363487
Did I really spend a whole update talking about side images? Sorry!
Why, all I know about game development is:
1. It's hard.
2. I don't know how to do it.

I learned a lot from these discussions:
1. It is very difficult.
2. I have no idea how to do it.

(I'm not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree.)

Progress is a process, there is no shame in asking for help. There are many people here, maybe someone has a good idea.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
But then that line of thought led me to think of , for a main character who never really got over her after their breakup and who is taking her death really hard (which is sort of how I was playing the character in my runthrough).
So had to comment on this; the Offspring is one of my favourite bands, and this song is one of the ones that (in my own mind) would be on the "Mythos: Book One" soundtrack.

Observant folks may note that song titles are used in all the chapter names, and in many of the scene names, too! Those are hints.

EDIT: I'm tempted to post an entire tracklist of what I'd consider to be the definitive Book One soundtrack, just to see how people pick it apart...

Last edited:

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
An awesome surprise that was.
There I were, bored and wondering which VN should I play next, when I saw an ungodly amount of good reviews and beautiful girls on this thread.
Boy, was I served.
Story ? Very interesting, plenty of lore, foreshadowing, mystery, humor and good music.
MC ? Pretty good, pretty clever and endearing (female and male alike)
LIs ? Unique, beautiful, funny, with depth.
Gameplay ? Plenty of choices, hints to find, hypothesis to make...
Hotel ? Trivago....wait no, come back.

Love it through and through (especially with that cliffhanger, damn you Nine of Swords ) ; in one go, it made it to my top 10 VN of all time.
Can't wait to find more about that mystery And about who's hiding what even unconsciously, like Mara being a anti-magic or Void Walker or whatever the name.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
An awesome surprise that was.
There I were, bored and wondering which VN should I play next, when I saw an ungodly amount of good reviews and beautiful girls on this thread.
Boy, was I served.
Story ? Very interesting, plenty of lore, foreshadowing, mystery, humor and good music.
MC ? Pretty good, pretty clever and endearing (female and male alike)
LIs ? Unique, beautiful, funny, with depth.
Gameplay ? Plenty of choices, hints to find, hypothesis to make...
Hotel ? Trivago....wait no, come back.

Love it through and through (especially with that cliffhanger, damn you Nine of Swords ) ; in one go, it made it to my top 10 VN of all time.
Can't wait to find more about that mystery And about who's hiding what even unconsciously, like Mara being a anti-magic or Void Walker or whatever the name.
And even if she won't acknowledged that, Nine of Swords is a great dev.
Always here to interact we us.
Playing along with us, like all the jokes about werewolves in Mythos.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
And even if she won't acknowledged that, Nine of Swords is a great dev.
Always here to interact we us.
Playing along with us, like all the jokes about werewolves in Mythos.
I wish I could be more interactive lately, but I'm in week two of this annoying sickness. :( Thank you for the kind words, even if you do mention a nonexistent supernatural type.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I wish I could be more interactive lately, but I'm in week two of this annoying sickness. :( Thank you for the kind words, even if you do mention a nonexistent supernatural type.
Best wishes for a fast recovery, I got the flu and it's one heck of a pain so take care and stay cozy if you can. :)

Reactions: Hullahopp

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Take care of yourself.
It is quite normal that you can't interact so much with us at this moment.
And you deserve that we praise you.
Even if you want obliterate a poor race of howling at the moon furries :)

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
I wish I could be more interactive lately, but I'm in week two of this annoying sickness
I find it weird that, most (if not all) Devs that make these types of games, end up with the "flu" or some other sickness, pretty quickly too. Like, are y'all outside a lot? around people all the time? (most Devs work "solo") it puzzles me. I haven't gotten sick for a long time lol.

Anyways, sorry for the puke my brain just barfed. I just had a question. Any plans for a Steam release? Definitely need more 3DCG/Female Protagonist/Lesbian non-anime type games on there. x3

Reactions: Arallfydol

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
I find it weird that, most (if not all) Devs that make these types of games, end up with the "flu" or some other sickness, pretty quickly too. Like, are y'all outside a lot? around people all the time? (most Devs work "solo") it puzzles me. I haven't gotten sick for a long time lol.
People who spend tons of time sitting at computers tend to have weaker immune systems. But a lot of it is also going to depend on what sort of day jobs they have. Someone working in an office with lots of other people (common for a lot of devs, because computer skills translate into IT work and the like) is going to get exposed to way more potential viruses.

Plus this is pretty much the worst time of the year for getting sick.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021

Anyways, sorry for the puke my brain just barfed. I just had a question. Any plans for a Steam release? Definitely need more 3DCG/Female Protagonist/Lesbian non-anime type games on there. x3
Most everyone gets sick from time to time. The main difference with devs is that they announce it on the internet when they become sick.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017

I can only speak for myself here - I don't personally know any devs in the real world, with our discussions being limited to Discord and such. However, around this time of year, I do go out a lot. Starting with December where both my partner and I have holiday parties to attend (our respective jobs and stuff with family and friends), as well as having to go out amongst the masses to do whatever Christmas shopping can't be done online.

Then January is my own personal "hell month" where we have MAGFest (a convention I attend yearly), inventory at my job, and Morgana's birthday (which we go out for, typically). This past weekend I attended a party type thing known as "Nerd Prom" where we dressed up like we were attending the dance from the Wednesday series, which was fun.

This is on top of my normal social life where I typically go out and socialize a few times a month. I may gripe a lot about people, and I consider myself an introvert, but the reality of having job, family, and friend obligations means I can't be as much of a hermit as I'd like. :(

EDIT: Totally forgot to answer the Steam question! Yes - when Book One is done, I plan to put the whole thing up on Steam!

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 63 Votes