VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Lazy developer milking their Patrons
Hahaha... the whole idea of devs "milking" is insane to me. Like... we're not running live service games, here. Nobody has to give devs money every month, when they could just easily sub for one month, get the game, then cancel. I know you're not actually accusing me of milking (which would make even less sense because Mythos is a free game that I'll keep making even if my Patron count is zero), it's just a complaint I see a lot that I didn't even think was valid before I became a dev, myself.

Anyway, now to prove that the game isn't abandoned since it's been aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages since my last update (approx. seven days):

update20230505.jpg

Weekly Update - May 5th, 2023

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Hahaha... the whole idea of devs "milking" is insane to me. Like... we're not running live service games, here. Nobody has to give devs money every month, when they could just easily sub for one month, get the game, then cancel. I know you're not actually accusing me of milking (which would make even less sense because Mythos is a free game that I'll keep making even if my Patron count is zero), it's just a complaint I see a lot that I didn't even think was valid before I became a dev, myself.

Anyway, now to prove that the game isn't abandoned since it's been aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages since my last update (approx. seven days):

View attachment 2598873

What a relief, seems like the game isn't abandoned after all. :)

I'm not really a cat person, but I hope yours is doing well.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

View attachment 2598873

Whenever people throw that out there (even more since I'm trying to make one myself) I just want to bitch-slap them into next week. It's never one of their Patrons, it's always someone playing for free and a incensed at the thought of someone no slaving away for them to get a free update fast enough. One guy even tried to say that the developers SURGURY should have only delayed him a day or so :rolleyes: . a "Patron" is just that; someone who helps support an artist or someone so that they can pursue a project. I think I have been a Patron for some things for several years. Paid well over the "selling" price of the game/videos/content but I believe in what they do. It's the entitled attitude that always comes with that phrase that really drives me up a tree.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Whenever people throw that out there (even more since I'm trying to make one myself) I just want to bitch-slap them into next week. It's never one of their Patrons, it's always someone playing for free and a incensed at the thought of someone no slaving away for them to get a free update fast enough. One guy even tried to say that the developers SURGURY should have only delayed him a day or so :rolleyes: . a "Patron" is just that; someone who helps support an artist or someone so that they can pursue a project. I think I have been a Patron for some things for several years. Paid well over the "selling" price of the game/videos/content but I believe in what they do. It's the entitled attitude that always comes with that phrase that really drives me up a tree.
*This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

Reactions: Nine of Swords

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020

View attachment 2598873

concern-concern-meme.gif Hope your cat is doing better:).

• Red Heart

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
"No more pets after this… my heart can’t take it."

I understand. :(

A friend of mine left his little girl at home with his pittbull. I warned him that it was a bad idea, but he wouldn't listen.

20181129.jpg
Children are very dangerous.

One guy even tried to say that the developers SURGURY should have only delayed him a day or so
Not everyone understands how Patreon works. Perhaps Patreon should make it clear that you are supporting an artist, not buying a product. Another friend bought a Superman costume. It came with a warning text. "Basically, people can't fly. That's a fact and is not affected by wearing the costume!"

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Not everyone understands how Patreon works. Perhaps Patreon should make it clear that you are supporting an artist, not buying a product. Another friend bought a Superman costume. It came with a warning text. "Basically, people can't fly. That's a fact and is not affected by wearing the costume!"
I can't fault Patreon, because I think most people who use it understand. The people who get the most pissed off about "lazy developers milking" aren't patrons at all, just freeloaders. That and they don't have a clue how much work it actually is to make one of these. They're probably also basement dwelling cave trolls mooching off mom and dad so don't understand what having a job, family, life, commitments means. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I've been working over a year to learn Daz and try and put a game together. I was close to releasing the prologue when I have hit a snag that is causing me to reconfigure Daz, all my files, assets and in some cases redo large portions of work I did months ago. Going to set me back 6-8 months maybe, partly because if what I have coming up in real life. If When I finally release, my attitude towards "lazy Dev" comments is going to be "Here's Superman, we'll be looking forward to your game in two months" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Brandu33

Apr 11, 2022
I discovered this game quite recently, and it's really good. Witty, funny, i read all the dialogues which is rare! Wait for the next chapter...
A weird thing: when you have to decide whom to call, if you keep the agent (Mara?) last, she calls you beforehand, you flirt with her, agree to date her, and then call her on official business, and both act like they barely know each other...
Without the walk-through mod this game could be a tad difficult to play for people not having a big screen or bad eyesight though!

• Thinking Face

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I discovered this game quite recently, and it's really good. Witty, funny, i read all the dialogues which is rare! Wait for the next chapter...
Glad you enjoyed it! :D

A weird thing: when you have to decide whom to call, if you keep the agent (Mara?) last, she calls you beforehand, you flirt with her, agree to date her, and then call her on official business, and both act like they barely know each other...
Yeah, I learned my lesson on this one. I decided to make Chapter Three non-linear so players could decide to contact the crew in whatever order they wanted... but it ended up just being a ton of extra work for very little payoff. I'll be making everything linear again in future updates (and games) to prevent this kind of weirdness.

Without the walk-through mod this game could be a tad difficult to play for people not having a big screen or bad eyesight though!
Oh, this is the first time I'm hearing of this; what parts are difficult to see? My goal is to make the game in such a way that a walkthrough mod isn't needed (thus the "Investigation Mode" helper, the built-in romance guide, and the scene replay feature).

Brandu33

Apr 11, 2022
Glad you enjoyed it! :D

Yeah, I learned my lesson on this one. I decided to make Chapter Three non-linear so players could decide to contact the crew in whatever order they wanted... but it ended up just being a ton of extra work for very little payoff. I'll be making everything linear again in future updates (and games) to prevent this kind of weirdness.

Oh, this is the first time I'm hearing of this; what parts are difficult to see? My goal is to make the game in such a way that a walkthrough mod isn't needed (thus the "Investigation Mode" helper, the built-in romance guide, and the scene replay feature).
Thx for the answer, and I edited mine.

This game is one of the best, story-wise. You feel like reading it, and get interested to it no matter your kink, and the lewd bits. Lewd bits which are quite well done.

The non-linear bit is indeed quite hard to deal with. You handle it quite well with the girlfriend though, if i remember correctly she is a tad upset when you do not call her first.

As for the need of a walk-through. Well, I'm unfortunately one of the few whom have quite a poor eye sight. So, without it and the one about the accomplishments, i'd not have been able to see the small stuff you needed to see (like the golden stuff on the counter) and it was a bit challenging for me to see where to click in order to get the clues. This being said, it's also due to the RENPY software, since in such games one advance in the story by clicking. So you click on the small part you're suppose to, you've the witty part. You miss the exact spot, the story continue with you not being the wiser.
This being said, besides allowing the possibility to change the colour of said parts, i do not think that there is anything you can do. Neither do i think that you should without loosing the mystery part.

So do not change anything, and continue creating funny and witty stories with beautiful and horny FC, and plenty of beautiful and unique female NPCs.

Last edited:

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
(Commissions!)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes