VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Clutchfrog

Jan 3, 2021
LOL I do! I've lived in the Baltimore area all my life - almost 44 years! I'm not a "he", though. ♥

Since you seem to know specifics, I can say this and you may understand it: T's Diner is supposed to be the Double T diner in Ellicott City. It even mentions the nearby bakery (Tour le Jours). I don't mention these places by name, of course, but if you wanted to know more specifically where they are, there they are!
Dude I am also a life time resident at 50 years old..even graduated from Loch Raven and live in the area next to Hunt Valley where TSU is lmao. I even told my roommate that I bet that T's dine was the Double T. Surprised you didn't throw the ole" Bel-Loc diner in there also. Lmao. Hell dude if you ever have some free time coffee on me. I just have to say this has been AWESOME so far. BTW Sorry for the "he" part..still stoked to see such descriptions of the area we live in done so well.

PS. Joining your Patreon ASAP lol

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Lmao..NOT FAIR ....The fact that he is bringing up places like Hunt Valley and Columbia is pretty freaky. I feel like Nine lives in the area with the knowledge he has displayed of the area.
I believe Nine has said that she is a Baltimorainian, and wanted to pay homage to her hometown. To those of us who have never even seen it outside of werewolf documentaries, it's as foreign as most isakai fantasy stories.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
You don't happen to remember the name of the steakhouse, do you? This is pure curiosity, really.
Sadly no. I was traveling alone, I'm retired aircrew, and it was my first time deploying and for some now forgotten reason I shipped out 2 weeks later than the rest of my crew. Out of paranoia about missing my flight out I basically didn't sleep and got to the airport at like 2 am and sat by the ticketing counters for a few hours because the gates weren't even open yet.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I believe Nine has said that she is a Baltimorainian, and wanted to pay homage to her hometown. To those of us who have never even seen it outside of werewolf documentaries, it's as foreign as most isakai fantasy stories.
I imagine it feels like an isekai to anybody who visits here and wonders why the fuck we put Old Bay seasoning on everything or why we have our weird-looking State flag on everything.

Side Note: Despite being a lifelong Baltimorean, I'm not really a fan of Old Bay.

Clutchfrog

Jan 3, 2021
I imagine it feels like an isekai to anybody who visits here and wonders why the fuck we put Old Bay seasoning on everything or why we have our weird-looking State flag on everything.

Side Note: Despite being a lifelong Baltimorean, I'm not really a fan of Old Bay.
Yeah you can even go to the local Ice cream place called The Charmery and they have old bay Ice cream....I'm sorry as a resident I do like old bay on SOME things, but I draw the line when it comes to Ice cream. I have even found old bay pickles at the Farmers Market held by the Harbour in the spring and summer time.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Soraiya

Feb 26, 2022

Just picked up Old Bay Goldfish last time I went grocery shopping. Still trying to decide whether I like them or not.

Clutchfrog

Jan 3, 2021
Just picked up Old Bay goldfish last time I went grocery shopping. Still trying to decide whether I like them or not.
Ok..now I am curious, let me know what you think. I may want to try that. As a retired chef I use old bay on crabs (duh Baltimore) grilled corn on the cob after little butter, a mean Chicken Baltimore which is boneless chicken breast stuffed with lump seasoned old bay crab meat and of course Maryland crab cakes, mainly Eastern Shore style.

Reactions: Nine of Swords

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
How dare you?!
And you call yourself a Baltimorean?!
By the way, what is Old Bay?
:)
It's the Baltimoranian version of "Old Spice". A whole line of personal care products that smell like an "Old Bay", you know; fishguts, bilge waste, sea water, and despair.

Not really, it's actually a pretty good spice blend for seafood and other stuff. We Southerners have begun to use it occasionally as well although is probably the most popular (at least with people in Texas and Louisiana)
IMG_4481 (1).jpg

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
It's the Baltimoranian version of "Old Spice". A whole line of personal care products that smell like an "Old Bay", you know; fishguts, bilge waste, sea water, and despair.

Not really, it's actually a pretty good spice blend for seafood and other stuff. We Southerners have begun to use it occasionally as well although is probably the most popular (at least with people in Texas and Louisiana)
View attachment 2625587
For what it's worth, the talk of Old Bay actually is related to Mythos, as it's going to come up at some point - learning about what it is now will put you "in the know" for when that part of the game happens, so you saved yourself some Googling later!

This whole thing has been "on topic"!

Not quite on topic - Morgana (my partner) hates Old Bay, but she's from Louisiana... she makes sure we always have Tony's (which I hate).

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
For what it's worth, the talk of Old Bay actually is related to Mythos, as it's going to come up at some point - learning about what it is now will put you "in the know" for when that part of the game happens, so you saved yourself some Googling later!

This whole thing has been "on topic"!

Not quite on topic - Morgana (my partner) hates Old Bay, but she's from Louisiana... she makes sure we always have Tony's (which I hate).
I knew I liked her for some reason (y)

That picture is from Breaux Mart in Metairie, Louisiana just outside of New Orleans. I drink chicory coffee and my wife is Cajun so whenever we pass through La. or I go there fishing for redfish we stock up on coffee, spices, boudin, andouille, Camillia red beans.....damn, I'm hungry now

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
That picture is from Breaux Mart in Metairie, Louisiana just outside of New Orleans. I drink chicory coffee and my wife is Cajun so whenever we pass through La. or I go there fishing for redfish we stock up on coffee, spices, boudin, andouille, Camillia red beans.....damn, I'm hungry now
Your wife can speak French with that ancient accent I don't understand?
About French food, do you know "saucisson de Lyon" and "Saint-Agaûne"? The best dried sausages. Saint-Agaûne is very hard, you have to cut it in really thin slices.
Well, it's drifting on off-topic matters, like a preceding conversation about taigeis (haggis)... :LOL:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Your wife can speak French with that ancient accent I don't understand?
About French food, do you know "saucisson de Lyon" and "Saint-Agaûne"? The best dried sausages. Saint-Agaûne is very hard, you have to cut it in really thin slices.
Well, it's drifting on off-topic matters, like a preceding conversation about taigeis (haggis)... :LOL:
She doesn't unfortunately, but she has lots of relatives that do. I always describe boudin as haggis with rice instead of oats and lots of spice and haggis as mild boudin with oats instead of rice depending on who I'm describing them to :ROFLMAO:

TARA IS THE BEST GIRL!.....on topic, see, veeeeery much on topic here.....no off topic to see here...look, here's a picture to prove it.

TaraDance.gif

Soraiya

Feb 26, 2022
Ok..now I am curious, let me know what you think. I may want to try that. As a retired chef I use old bay on crabs (duh Baltimore) grilled corn on the cob after little butter, a mean Chicken Baltimore which is boneless chicken breast stuffed with lump seasoned old bay crab meat and of course Maryland crab cakes, mainly Eastern Shore style.
Still not sure, but it's growing on me. The first time I had it, it definitely tasted weird - like I was missing the seafood taste with it, (not that I'm even sure if I'd remember it since I've been a vegetarian for years now ;) ) but getting more used to it each time I eat them. Personally, would have gone a bit lighter on the Old Bay to help it blend a bit more into the crackers, but I'm sure the Old Bay folks would have refused to put their name on the bag if it wasn't screaming OLD BAY! If you see them, they're certainly worth a shot.

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes