VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I feel truly blessed that most of my player base understands that Mythos is a side-project for me that I'm doing alongside everything else in my life. ♥ It's been over six months since the last update and y'all are still telling me to make sure I rest, and I appreciate that (even if I still feel horrendous guilt at how slow I am as a dev).

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I feel truly blessed that most of my player base understands that Mythos is a side-project for me that I'm doing alongside everything else in my life. ♥ It's been over six months since the last update and y'all are still telling me to make sure I rest, and I appreciate that (even if I still feel horrendous guilt at how slow I am as a dev).
Slow is okay if the result is great. And the result *is* great!

That said, I disagree that you are slow. You are fast considering you are a one-person team working in your spare time and still get this quality out.

Clutchfrog

Jan 3, 2021
You take as much time as you need till it feels right to you. You are doing more than these Devs that just up and abandon their projects never to be seen or heard from again (did they get swallowed up by the Internet Monster?!?!?!?)

Sorry I have been AWOL for a bit, but I was preparing for my friends wedding which occurred June 30th. It was beautiful even though the 18 hour drive both ways was a kick in the pelotas. Got home early this morning from Lee's Summit Missouri (3am for frick sakes). Hope the kitty is doing well Nine, and if you want 4 more, let me know (Just kidding, my roommate would kill me)

P.S.
I was just informed that I should have put huveos instead of pelotas....DAMN YOU GOOGLE TRANSLATE!!! (Thank God I have my own Mexican.....the roommate that is )

Last edited:

ggregger33

Mar 19, 2021
Hiya. I have not posted here but I have been passionately waiting for the update like most. I was wonder if you could maybe like estimate how far you are to putting a new update out in like a % done kind of thing? I do not even need a time frame as I do not want you or everyone else to think I am pressuring you. Just a curiosity I have.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Hiya. I have not posted here but I have been passionately waiting for the update like most. I was wonder if you could maybe like estimate how far you are to putting a new update out in like a % done kind of thing? I do not even need a time frame as I do not want you or everyone else to think I am pressuring you. Just a curiosity I have.
View attachment 2734921

Weekly Update - June 30th, 2023

Only two scenes left?!?

The link has the most recent update with the most recent information about where the game is at ... as it says, these are posted weekly and Nine shares them here, so you don't have to search far for them.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Elhemeer posted the link, but if you ever want to see the current progress and not dig for my latest update post in this thread, you can just go to the and the latest news post will be on the front page. :)

To answer your question more directly, however - I'm currently rendering the last scene! It's the sex scene so it will take a bit, but I still hope to have it all done and have the beta build out to my testing team next week.

Clutchfrog

Jan 3, 2021
View attachment 2751440

Weekly Update - July 7th, 2023

Holy crap, is it almost over?!

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! It Can't almost be over We need more Baltimore based stories instead of the dribble being released from those other Devz (Note to other devs....I like your dribble also, but trying to get Nine to keep going)...Okay Temper Tantrum through.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! It Can't almost be over We need more Baltimore based stories instead of the dribble being released from those other Devz (Note to other devs....I like your dribble also, but trying to get Nine to keep going)...Okay Temper Tantrum through.
Worry not! I plan to keep making Mythos games until I die! We're just coming up on the end of the first game.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Led here due to a cameo by a character I think was called Mara (cousin to Mora, or something) in Bare Witness. I pulled up the teaser shots, then realize I HAVE TO PLAY THIS!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Haha... yes, Mara from Mythos is a quasi-important character in Bare Witness!

Likewise, there's a cameo from Bare Witness in Mythos. :D

Reactions: Son of Durin

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I can live with that....but that mean no dying dagnabit....I mean no excuses.......ok I am now actually done ranting..(I think)
If you are "done ranting" then you are an amateur! And a quitter! NO QUITTING! Ranting in a meaningful and insightful manner is an artform that is becoming lost in the online world of teen angst and anonymity!

To ruin Dylan Thomas:

"Do not go gentle into that forum tonight,
feelings should burn and rage at the close of day;
Rant, rant against the neckbeards hiding from the light.

Though angry men at their keys know rage is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Rant not gentle, and to that; good night."

HogRocketLibrary01.jpg

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes