VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Oh, this is definitely just the first step into my world (thus the "Book One"). Book Two will be a new story, and I'll just put this out here: after much deliberation I've decided that the MC of Book Two will once again be Ky Nelson (Kylie or Kyle, your choice). I had some ideas of other characters as the possible MC (like Jodi/Joseph Nelson, who you see in Chapter Four), but I think Ky has a lot more story that needs to be told right first.

As for the love interests in Book Two, it won't be the exact same set. Some may come back as continuing love interests, some may take a more background role in the second game, and some may not even be present due to being involved in other things or maybe dead. One of the characters in Book One is a killer, after all...
That is, mostly, awesome news. I would not exactly be happy if the loveinterest from this book dies ofc (angel), but we'll see I guess. :eek:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019
Total chapters is now finalized at 6!

Chapter Five is going to be the last "real" chapter (and really just the second half of Chapter Four).

Chapter Six is entirely you making your accusation and then seeing which ending you got. There's going to be 15 endings, so the chapter will be kinda big, but if you only want to see one ending it probably won't take you long.

Because of how it's set up though, you can make a save just before your accusation and play through that whole ending, then just reload that save and accuse other people to see how it plays out. I know not many people like having to play through a whole game over again just to see different stuff, so I've tried to make this as painless as possible in that regard.
1. I have to replay this because I lost my data for resetting my PC; so it's no problem I love the game so far; I was happy when I saw it finally updated and downloaded this quickly. Thank you!

2. Honestly, I don't replaying a game again to notice different outcomes for fun, all you have to do is use the ctrl to skip the stuff you see until you are to make a choice and watching a new scene.

I'm basically have to do this because I am playing as both MCs with different romance routes.

I will mostly see most of the endings or all. I did the same in Being A DIK, Our Red String since they have a lot breaching and hidden, moments and dialogue. I like discovering new things so I posted them to others who are curious.

But Replaying BADIK when is way more exhausting that I use a mod to get certain moments at times.

3. Also how many chapters will Book 1 have? Will be 6 as you mention?

how many books are going to be in totally?

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Also how many chapters will Book 1 have? Will be 6 as you mention?

how many books are going to be in totally?
Six chapters and Book One is completely and totally done. The murder will be solved and the perpetrator will be revealed.

As for how many books total... well, I do plan to keep doing these until I die, so I guess that depends. I'm 43 now and in relatively good health except for the mild diabetes and high blood pressure...

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
There's going to be 15 endings, so the chapter will be kinda big, but if you only want to see one ending it probably won't take you long.

Because of how it's set up though, you can make a save just before your accusation and play through that whole ending, then just reload that save and accuse other people to see how it plays out.
So the 15 endings are literally "You accuse [suspect]", and then the ending is the fallout from that accusation?

I was curious if it was going to be multiple endings more along the lines of traditional visual novel branching paths, or maybe something more modular a la Fallout or Dragon Age (where you kind of get a slideshow ending and which version plays out depends on what you did in the game - so, for instance, you'd get one epilogue for Tara if you decided to date her, but a different one if you didn't, and so on for each major character or event).

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
As for how many books total... well, I do plan to keep doing these until I die, so I guess that depends. I'm 43 now and in relatively good health except for the mild diabetes and high blood pressure...
Now I have visions of a 96 year old wrinkle on legs looking up at her wife saying "do this tits on this slut look right to you".

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
So the 15 endings are literally "You accuse [suspect]", and then the ending is the fallout from that accusation?

I was curious if it was going to be multiple endings more along the lines of traditional visual novel branching paths, or maybe something more modular a la Fallout or Dragon Age (where you kind of get a slideshow ending and which version plays out depends on what you did in the game - so, for instance, you'd get one epilogue for Tara if you decided to date her, but a different one if you didn't, and so on for each major character or event).
Hmmm... I'll try to put this in as non-spoilery a way as possible!

There will be the accusation, the fallout from the accusation, then the epiloque. The epilogue will change based on the choices you made, but the fallout from the accusation will be the real "meat" of the endings, if that makes sense?

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Hmmm... I'll try to put this in as non-spoilery a way as possible!

There will be the accusation, the fallout from the accusation, then the epiloque. The epilogue will change based on the choices you made, but the fallout from the accusation will be the real "meat" of the endings, if that makes sense?
I'm guessing there will be a canon ending that Ky identifies the murderer correctly, for Book 2. Or are you planning to import saves from Book 1 to 2?

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019
Six chapters and Book One is completely and totally done. The murder will be solved and the perpetrator will be revealed.

oh whoa I understand the High Blood Pressure and I also had high sleep apnea but it went to down. About diabetes I know people in my family that have it, and my family always worried that I might or could have if I don't watch my eating habits.

Plus, I have to take like two different types of meds for the high pressure, it's more concerning for me since I'm 24. It's good that your in good health and thank you for hardwork on the story and your dedication.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I'm guessing there will be a canon ending that Ky identifies the murderer correctly, for Book 2. Or are you planning to import saves from Book 1 to 2?
I do hope there is a canon killer, though it could be fun as a DLC to have a Clue type ending that has means and motive for all 15 suspects.
Hmm... I don't want to give anything away in regards to how the endings will work, but I have always said that there is a canon killer and has been the killer since the start.

As for importing saves, I don't think I'm going to do that. Book One has been my first project and there's a lot in the code I regret having done in the way that I did. Books Two and beyond will likely have a sort of approach like that Knights of the Old Republic 2 dialogue where you answer questions about what happened in the previous games.

oh whoa I understand the High Blood Pressure and I also had high sleep apnea but it went to down. About diabetes I know people in my family that have it, and my family always worried that I might or could have if I don't watch my eating habits.

Plus, I have to take like two different types of meds for the high pressure, it's more concerning for me since I'm 24. It's good that your in good health and thank you for hardwork on the story and your dedication.
Oh, I have pretty bad sleep apnea, too! I sleep with a CPAP machine. My diabetes is a very recent thing, but also something my doctor and I are pretty confident I can put into remission just with a few lifestyle changes that I've already started doing.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
What if Tara, Sophia, and/or B were the killer, though?
Then I would severely reprimand them and give them a spanking for murderising my ex then forgive them because I am a nice person ..... and they are part of the mini harem ....... and also hot.

I can forgive murder for hot people i'm sleeping with ... as long as they don't murder me because that I wouldn't forgive and would haunt them forever. At least 2 of them are immortal so it would be a long ass haunting.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
What if Tara, Sophia, and/or B were the killer, though?
Honestly my biggest question would be why, because I don't think either would murder her in fit of preemptive jealousy over an Ex who broke up with the MC anyway, which seems like it would be the only real link there for all 3 at once. :unsure: :LOL:

L3z1l3

Aug 19, 2018
I previously played this game in chapter 2.

I don't like the way the models changed. (n)

MythosCh2-Ch4.png MythosCh2-Ch4_2.png MythosCh2-Ch4_3.png

Basically the models became more cartoonish, with larger eyes, more angular face shapes etc..

It's a shame because I really liked some of the original ones. :cry:

I don't mind if a game has a more cartoonish style if it's done well, but while some of the original models were amongst the best ones amongst realistic looking models the new ones are average at most within their own style.

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
I previously played this game in chapter 2.

I don't like the way the models changed. (n)

View attachment 2802647 View attachment 2802649 View attachment 2802650

Basically the models became more cartoonish, with larger eyes, more angular face shapes etc..

It's a shame because I really liked some of the original ones. :cry:

I don't mind if a game has a more cartoonish style if it's done well, but while some of the original models were amongst the best ones amongst realistic looking models the new ones are average at most within their own style.
Looking at these screenshots I have to agree. The images on the right look "waxy" to me. I'm personally a fan of large eyes so that doesn't bother me. But over-all I have to agree, the images on the left look better. If that wax-like sheen can be removed I think the new character models would look much better.

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes