VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I previously played this game in chapter 2.

I don't like the way the models changed. (n)

View attachment 2802647 View attachment 2802649 View attachment 2802650

Basically the models became more cartoonish, with larger eyes, more angular face shapes etc..

It's a shame because I really liked some of the original ones. :cry:

I don't mind if a game has a more cartoonish style if it's done well, but while some of the original models were amongst the best ones amongst realistic looking models the new ones are average at most within their own style.
I actually agree! Not many people noticed the change between Chapter Two and Three, but I definitely did. I just don't... know how to fix it.

Something I installed in Daz seems to have done something to all my female models. It may have even been the same Daz program update that completely eradicated my categorization system and made me sort through all my assets manually.

I have every character saved as their own file and I didn't modify those at all (except to change Tara and Sophia's hair), but there's some morph or something in one of the packages I got after Chapter Two that screwed with their heads. Even loading up full scenes from Chapter One results in the "new" versions of the characters being displayed.

Because of this, I'm actually avoiding installing anything new, or upgrading my Daz program at all, until after I finish Book One. After that, I'm going to just go through and remove all the stuff I don't use and hope that will get the characters back to how they looked before.

Looking at these screenshots I have to agree. The images on the right look "waxy" to me. I'm personally a fan of large eyes so that doesn't bother me. But over-all I have to agree, the images on the left look better. If that wax-like sheen can be removed I think the new character models would look much better.
I'm not sure what could be causing the sheen, other than maybe me using more lighting than before? From what I can tell, the thing that messed up my models didn't change any of the textures, so I don't know what makes them look shinier like that.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The only change that hit me was with Becki with an I.

Her face looks quite different and that one I noticed.

I mean, I did notice the others but they still looked like them.

Why is it I can think of a thousand different ways to mock someone yet when I want to try and make a point in a nice way I have no words for it ...... wow ....... i'm a bitch, like, well and truly......

Ah well....

I really like nine so was trying to say it nicely but the only way I can describe it is Becki with an I looked like your average good looking popular girl before this update and when I saw her in the cafe she looked like your average good looking popular girl after a year on crack.

I don't know daz so can't say why the others still look good but she looks like a 5 dollar a pop homeless prostitute but she had the most drastic change from whatever that daz update was.

Suits her really.

Pyrow

Mar 26, 2018
Why can't I progress pass book 3? Even with a fresh start?

Edit- it was bugged from the old mod I tried a fresh install instead of just dragging n dropping in the outdated folder.

Last edited:

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
I actually agree! Not many people noticed the change between Chapter Two and Three, but I definitely did. I just don't... know how to fix it.
Did it start with introducing the aide (blanking her name) from the Convocation? Later on it seems like slowly more models would have a kind of gap between their eyes and eyelids.

I don't know anything about Daz though -- or anything about the work put into these games -- and there are several developers with noticeably unique talent with it, Nine amongst them.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Guess I will find out when I get some time ;)
It's like Scooby Doo, but without Scrappy cos he was annoying, meets Debbie Does Dallas.

They investigate stuff and have sex, can't go wrong really.

I mean, it's more in depth than that and you have to actually pay attention cos you do need to solve the crime at the end and hope you get the right person .... or just the one you aren't hoping to do the bedroom mamba with.

Writing is good too, not saying that cos I like the dev it's legit good. I've got no problem telling people I like they made something sucky but I really like this one.

Funny too. Also, it has Athena from Bare Witness but sadly she has clothes on.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Did it start with introducing the aide (blanking her name) from the Convocation? Later on it seems like slowly more models would have a kind of gap between their eyes and eyelids.

I don't know anything about Daz though -- or anything about the work put into these games -- and there are several developers with noticeably unique talent with it, Nine amongst them.
Naw, Violet was made before Chapter Two. The first time I noticed this was actually during me making Chapter Three, come to think of it. Specifically, the scene where Becki (With an I) was coming down the stairs. I had to add a render of Becki (With an I) using an additional facial expression to that scene.

I loaded one of the frames from the scene (the one where she was smiling at the camera), modified the expression sliders to give her the "new" expression, then rendered it. When I tested the scene I noticed that when her expression changed to this new one, her eyes were way bigger and her skull shape was different, despite me not having modified those in any way.

I dunno if I'd say I have any talent with Daz, being as I can't figure this out. XD

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
It's like Scooby Doo, but without Scrappy cos he was annoying, meets Debbie Does Dallas.

They investigate stuff and have sex, can't go wrong really.

I mean, it's more in depth than that and you have to actually pay attention cos you do need to solve the crime at the end and hope you get the right person .... or just the one you aren't hoping to do the bedroom mamba with.

Writing is good too, not saying that cos I like the dev it's legit good. I've got no problem telling people I like they made something sucky but I really like this one.

Funny too. Also, it has Athena from Bare Witness but sadly she has clothes on.
So, a parody more or less ;)

It's missing a few tags I like to see, but nothing to major.

I've got so many games since I compress so many so I find some gems, been going through lately and just mas deleting a bunch haha, I know within 5-10 minutes if it's up my alley or not :lepew:

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Can't believe people like some of the other girls more than Sophie B Tarakins!!!!

Sorry, that was too good of a music reference to pass up.

• Haha
Reactions: Nine of Swords
4.80 star(s) 63 Votes