VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 62 Votes

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
We are concerned, given her venerable age.
Yeah, these young people today are very irresponsible.

I have access to a super-secret message exchange:

Nine: Sorry, the birthday party went too well. Morgi, please call my work and tell them I'm not coming in on Monday.

Morgana: Don't worry about Monday, it's already Wednesday. Where the hell are you?! The police are looking for you!!!

Nine: I don't know exactly, I'm in a railway station. Everyone speaks Spanish. People say it's Chile, but I don't believe them. I don't want to believe them...

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Just a quick note - I'm not dead! The reason for the delay in me saying anything is because I'm waiting on confirmation of something that I thought I'd have by Sunday. Hopefully I'll have it by this weekend so I can make a big announcement!
My initial thought with something like this is that you're pregnant... But I feel like that's neither desired nor remotely probable...

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
VERY much undesired and - short of Morgi sprouting a functional wang - impossible!
So it's an immaculate conception then?! All hail Nine o' Swords our Lady of Lewdity!

Eta: joking aside, I cant even imagine how stressful life would be if humans could go all lizard and immaculately conceive... I'm a family dude, so the possibility of kids for my wife and I has always been an if it happens cool thing, but the year she was on chemo so we werent doing the deed... A baby just appearing would have been crazy stressful. And chemo seems like just the kind of thing that would trigger it if it were possible...

Sometimes my brain has weird tangents.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Steam Announcement.jpg

Mythos on Steam!

Some have noticed I didn't post a weekly update last week. It was because I was working on this: Mythos is coming to Steam! It took a bit more finagling than I'd thought, but I got there!

The full details of what this means for the future of Mythos and the release of the final chapter of Book One will be detailed in the Weekly Update coming this Sunday (the 15th), but if you would be so kind as to add Mythos to your Steam Wishlists I'd really appreciate it - that puts me into the algorithm that makes my game more visible somehow. It's magic or something, I dunno.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
View attachment 4031232

Mythos on Steam!

Some have noticed I didn't post a weekly update last week. It was because I was working on this: Mythos is coming to Steam! It took a bit more finagling than I'd thought, but I got there!

The full details of what this means for the future of Mythos and the release of the final chapter of Book One will be detailed in the Weekly Update coming this Sunday (the 15th), but if you would be so kind as to add Mythos to your Steam Wishlists I'd really appreciate it - that puts me into the algorithm that makes my game more visible somehow. It's magic or something, I dunno.

So, finally, no baby in the oven?
You mean, I've passed the whole day searching for baby names, so I could give Morgana and you a full list to choose from, for nothing?!

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
View attachment 4031232

Mythos on Steam!

Screenshot 2024-09-13 171321.png

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
View attachment 4031232

Mythos on Steam!

Congrats!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
if you would be so kind as to add Mythos to your Steam Wishlists
Okay, I added it.

sing
" Top ten lists, you're on a roll
Playboy, Forbes, and Interpol"

So, finally, no baby in the oven?
Of course there is, it's called Mythos Book Two. The subtitle is still undecided, it could be The Brutally Murdered Frog. Or The Death of Hullahopp. Depends on how much we piss off Nine.

Vlbc

Jul 23, 2022
Genuine question:

I don't know shit about coding, but how difficult would be for the dev to just erase the male protagonist model and make the game 100% POV on the male path?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Hullahopp

Dr. Mick

Nov 21, 2017
Genuine question:

I don't know shit about coding, but how difficult would be for the dev to just erase the male protagonist model and make the game 100% POV on the male path?
Not sure about how hard it would be at this point; a fair bit is already done.
I've seen games where the entire perspective was done in first person from the MC's PoV; they even went so far as to setup "shots" where there was a reflection to block the MC's face. Reminded me of that Resident Evil game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Vlbc

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
Genuine question:

Generally speaking, I don't know. The first book of Mythos is almost finished, at this point there will certainly be no such changes.

Reactions: Vlbc
4.80 star(s) 62 Votes