VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
We are making you part of our playing in the world you have built for us! :love:. You may think you made it for the MC and the girls, but you left the door open and we all wandered in and decided to stay because we like it. ;)
If you build a great playground, some of the children are bound to get rowdy! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 1715289
Hahah, no I honestly love it. Watching people theorize and stuff is a really great feeling!

Even if the theories are so incredibly wrong!

(Especially then...)

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Hahah, no I honestly love it. Watching people theorize and stuff is a really great feeling!

Even if the theories are so incredibly wrong!

(Especially then...)
I've already proved it. It's not a theory anymore.
1960s-portrait-pouting-angry-boy-arms-stock-photo__j11477.png
So there!

It's the March Commission Round-Up!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

See, you had to make this post to distract us from the werewolf proof/controversy and.......well......uh.......it...
might have worked
ShockedFace.jpg Man_in_love_drooling_over_a_pretty_girl.png

dangit![/QUOTE]

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I distract myself with Werewolves and the fact i'm literally salivating at having my own lesbiharem even if I will leave them all in the end to marry the shit out of Tara ... she is love.

I distract myself because for the first part I felt quite bad at my girls ex getting in trouble in leaving to keep her safe ONLY to find out that wasn't the case and she left to shack up with one of those murderers of magic.

One was not amused.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I distract myself with Werewolves and the fact i'm literally salivating at having my own lesbiharem even if I will leave them all in the end to marry the shit out of Tara ... she is love.

I distract myself because for the first part I felt quite bad at my girls ex getting in trouble in leaving to keep her safe ONLY to find out that wasn't the case and she left to shack up with one of those murderers of magic.

One was not amused.
I know we're only two chapters in, but surely by now you've figured out things aren't usually what they seem...

Though which thing is it, in this case? :unsure:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I know we're only two chapters in, but surely by now you've figured out things aren't usually what they seem...

I gather she went to them for help with something but i'm a petty bitch and hope ghost ex feels bad.

I don't know if it's a spoiler or not but i'll ask anyway. When it comes to girls and the romance side of things, is it solo endings or groups or both or does everyone sail off into the sunset alone and sad?

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020

Most things I would guess.
I'd be shocked, shocked I say, if anything turn out the way I think they will, cuse I'm a dum-dum when it comes to figuring out these kind of things:LOL:.

• Haha
Reactions: HogRocket

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I don't know if it's a spoiler or not but i'll ask anyway. When it comes to girls and the romance side of things, is it solo endings or groups or both or does everyone sail off into the sunset alone and sad?
It's not a super-spoiler, since the romance is really a "side game" to Mythos; each girl you're involved with will have a different ending, and if you decide to go with more than one of them there'll just be a mention of polyamorous relationships -- though I may have a super-naughty ending if you decide to go with all the girls, if I have the time. There's also the asexual ending!

I'm currently not sure if the MC will stay the same in Book Two, or if I introduce a new character, or if Book Two's main character is someone else from Book One (I keep wanting to do a prequel game where you play as Tara or Lisa, but I worry about people not wanting to do a female MC game with no male option).

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It's not a super-spoiler, since the romance is really a "side game" to Mythos; each girl you're involved with will have a different ending, and if you decide to go with more than one of them there'll just be a mention of polyamorous relationships -- though I may have a super-naughty ending if you decide to go with all the girls, if I have the time. There's also the asexual ending!

I'm currently not sure if the MC will stay the same in Book Two, or if I introduce a new character, or if Book Two's main character is someone else from Book One (I keep wanting to do a prequel game where you play as Tara or Lisa, but I worry about people not wanting to do a female MC game with no male option).
Ahhh, I get you now so the books are entirely different stories not sequels per say.

So Book One completely deals with this storyline?

I know a group of people exist on here that really hate playing as female MC. I don't know how big that group is but it may limit your player base for that particular story.

That being said, if you do keep the same MC you'd be entering Mass Effect territory with romance options. Trying to balance choices from the previous game with new options.

I know that's only the side stuff but some of us do get right into the romance side of things.

All that said i'm not much of a writer when it comes to stories so the only advice I can give with regards to what happens next is don't plan it just yet.

We're still a ways off this reaching it's end point so see where the wind takes you when you see the end in sight. Maybe you have an idea where to take our MC and the gang from here on another adventure or another part of the story and those characters involved caught interest and you want to run with them. Could see the vampires side of things or any of the institutions.

You are creating an entire world here with some great lore, you could literally go anywhere with Book Two.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Ahhh, I get you now so the books are entirely different stories not sequels per say.

So Book One completely deals with this storyline?

I know a group of people exist on here that really hate playing as female MC. I don't know how big that group is but it may limit your player base for that particular story.

That being said, if you do keep the same MC you'd be entering Mass Effect territory with romance options. Trying to balance choices from the previous game with new options.

I know that's only the side stuff but some of us do get right into the romance side of things.

All that said i'm not much of a writer when it comes to stories so the only advice I can give with regards to what happens next is don't plan it just yet.

We're still a ways off this reaching it's end point so see where the wind takes you when you see the end in sight. Maybe you have an idea where to take our MC and the gang from here on another adventure or another part of the story and those characters involved caught interest and you want to run with them. Could see the vampires side of things or any of the institutions.

You are creating an entire world here with some great lore, you could literally go anywhere with Book Two.
Right! Book One's entire story is the mystery of Lisa's murder and getting to who did it. The resolution of the murder opens up a piece of the bigger world.

From there, I have a bunch of ideas -- some going forward as Kylie/Kyle as they learn more about some other facet of supernatural life (the Convocation, the Bureau, vampires, fae, the Cult of the Void, the [REDACTED UNTIL CHAPTER 3 RELEASE], etc). Some involve playing as another character (Lisa pre-death, Tara pre-Lisa-death, what Jodi's been up to, etc). And some even taking place in a part of the world that would reference what happened in Baltimore, but not involve any of those characters.

The "Mass Effect" problem has indeed crossed my mind (despite me being unable to actually play the games because of my motion sickness. *Sob*) -- I think that's a lot less of a problem since you don't have to be particularly monogamous with anybody. Though I'm sure it could affect who you may accuse of murder...

Having a new protagonist would mean I'd have to still carry over some data, like Nelson's gender and romantic entanglements, but also means that the new MC wouldn't have to worry about that stuff as they pursue whatever girls are still alive for Book Two. I have a lot to think about, but I still have about 4 chapters in Book One to get through (it should be no more than seven, total).

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
From there, I have a bunch of ideas -- some going forward as Kylie/Kyle as they learn more about some other facet of supernatural life (the Convocation, the Bureau, vampires, fae, the Cult of the Void, the [REDACTED UNTIL CHAPTER 3 RELEASE], etc). Some involve playing as another character (Lisa pre-death, Tara pre-Lisa-death, what Jodi's been up to, etc). And some even taking place in a part of the world that would reference what happened in Baltimore, but not involve any of those characters.
Yes to all of this, would love to play more games set in your world and especialy the opportunity to see the world form the pov of someone other than Kylie(I for one have no problem playing a femMC only game).

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I'm guessing that concerns the non-existant "man-dog" people?
Hah! No, actually -- there's still quite a few characters in Book One that you don't know what they exactly are. It's one of those.

Yes to all of this, would love to play more games set in your world and especialy the opportunity to see the world form the pov of someone other than Kylie(I for one have no problem playing a femMC only game).
There's another kinda issue about this that I just thought of. Let's say I write the next book from the POV of someone that Kylie/Kyle gets into a relationship with during Book One. If they have different love interests during Book Two, I'd very likely have to deal with people squealing about how it's "NTR" (which it wouldn't be, since polyamory is not cheating). I dunno if I wanna deal with that headache.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
There's another kinda issue about this that I just thought of. Let's say I write the next book from the POV of someone that Kylie/Kyle gets into a relationship with during Book One. If they have different love interests during Book Two, I'd very likely have to deal with people squealing about how it's "NTR" (which it wouldn't be, since polyamory is not cheating). I dunno if I wanna deal with that headache.
That is a very likely issue.

I don't think it would be a huge issue because most of us understand how poly works. Just drop a line about Kyle/Kylie being around and things are going well but they aren't monogamous and that just about covers it.

Lets people know they are still together but, as per how everyone has opened up in Book One, pretty much everyone is open to a poly relationship and there is no jealousy involved so new MC is free to bring anyone else they feel like into the relationship and by the end of the series they will probably need their own private island because the harem grew that much.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Lets people know they are still together but, as per how everyone has opened up in Book One, pretty much everyone is open to a poly relationship and there is no jealousy involved so new MC is free to bring anyone else they feel like into the relationship and by the end of the series they will probably need their own private island because the harem grew that much.
If they all survive! There's a murderer about.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I know I'm probably a complete weirdo by doing so but I played the game with multiple saves and only being monogamous with the characters I liked. So it would make even less sense since the polyamory explanation wouldn't work and would add another headache, but since I'm probably the only person playing that way I suppose it wouldn't matter.:KEK:

Sep 3, 2020
Hah! No, actually -- there's still quite a few characters in Book One that you don't know what they exactly are. It's one of those.

well I love monogamy and I don't like to cheat so as long as monogamy

is an option I don't really care

as long as it's not forced

by the way I'm downloading the game right now I haven't played it since Chapter1 because I was saving all the updates so I would have a longer game to play

but I'm too excited and I can't wait anymore

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I know I'm probably a complete weirdo by doing so but I played the game with multiple saves and only being monogamous with the characters I liked. So it would make even less sense since the polyamory explanation wouldn't work and would add another headache, but since I'm probably the only person playing that way I suppose it wouldn't matter.:KEK:
I know of a few doing it like that! You're not alone! :)

well I love monogamy and I don't like to cheat so as long as monogamy

is an option I don't really care

as long as it's not forced
It's always gonna be optional. Everything involving romance is optional, so you can be with as many (or as few) of the girls as you like. :D

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I always have multiple saves anyway.

Main save has Tara as my solo girl. She's awesome and I want one run where it's just Kylie and her. They coud have been long term lovers but life kept them apart until fate brought them back. It's super romantic and, let's be honest, she's hot and Ava likes.

She is the absolute best woman that turns into a giant dog that is absolutely not a Werewolf.

I have 3 mono routes planned for the 3 magic girls and then a save for going full vagitarian and eating all the vag in sight because vag's are healthy and taste good....

Sep 3, 2020
I think and this is just my opinion but that would be unfair to all the players who love monogamy

because it would be saying that your story. you played his non-canon and only the polyamory player stories count
:cry: :cry:

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes