VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
I love Lindsey. She has so much fun doing what she does that it's infectious. The first time I saw her on YouTube was a collaboration with Pentatonix when they were starting to make it big.
I think the first time I really heard either of them was in their collab to cover Radioactive. Which I liked, because I liked Radioactive at the time.

(And the only reason I knew Radioactive at all was because I'd seen it in the Assassin's Creed III trailer. So it's funny how the chain of dominos can fall.)

While Nickelback is aggressively boring...
I think the biggest problem with Nickelback is that they were so damned huge for a while, people got sick of them. People today forget how popular they were then, back before it became cool to hate them.

As tastes change and people reevaluate past music trends the attitude towards them has shifted, but they were never really bad.

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
I think the biggest problem with Nickelback is that they were so damned huge for a while, people got sick of them. People today forget how popular they were then, back before it became cool to hate them.

As tastes change and people reevaluate past music trends the attitude towards them has shifted, but they were never really bad.
I do remember how big they were and I thought they were boring 20 years ago(outside of a few songs that are good).
Also hating on them is more or less a meme by this point.
And you're right they never were bad, like for instance Limp Bizkit that has always sucked.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I don't mind Nickelback, really -- they're generic at worst. Not aggressively, irritatingly awful like Coldplay. Every time I heard "Yellow" on the radio it made me want to punch everything in my vicinity.
Nickelback was an easy target due to the internet meme of hating them. I'm not sure I could pick a Coldplay song out of a police lineup, I don't remember them ever making an impression on me at all.

Oh SHIT! I went and looked up "Yellow" baaaaaaaaaad mistake. I DO remember that, it made me want to slit my wrists everytime it came on......every 8 minutes or so.
PukeEmoji.png

must go listen to some Scandanavian Death Metal to clear my head!!!

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
No, after your comments on it I've been afraid to even watch it! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
As you should be!

There's so much debate over if it's horrible on purpose or not. On one hand, it's so bad that you can't imagine anybody writing something like that as anything other than satire.

On the other hand... people never cease to amaze me with how badly they can do things. :unsure:

And on a minor game update note; today I actually managed to churn out 4000 words by 6 PM. That's particularly notable because I usually don't crawl out of bed until noon on Saturdays.

I think I may just write the entire thing, then put it into code, then do the renders last, instead of the way I did it before (writing it in the coding program so I'm writing and coding at the same time, then doing the renders for each scene as I finish them).

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
As you should be!

There's so much debate over if it's horrible on purpose or not. On one hand, it's so bad that you can't imagine anybody writing something like that as anything other than satire.

On the other hand... people never cease to amaze me with how badly they can do things. :unsure:
It has me torn.

On one hand it's truly god awful to read. It does sound off like an emo teenagers wet dream....

On the other hand it also reads like someone mocking emo teenagers.

The thing that has me on the fence about it are the spelling mistakes. It's one thing to get words wrong but to repeatedly do so to the same words while occasionally getting them right looks purposeful.

Her name for instance, Ebony. It gets spelled out in several different ways so it's either someone really young, a terrible writer that doesn't know spell check or proof reading are actual things or it's satire.

I want to believe it's satire but because I want it to be satire it makes me think it probably isn't.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
As you should be!

And on a minor game update note; today I actually managed to churn out 4000 words by 6 PM. That's particularly notable because I usually don't crawl out of bed until noon on Saturdays.

I think I may just write the entire thing, then put it into code, then do the renders last, instead of the way I did it before (writing it in the coding program so I'm writing and coding at the same time, then doing the renders for each scene as I finish them).
I'm not sure I could even speak 4000 words in a day, let alone write coherent, thoughtful, story prose! There goes my chances of ever making an epic, life changing Ren'Py game!
neil-patrick-harris-sad.gif

(well, that an any talent for it...)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
You know Nine as a fellow goth connoisseur I'm kind of disappointed there isn't a goth Romance option in this game yet. B is kind of one but she doesn't hate the world enough or have severe enough daddy issues for her to count for me. Any chance there is a possible goth romance option to come in this game just curious.

Also if anyone wants to see just how terrible the Harry Potter fanfic Nine is referencing actually is this youtube video by the internet historian does a good job of explaining it if anyone wants to get the joke:
Any of you who made it through this are stronger than me. I only made it as far as the GC concert. Between the involuntary vomiting, my ears bleeding and the hoofbeats of the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse bearing down on me - I could no longer concentrate.

HogTomb2A.png

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Any of you who made it through this are stronger than me. I only made it as far as the GC concert. Between the involuntary vomiting, my ears bleeding and the hoofbeats of the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse bearing down on me - I could no longer concentrate.
:ROFLMAO:You need to suffer through and watch all three videos so you can become enlightened by witnessing one of the greatest literary works of all time. Your life will be much better for it and you will have a new lease on life.

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
No, after your comments on it I've been afraid to even watch it! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I had the opposite reaction. Those comments made me watch them because I couldn't imagine they would be that bad.

And the rest of my day has been spent trying to do normal stuff and tears keep welling in my eyes and I choke back a sob because I want to support fandom and the various ways they manifest but then it's like how to responsibly and empathetically deter people from making such a flailing wreck.

It's so cold in the D.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
:ROFLMAO:You need to suffer through and watch all three videos so you can become enlightened by witnessing one of the greatest literary works of all time. Your life will be much better for it and you will have a new lease on life.
Maybe after I'm over this cold, sinus infection, plague, tuberculosis.....whatever it is.....I'll have the strength to finish it. The only thing that kept me going that long was hearing the guys doing the voices trying not to crack up while they were doing it. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Rinbael

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
IntelPPM stands for Intel processor power management, and the SYS file is the driver used for power management of the intel processor. It is responsible for checking the performance and cooling.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
IntelPPM stands for Intel processor power management, and the SYS file is the driver used for power management of the intel processor. It is responsible for checking the performance and cooling.
Well... I haven't overheated yet, and the only BSODs I ever got was when it was active. So it sucks at it's job! :mad:

Reactions: damnedfrog
4.80 star(s) 63 Votes