VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
Oh, I can swim very well! But I don't like natural water. There's corpses in there!!!
I see, what I was trying to say was that I would have been anxious during the boat trip too, but not because I dislike water, but because I would have been afraid to drown.

Was planing on using a gif with a sad man here, but I saw that the man in the gif was Chris Martin,
and I don't want to piss off Nine:LOL:.

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
I love to fish, mostly streams and rivers, and do go out on lakes some...but the ocean scares the crap out of me. It's miles deep in spots and a long way from everywhere. On top of that.....well....I've saw "Jaws" right before going to the beach one time and.... :oops::ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Having spent countless summer and winter days fishing with my grandfather, I totaly agree with you.
Have you seen all the scary crap that lives in the ocean:eek:, I say it's best too keep as far away as posible.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
It's funny about your stepdad. I'm older than I will admit to here, and I haven't turned on a TV except to watch a movie in years. I watched a lot as a kid, but after college (and especially when "reality" tv came along) I lost all interest in sitting in front of the tv drooling in a stupor.
I'm in my mid-40s (yes, I will admit to it, you're all cowards!).

Personally, I stopped watching TV almost entirely about 10+ years ago. Apart from a rare occasional show I specifically watch with my SO (who watches way more TV than I do), I barely watch anything on cable. And I don't really watch streaming at all.

But I sort of watch YouTube the way a lot of older people watch TV. I'll watch specific shows ("Ooh, [insert channel here] came out with a new video, guess I'll watch that!", ) and then when I run out of new content I tend to just go back and rewatch old videos I watched years ago. Sometimes I'll watch gaming content, sometimes I watch historical or science content, and sometimes I watch music. But my viewing habits are a lot closer to "flipping channels" than it is "appointment television" or the sort of way most people watch streaming services.

Granted, most of the time while I'm watching videos I'm doing something else (often playing Minecraft or Stardew Valley or something), because I've become a pathological multitasker. I am playing a video right now as I type this. So a lot of the videos I watch are more akin to podcasts than they are to actual shows (where I listen more than watch).

But I basically just feel like I'm out of touch with everyone my own age and older, while simultaneously thinking most of the people who are younger than me have terrible taste. :p

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
But I basically just feel like I'm out of touch with everyone my own age and older, while simultaneously thinking most of the people who are younger than me have terrible taste. :p
I'm in my late 20s, and I already feel like that. The TV and YT thing is also the same. So despite our age difference, I don't think we're different in that regard.

Reactions: Dylan741

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020

Personally, I stopped watching TV almost entirely about 10+ years ago. Apart from a rare occasional show I specifically watch with my SO (who watches way more TV than I do), I barely watch anything on cable. And I don't really watch streaming at all.

But I sort of watch YouTube the way a lot of older people watch TV. I'll watch specific shows ("Ooh, [insert channel here] came out with a new video, guess I'll watch that!", ) and then when I run out of new content I tend to just go back and rewatch old videos I watched years ago. Sometimes I'll watch gaming content, sometimes I watch historical or science content, and sometimes I watch music. But my viewing habits are a lot closer to "flipping channels" than it is "appointment television" or the sort of way most people watch streaming services.

Granted, most of the time while I'm watching videos I'm doing something else (often playing Minecraft or Stardew Valley or something), because I've become a pathological multitasker. I am playing a video right now as I type this. So a lot of the videos I watch are more akin to podcasts than they are to actual shows (where I listen more than watch).

Even tho I'm about 10 years younger than you, all of this sounds rather familiar.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019

Ah!Ah! Sorry no I simply forgot to write it ( I have the memory of a goldfish sometimes...:LOL:), Im 48 yo but I do mostly the same things you do as well.
:)

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
Friday Update - June 24th, 2022
Only TV that I usually watch is during the summer when I'm stuck in a motel because of work. So I usually watch some TV till about 8 and then go to bed. My parents watch mostly old westerns all day like gunsmoke but one also likes to watch mash.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

Yeah, I will admit to watching a fair bit of YouTube. Mostly things around my hobbies or interests. Lately it's been lots of Daz and GIMP tutorials :ROFLMAO:

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Not sure if there's a way to embed a video clip on here short of putting it on YouTube (and this tiny snippet is hardly worth a YouTube upload), but I wanted to share the tiniest bit of the intro animation I'm working on. I've now done enough classes in After Effects to work in it... though probably not as efficiently than if I'd finished the course (which I will be doing).

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Not sure if there's a way to embed a video clip on here short of putting it on YouTube (and this tiny snippet is hardly worth a YouTube upload), but I wanted to share the tiniest bit of the intro animation I'm working on. I've now done enough classes in After Effects to work in it... though probably not as efficiently than if I'd finished the course (which I will be doing).

Love it, and the runes are a nice detail, very interesting. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

I found that works well. You upload a vid there, then in the post here, you choose the "insert" tab, then "media" from the options then enter the address you copy from Streamable

Example I used on the Summer's Gone thread:

They delete videos after a time limit on the free account. I don't know how much the paid account is
(in fact this video is due to be deleted soon :ROFLMAO: )

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020

Love it.:)
Nice touch that her (named after Odin's wolves:unsure:) dogs are there too,
perhaps a hint towards her fluffy nature:unsure:.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
But... but... where is our gorgeous Rain ?!
:)
She's the next one after B! I need to pause development on the video to take more classes, because the only things I can think of for Rain's portion would involve techniques I haven't learned yet (if they exist). Hers may be the most complicated of all of them (except for maybe Monica's).

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
She's the next one after B! I need to pause development on the video to take more classes, because the only things I can think of for Rain's portion would involve techniques I haven't learned yet (if they exist). Hers may be the most complicated of all of them (except for maybe Monica's).
No rush, I was just teasing you :)

But, I would have thought that the most complicated scene will be Tara metamorphosing in her werewolf form... :LOL:

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
worth to play ,guys ? it looks interesting but it is completed ?
Well, I can't say for you, as we may have totally different tastes, but I find it's definitely worth playing this game. Great story, good humor, interesting world, hot girls (but who are not just some kind of bimbo, they all have their own personality and mystery), and some steamy actions ;).
Also, Nine of Swords is a great dev (but she has too much imposter syndrome to admit it :)). She keep us informed on a weekly basis (usually every Friday) about the progress of the game. Even if for a reason or another, she has not progressed since the previous week. And also, she regularly writes short side stories, which allow to see things from a different angle, give some new perspectives, or simply flesh out the world of Mythos.
And finally, there is a little good community on this thread. It's a pleasure just to hang out here.

But don't play it if you only want sex, because it's not the main interest of this game and you will be disappointed if it's only what you want..

About the difficulty of this game, which would be to resolve a murder mystery, it's hard to say for now.
I don't think we have reach the middle of the story yet. So there must be some characters we still haven't see, clue we haven't found yet, and bad leads that we haven't come across yet.

The only drawback is that Nine of Swords continues to claim that werewolves do not exist, when we all know it's a lie, and that one day, the truth will prevail :ROFLMAO:.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Well, I can't say for you, as we may have totally different tastes, but I find it's definitely worth playing this game. Great story, good humor, interesting world, hot girls (but who are not just some kind of bimbo, they all have their own personality and mystery), and some steamy actions ;).
Also, Nine of Swords is a great dev (but she has too much imposter syndrome to admit it :)). She keep us informed on a weekly basis (usually every Friday) about the progress of the game. Even if for a reason or another, she has not progressed since the previous week. And also, she regularly writes short side stories, which allow to see things from a different angle, give some new perspectives, or simply flesh out the world of Mythos.
And finally, there is a little good community on this thread. It's a pleasure just to hang out here.

But don't play it if you only want sex, because it's not the main interest of this game and you will be disappointed if it's only what you want..

About the difficulty of this game, which would be to resolve a murder mystery, it's hard to say for now.
I don't think we have reach the middle of the story yet. So there must be some characters we still haven't see, clue we haven't found yet, and bad leads that we haven't come across yet.

The only drawback is that Nine of Swords continues to claim that werewolves do not exist, when we all know it's a lie, and that one day, the truth will prevail :ROFLMAO:.
Exactly.
Nine of Swords is also fun to pester and has a great sense of humor about our "misbehavior" on here and fires right back.

except for the *cough* *cough* werewolf *cough* *cough* issue :unsure:

:LOL::LOL:

(I'm quite sure this is coming soon though.....)
NineSniperscope.png

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes