VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

Abelgray

Aug 17, 2020
Not sure if its significant to the story in future chapters or just creator using pre-made models but did anyone notice that the diner waitresses seem to be at the vampire gala? I am thinking the former considering the three are standing together.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Abelgray

Aug 17, 2020
Not sure if its significant to the story in future chapters or just creator using pre-made models but did anyone notice that the diner waitresses seem to be at the vampire gala? I am thinking the former considering the three are standing together.
The creator posting the thinking emoji to my comment has me floored and made my day. Especially since I am not sure which way this will go.

• Haha

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'm gonna sound like a right buzz kill here.

I didn't think seeing someone attend a social gathering outside of work was anything important.

The area is a hotbed of the supernatural, magical and all other weirdness so it's hardly surprising someone local to the area would be at a gathering like that.

• Thinking Face

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
So wait - am I the only one here who remembers that Nine already told us who the waitress actually is?

Or, at least, who she's based on...
I think one issue with the Waitresses is that they're meta-references; if you don't know other adult games you may not get the "joke" there. (I'm about to add a *Waiter* even, as a male dev has an avatar he's sent me to use!)

Something in Chapter Three is going to make the diner's meta-function more explicit, so that people who didn't get the (very hard) "What if God Was One of Us?" achievement will catch on. Especially once the game goes to Steam, I don't want to make the references too obscure -- I just wanted one that would be a nice "inside joke" to people who play a lot of other games in our sphere.

Also: In Chapter Three, if you get the achievement, the Waitress' name will no longer be "Teri", but "Nine". That should be pretty explicit!

Abelgray

Aug 17, 2020
I'm gonna sound like a right buzz kill here.

I didn't think seeing someone attend a social gathering outside of work was anything important.

The area is a hotbed of the supernatural, magical and all other weirdness so it's hardly surprising someone local to the area would be at a gathering like that.
The social event was invite only and to supernaturals, so I thought it could be significant later in the story that the three waitresses happened to show up briefly in the background (hard to miss the one with cotton candy hair.) We were told the one waitress had her model based on the dev but not if they were more to the story than easter eggs. I'm looking forward to finding out if they are or are not in due time.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The social event was invite only and to supernaturals,
Yes and it was mentioned a couple of times that the area was a hotbed for the supernatural and the magical, they were attracted to the place like flies.

If one of them is working in a tech store then it stands to reason they will also work as waitresses, bar staff, street cleaners etc because the are is full of the supernatural.

The only weird sight was Becki with I because she's apparently an average human and she was there.

A cat turning up with an invite belonging to someone else is weird.

A resident of a supernatural town turning up to a supernatural gala is probably one of the most normal things in the game.

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes