Velzies

Gone Away Forever
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2022
Could you give an example? What difference is there between the evil and less evil choices?
In Daeun's story arc, you can choose to help her by tailing her boyfriend or just taking her for yourself. The others choices are mostly just dialog differences.
Who play joplay android???
This game is not compatible with joiplay because of the 3D environment.

Velzies

Gone Away Forever
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2022
Hey everyone!

I have released the final version (1.0.0) of Najima Island publicly! Please see the first post of the thread to download it. For those who have played earlier versions, you can copy over the save files (Najima Island/www/save) from version 0.3 onward.

Please also . Even though the game is completed, the feedback provided you all provide will help me make a better game when I do return to h-game development in the future.

I had to rush a bit towards the ending due to IRL circumstances but it should still wrap everything up nicely regardless. In the end, the game is still primarily focused on possession and mind control, and the story around it. There are a few masturbation h-scenes, which are treated as side content. If you're looking for more intense stuff, this game may not be for you.

This is it - the game is now finished! It's been a long journey, about 8 months from start to finish, but now we're here at the finish line. Thanks for playing everyone!

Last edited:

DaiReth

Oct 14, 2021
We'll watch your career with great interest.

Only mind control game I can't get out of my head involved a robot from space. Game itself wasn't very good but the poetry translation gave us the best line in history when trying to translate "I'm taking a bath" to english:

"Manbarrel needs no washing"

Wish I remembered the name but this was literal decades ago.
"Robozou"? Something you said tingled my memory, and I looked through my flash games archive......forgot I even had it......

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Peacekeepr

RoseWulfLea

Jul 1, 2020
Hey everyone!

I have released the final version (1.0.0) of Najima Island publicly! Please see the first post of the thread to download it. For those who have played earlier versions, you can copy over the save files (Najima Island/www/save) from version 0.3 onward.

Please also . Even though the game is completed, the feedback provided you all provide will help me make a better game when I do return to h-game development in the future.

I had to rush a bit towards the ending due to IRL circumstances but it should still wrap everything up nicely regardless. In the end, the game is still primarily focused on possession and mind control, and the story around it. There are a few masturbation h-scenes, which are treated as side content. If you're looking for more intense stuff, this game may not be for you.

This is it - the game is now finished! It's been a long journey, about 8 months from start to finish, but now we're here at the finish line. Thanks for playing everyone!
Congrats on finishing the game, bummer about the lack of sexual content. I had been watching this with that hope, was this mentioned at the beginning at any point?

Reactions: SolusSama

Velzies

Gone Away Forever
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2022
Rip orb, thought I could keep it if I defeat the fairy without it :(
Would be too OP to save for later so I had to remove it if it's left unused. :LOL:
Congrats on finishing the game, bummer about the lack of sexual content. I had been watching this with that hope, was this mentioned at the beginning at any point?
Yup, this game originally didn't have sexual content which I gave a notice about in the 2nd post, I ended up adding a small amount. Admittedly, I'm not very good at them. The story was what got the most focus.
nice game thank you :love:
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it.
any sex scenes ?
Unfortunately not, there are only some masturbation scenes that are self-admittedly subpar as I am not very good at them. The focus of the game is on possession and the story around it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baranang

Feb 14, 2022
Congrats on finishing the game! It's a quite streamlined, but I enjoyed the aspect of mind controlling/possessing others and using them as assets in battle. Well done!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Velzies

plebard3000

Feb 22, 2022
Am I the only one that the camera is broken? When I start a new game all I see is the ceiling.

Same thing if I manage to go outside. 1703954737425.png

RoseWulfLea

Jul 1, 2020
Yup, this game originally didn't have sexual content which I gave a notice about in the 2nd post, I ended up adding a small amount. Admittedly, I'm not very good at them. The story was what got the most focus.
Honestly, I would suggest using a less hardcore engine if your going to make a game with such little content. I had tried it out before, and my laptop can barely run it with the 3d movement thing you got going on. And with the minimal content it makes it not worth it to even try again if I have to slog through the lag.

I would say the art is good and the concept is intriguing, the lack of sex content drags it down. What's the point of mind control if your not getting any.

Barbarossan

Nov 16, 2022
So, I finished the game, and while it wasn't quite what I was looking for, I at least stayed for the semi-captivating plot. Reminded me a lot of Nano Control, though I must admit Nano Control blows this out of the water. Now I'll admit that's rude of me to say, but I feel sincerity is better than flatly praising the game. So hear me out:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TLDR; possession and mind control aspects feel overall lacking, would like post-game romance content (esp. with Yuka), and just better character interactions in general would be awesome to patch up just how little you get to actually talk with everyone in the base game. Honestly though, thank you for the game, I genuinely liked it.

Velzies

Gone Away Forever
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2022
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I definitely made a lot of poor design choices as a first-timer newbie, and it shows.
Most notably, the 3D environment - not only did it hamper the player's experience (more demanding on older hardware, no joiplay, more angles to control, etc.), it also make development much more difficult. At first, I thought it was so cool, especially for a 2D engine, but that came back to haunt me.
The portrait always popping up with each event was also a bad design choice - but given the nature of RPGM, it is incredibly tedious to refactor or change anything on a larger scale. I compromised by adding a temporary hide hotkey (V) /button.

While the story was decent, I agree it definitely suffered from some pacing issues. This is largely due to some IRL circumstances that forced me to speed run through the development in the later half of the game. I also handled h-scenes poorly as well, it being sparse, repetitive, almost-non-existent, and treated as side-content.

As mentioned previously, I have to step away from h-game development altogether due to other IRL priorities, so I won't be making any new games or updates for now. I still found this experience to be very valuable and learned a lot from it.
The result is an okay-ish game mostly meant to be a possession game focused on story with not much else.

Given everything I have learned from developing Najima Island, I know I can do better now and am aware of which areas should be improved; armed with this experience, the quality of my next game should be noticeably higher should I ever return to development. Part of me now doubts if I am even cut out for it - oh well, we shall see where life takes me.

Chillion

Aug 16, 2019
i really like the mind control + possession concept was great, i think it would be great for you to continue with that concept for your next game, but definitely add more h-scenes

Reactions: Velzies
3.60 star(s) 15 Votes