4.10 star(s) 37 Votes
Jun 24, 2017
Same, after you play with her and you win, the screen goes black and gg, also when you click the shiny thing in the bathroom on the school, the game freezes.
I think it's because the creator didn't expect the player to forego an opportunity to use the nanos on Kay, so the game assumes you'll purposefully lose.

speedapple

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2017
Was in front of the toilet after his first class it said something about it being an empty classroom and I was unable to move after that not sure if it was just me
I press the shining thing in the bathroom at the school and the froze, if I find more I will let you know
The same thing happened to me.
This was my bad, I found out the problem, and I'll release a bugfix soon! Like real soon!

how do i get the sister?
^ real question
You can't unlock Rika yet in this version unfortunately haha, but soon though.

Played with Kay in the afternoon, and the game went to a black screen. Anyone else?
Same, after you play with her and you win, the screen goes black and gg, also when you click the shiny thing in the bathroom on the school, the game freezes.
I think it's because the creator didn't expect the player to forego an opportunity to use the nanos on Kay, so the game assumes you'll purposefully lose.
This is the bug that never seems to die.... I killed it like 3 times now, but it keeps coming back in a different form, or sometimes it appears and sometimes it doesn't. I'll take another look at it!

I'm sorry that you guys are running into these issue, I try my best to make sure that there aren't so many glaringly stupid mistakes in the future. I'll release a version with the bugs reported fixed on Friday! So that I can get all of them in a go!

Reactions: wep and Daveck

bsjfan69

Oct 4, 2017
Yeah the concept sounds good but the art is bad and the engine you chose (rpg maker) even worse. If you got a better artist and changed to Renpy this would be a banger for sure. It's not too late to change it!

speedapple

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2017
Damn, nice tags... If only the artwork wasn't so-so. Thanks for the upload, anyway!
Yeah the concept sounds good but the art is bad and the engine you chose (rpg maker) even worse. If you got a better artist and changed to Renpy this would be a banger for sure. It's not too late to change it!
Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it! I thought of using Renpy in the beginning but I was thinking that it would just be a click and move game, thought that it might lack a feel of control of your actions. The reason that I used RPG Maker was that I wanted the player to be able to interact with the surroundings and people in the surroundings.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but could you share, in your opinion, what are the main problems with RPG Maker games? I'm hoping to get some insight to hopefully avoid or improve on the problems typically faced by RPG Maker games!

On a side note for everyone else, I made a Bug/issue report list! I've compiled the bugs and issues reported and I'll hopefully have it fixed and released by this weekend!

Let me know if you all find anymore bugs or issues that are not in the list yeah! I'll add it in and try to have it fixed soon!

Johnyboy

Jun 14, 2017
I talked to her mom first, Just kept clicking until she told me that Kay had hiding spot in the woods after that waited for nightfall and went her room and talked to her.

Reactions: meowman

speedapple

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2017
They are a chore to play.
I see I see, how so exactly? Is it the whole grind to level up to progress thing, the "you need to download a large file to play" thing or "the pacing is too slow" thing that makes it a chore? Any suggestions that you think could make it better?

Gogotaro

Aug 7, 2017
I see I see, how so exactly? Is it the whole grind to level up to progress thing, the "you need to download a large file to play" thing or "the pacing is too slow" thing that makes it a chore? Any suggestions that you think could make it better?
WALKING, LOOKING FOR "HIDDEN" STUFF, just annoying seriously.

Gaboris

Aug 10, 2017
Okay so I went through this and not bad. There's potential here, but it still needs quite a lot of "polish". :p

For starters I don't know what everyone's problem is with the art. Sure it's not perfect, but it just needs some improvements, also maybe some transition images or random/locational variations, but that depends on how much work/money you want to put into the art.

The "RPG maker games are a chore" thing... I'm not gonna say it's a "dumb complaint", cuz there's truth in it (and I don't want to insult anyone I don't know personally), but shifting over to Renpy won't change the "chore" since this is more about the mentality behind these games.
jRPG-s(the things RPG maker is imitating so hard) are bothersome, grindy and slow things that had to come up with pretty distractions and techniques(progression systems, diverse locales and interesting stories) for players to not get bored instantly.
This game isn't "boring/a chore" cuz it's on an RPG engine, but just cuz it's monotonous and slow as HECK. When I thought I missed Kay's forest scene and had to wait for another week to see it I was ready to quit and finish it later(I got lucky and the game either glitched or it was not meant to be Friday, but Saturday morning). :winkytongue:
If you rewrote this whole thing to Renpy you'd just get people saying the same things cuz the game experience itself wouldn't change. I had a similar problem with Lab Rats(that's a Renpy game with polis already) where I had to literally just grind for days without much to do to collect resources and then spend those on all the women to progress them, but since the "return time" on those was much faster(skip function witch is probably the ACTUAL problem for most complainers over here) I didn't mind.

If I may add my own two cents tie progression to something other than "do this exact same thing 10 times".
Make it something like "find WHERE to control them" and pace them close, but not "do three steps a day" like now. Kinda like how you do the "new level" things, but with better pacing.
Either wary up the scenes or put in non-H things like do your chores, collect money by working or letting you skip school(personally the school part is the biggest problem, but I guess that's just a placeholder already) so that'll be the focus and not going through the EXACT days to progress. Or make the game into an ENTERTAINING "life sim" and just have the option to corrupt your way around all the characters, but this REALLY needs a carefully planned and clever town/cast/story/gameplay experience or it'll BOMB like nobody's business so you might wanna go safe on your first try.:biggrin:

Also drop the "dad comes home in 50 days" plot unless if you specifically want the ending to be some NTR(a character's loved one gets taken from them and that turns some players on) ending for the kink of it.
A time limit is never good. Make progressing enjoyable and not a "MUST DO THIS IN A WEEK OR I LOOSE OUT ON BOOTIE!" experience. Lab Rats had the same problem and people actually made mods to "fix" the game in the regard.
So I'd say make it that the dad died and they had to move to a new town(BTW just drop the "In case you forgot where we live" line to the player leaving the house or standing in front of it and talking about it in the beginning. I know they're just getting the keys, but "show don't tell" still applies.) and the kid then wanders into the forest since he still needs some "alone time" cuz things are not going well and he feels "out of control". That would also explain why he'd agree to doing something like this. He's angry/scared and he needs to feel "in control" and this could also create a nice moral dilemma where the player could use his control to help the family/town/people(and get rewarded with naughty stuff) or USE them for naughty stuff. :evilsmile:

But okay I think I'm going on for WAY too long and even I'm starting to feel like I'm "telling" you what to do. Just think about these and see what ideas you can get. :)

P.S.: IF I may ad an ACTUAL request for content the whole "they won't feel any changes physically" part could go away completely? Maybe there could be some "enhancements"(let that be temporary or permanent) for like ladies like growing in the chest area a bit... when I say "bit" I don't mean, "Hey I had C cups and now I have Ds, cool!" OH-nononono-no, I'm WAY deeper into the gutters than that so do consider that before saying anything about this part. :rolleyes:

P.P.S.: Also don't confuse me with someone who has proper writing or game making experience. These are just my thought off of my head. ;)

Reactions: wep and speedapple

speedapple

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2017
Okay so I went through this and not bad. There's potential here, but it still needs quite a lot of "polish". :p

For starters I don't know what everyone's problem is with the art. Sure it's not perfect, but it just needs some improvements, also maybe some transition images or random/locational variations, but that depends on how much work/money you want to put into the art.

The "RPG maker games are a chore" thing... I'm not gonna say it's a "dumb complaint", cuz there's truth in it (and I don't want to insult anyone I don't know personally), but shifting over to Renpy won't change the "chore" since this is more about the mentality behind these games.
jRPG-s(the things RPG maker is imitating so hard) are bothersome, grindy and slow things that had to come up with pretty distractions and techniques(progression systems, diverse locales and interesting stories) for players to not get bored instantly.
This game isn't "boring/a chore" cuz it's on an RPG engine, but just cuz it's monotonous and slow as HECK. When I thought I missed Kay's forest scene and had to wait for another week to see it I was ready to quit and finish it later(I got lucky and the game either glitched or it was not meant to be Friday, but Saturday morning). :winkytongue:
If you rewrote this whole thing to Renpy you'd just get people saying the same things cuz the game experience itself wouldn't change. I had a similar problem with Lab Rats(that's a Renpy game with polis already) where I had to literally just grind for days without much to do to collect resources and then spend those on all the women to progress them, but since the "return time" on those was much faster(skip function witch is probably the ACTUAL problem for most complainers over here) I didn't mind.

If I may add my own two cents tie progression to something other than "do this exact same thing 10 times".
Make it something like "find WHERE to control them" and pace them close, but not "do three steps a day" like now. Kinda like how you do the "new level" things, but with better pacing.
Either wary up the scenes or put in non-H things like do your chores, collect money by working or letting you skip school(personally the school part is the biggest problem, but I guess that's just a placeholder already) so that'll be the focus and not going through the EXACT days to progress. Or make the game into an ENTERTAINING "life sim" and just have the option to corrupt your way around all the characters, but this REALLY needs a carefully planned and clever town/cast/story/gameplay experience or it'll BOMB like nobody's business so you might wanna go safe on your first try.:biggrin:

Also drop the "dad comes home in 50 days" plot unless if you specifically want the ending to be some NTR(a character's loved one gets taken from them and that turns some players on) ending for the kink of it.
A time limit is never good. Make progressing enjoyable and not a "MUST DO THIS IN A WEEK OR I LOOSE OUT ON BOOTIE!" experience. Lab Rats had the same problem and people actually made mods to "fix" the game in the regard.
So I'd say make it that the dad died and they had to move to a new town(BTW just drop the "In case you forgot where we live" line to the player leaving the house or standing in front of it and talking about it in the beginning. I know they're just getting the keys, but "show don't tell" still applies.) and the kid then wanders into the forest since he still needs some "alone time" cuz things are not going well and he feels "out of control". That would also explain why he'd agree to doing something like this. He's angry/scared and he needs to feel "in control" and this could also create a nice moral dilemma where the player could use his control to help the family/town/people(and get rewarded with naughty stuff) or USE them for naughty stuff. :evilsmile:

But okay I think I'm going on for WAY too long and even I'm starting to feel like I'm "telling" you what to do. Just think about these and see what ideas you can get. :)

P.S.: IF I may ad an ACTUAL request for content the whole "they won't feel any changes physically" part could go away completely? Maybe there could be some "enhancements"(let that be temporary or permanent) for like ladies like growing in the chest area a bit... when I say "bit" I don't mean, "Hey I had C cups and now I have Ds, cool!" OH-nononono-no, I'm WAY deeper into the gutters than that so do consider that before saying anything about this part. :rolleyes:

P.P.S.: Also don't confuse me with someone who has proper writing or game making experience. These are just my thought off of my head. ;)
First of all, thanks a lot for the feedback man, really appreciate it, considering you must have took quite a bit of time to write that!

About some of the issues you mentioned, I have to admit that some of them are issues that I was not aware of!

1) The "do this exact same thing 10 times" problem, was one that I wasn't quite expecting. I set it at that amount to make it so that you'll be able to see the scenes changes for the different scenes as the characters level up and get more and more corrupted, along with making the grind for money less tedious, and to give it a somewhat "believable" amount, but it might still be too much from your feedback! I'll see if I can create more variations to make it more interesting, if not I'll just reduce the amount tho.

2)The "drop the dad comes home in 50 days" thing, I whole idea for this was that "since we're already going for the immoral route, why not go all the way?" along with "damm, why do the dads keep dying in all these games?" :p For the dad part at least, if a lot of people don't like whole dad coming back thing, a rewrite wouldn't be too hard, so I decided to hold on to it first.
As for the 50 days time limit, I kinda thought that having an end point would kinda give meaning and a sense of urgency and accomplishment when the players meet the goal, kinda like the original Robozou game. Though I admit that 50 days might be too long, but that was mostly because I don't wanna pack things too tightly.

3)The "show don't tell" thing. I tried, believe me, I did. I don't really wanna go into it, but if you're interested to know just pm me haha.

4)The whole "why he'll do something like this" thing, I have it planned out, don't wanna go into spoiler region, but I have it planned out!

5)The side note thing, I have to admit that idea has crossed my mind, but I really just don't have the budget for it haha, sorry, but on the bright side, one of the $50 Patrons requested a wardrobe option where you can change the girls into different clothes etc, I'll be getting a poll up soon to decide on what clothes to work on first!

Once more, I wanna thank you for the feedback man, I'll definitely try to do something about making the game monotonous! Hopefully the villager quests and secret characters I have planned will ease it up a bit. Currently still working on getting the main six out first, so might take sometime till we reach there.

speedapple

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2017
@speedapple "Group" fetish means the male mc and all females or male mc, others males and one girl?
And please, don't put NTR.
It'll be for both male and females, though the ones for many males on a girl is purely optional, personally not into that, but I wanna have it in the game for people that are!

Reactions: Zeca Suez

kiba

May 3, 2017
I found Kay on a wednesday, but her mother tells me that I would find her on a friday

4.10 star(s) 37 Votes