Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

Thanks for the great feedback. When it comes to the story I only polished it, it was too chaotic at first. I temporarily disabled the male version for a few reasons. First, to deliver a full experience for one path as fast as possible. Secondly, to speed up mechanics development and figure out how to make each path unique in the gameplay. Although players will choose different paths to play, only their skills will change, the world will stay the same. Lastly, I am reworking skill tree to work better with game mechanics and plot. Each being unique.

I can't promise the game will be for everyone, but I encourage you to check on my project from time to time to see for yourself ;)
Since you've removed the male protagonist, I'll wait until it comes back to play it again. I'm usually not good at playing a female MC, so sorry.
Though I was glad we could at least interact with other men in last version (though we were completely turned down harshly).

I have plans to add bisexual content between M/M. Writing gay scenes wouldn't feel realistic, as I don't have such experiences. But if I find someone willing to help me write such scenes I would be happy to add them to the game.
You're unconfortable with gay scenes but not with lesbian ones?
I would have been glad to help you but I'm a terrible writer (though I have too much imagination...).

Good continuation.

Reactions: brybry1311

JB_Productions

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
Hello.

Since you've removed the male protagonist, I'll wait until it comes back to play it again. I'm usually not good at playing a female MC, so sorry.
Though I was glad we could at least interact with other men in last version (though we were completely turned down harshly).

You're unconfortable with gay scenes but not with lesbian ones?
I would have been glad to help you but I'm a terrible writer (though I have too much imagination...).

Good continuation.
As long as it's fun for you, you can try writing something. And there is always space for suggesting interactions between characters for future paths if you have some cool ideas.

Arkady

May 15, 2018
Gaining a level from establishing the mission room does not count as gaining a level for the gain 5 levels quest. While that's not technically a game-breaking bug, it's absolutely a "fuck playing this shit" bug because it means more grinding the same too few conversations available early on.

(Or should establishing the mission room open up new options? In that case, it not actually doing so is an actual game-breaking bug.)

JB_Productions

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
Gaining a level from establishing the mission room does not count as gaining a level for the gain 5 levels quest. While that's not technically a game-breaking bug, it's absolutely a "fuck playing this shit" bug because it means more grinding the same too few conversations available early on.

(Or should establishing the mission room open up new options? In that case, it not actually doing so is an actual game-breaking bug.)
Thanks for finding the bug. I will make sure it's gone with the new build. I realized the game is actually too grindy, and I will continue working on reducing the grind and creating a fun game environment. If you have any other suggestions on how I could improve the game feel free to share them. Making the game annoying and grindy is completely opposite to my goals.

Arkady

May 15, 2018
If you have any other suggestions on how I could improve the game feel free to share them. Making the game annoying and grindy is completely opposite to my goals.
On a very basic level, make sure players have enough different things to do. Notably, that includes having enough different NPC conversations.

Right now, it seems like progress is locked behind repeating the same few conversations with the same few NPCs trying out all the different answers to the same questions. So from the get-go, it feels like choices are meaningless: you have to fill in the entire scorecard.

While that's easy from a game design perspective, it makes your NPCs seem incredibly fake/shallow. Who IRL would put up with an idiot bringing up the same thing over and over again, just so they can be fickle and change their mind every damn time? Who'd actually want to get to know the fickle idiot better? (Okay, horny men if the fickle idiot is a hot chick, arguably, but it'll really fall flat for NPCs on male MC paths.)

JB_Productions

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
On a very basic level, make sure players have enough different things to do. Notably, that includes having enough different NPC conversations.

Right now, it seems like progress is locked behind repeating the same few conversations with the same few NPCs trying out all the different answers to the same questions. So from the get-go, it feels like choices are meaningless: you have to fill in the entire scorecard.

While that's easy from a game design perspective, it makes your NPCs seem incredibly fake/shallow. Who IRL would put up with an idiot bringing up the same thing over and over again, just so they can be fickle and change their mind every damn time? Who'd actually want to get to know the fickle idiot better? (Okay, horny men if the fickle idiot is a hot chick, arguably, but it'll really fall flat for NPCs on male MC paths.)
My plan is to make around 10 different kinds of interactions with each NPC, avoiding any repetitions. That will be done gradually and will be connected to the skills tree. Just give it some time to polish and don't hesitate to share your feedback and ideas.

meleaguance

Mar 2, 2021
I see in the changelog you've reduced the grind. It was too much for me to play it before, so I'm looking forward to trying it again now. :)

Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
for some reason quest3_complete flag is equal to 2

just enable renpy console and paste

quest3_complete = 0
Not that simple I'm afraid. Judging by what the scripts try to do, "Asking for Morgan" (i.e. Investigate blabla) seems to be what quest2 is about, whereas quest3 is attending Morgan's dinner event.

"Ask about Morgan." only appears for Karla because that's the only correct check against quest2_complete == 0 whereas all the other ones check against quest3_complete == 0 for no apparent reason, not to mention quest3_complete is already defined with a default value of 2 in quests.rpy and will NEVER be anything but that until you complete your dinner report about Morgan which you will never be able to due to the default value assigned to it.

All instances of "Ask about Morgan" should check against quest2, not quest3. It's all a total mess currently.

Not sure if this would be enough, but I would first remove the default value assigned to quest3_complete in quests.rpy.
Python:
#define quest3_complete = 2
define quest3_complete = 0
and then modify all "Ask about Morgan." entries to check against quest2_complete == 0 instead of quest3.

AKA101

May 11, 2017
Not that simple I'm afraid. Judging by what the scripts try to do, "Asking for Morgan" (i.e. Investigate blabla) seems to be what quest2 is about, whereas quest3 is attending Morgan's dinner event.

"Ask about Morgan." only appears for Karla because that's the only correct check against quest2_complete == 0 whereas all the other ones check against quest3_complete == 0 for no apparent reason, not to mention quest3_complete is already defined with a default value of 2 in quests.rpy and will NEVER be anything but that until you complete your dinner report about Morgan which you will never be able to due to the default value assigned to it.

All instances of "Ask about Morgan" should check against quest2, not quest3. It's all a total mess currently.

Not sure if this would be enough, but I would first remove the default value assigned to quest3_complete in quests.rpy.
Python:
#define quest3_complete = 2
define quest3_complete = 0
and then modify all "Ask about Morgan." entries to check against quest2_complete == 0 instead of quest3.
well I just completed the update by switching that one variable to 0

JB_Productions

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
for some reason quest3_complete flag is equal to 2

just enable renpy console and paste

quest3_complete = 0
Hey, dev here. Can you help me understand what's the problem? Is it Q2(checking out places for information about morgan) or Q3(attending his dinner party)? I dindn't catch any bug on the playtest. The quest3_complete = 2 means quest hasn't started yet, and it changes to 0(not complete) after completing Q2. At least that's what supposed to happen ;)

Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
Problem:

Quest 2 is about asking around for Morgan, we're supposed to "Ask About Morgan" at various locations. That option however is NEVER displayed, except in the restaurant where Karla character works.

Reason:

Of the 5 total instances of "Ask About Morgan." checks against the variable "quest3_complete" instead of "quest2_complete", which should be the relevant check, cause why would you check for the completion of Quest 3 (Morgan's dinner) when it's not even relevant yet?

The quest3_complete = 2 means quest hasn't started yet, and it changes to 0(not complete) after completing Q2. At least that's what supposed to happen ;)
It won't since you redefine it with a default value right below where you assign 0 to it ( at label quest2_event2 ). Either move the "define" statement above that point or change the default value to 0 as I posted above.

A better coding practice would be to move all your global variable definitions to the top of the code and initialize them in functions only when they become relevant.

Last edited:

male7104

Jul 30, 2021
how to complete quest when it says reletionship cannt go further by just chatting what I supposed to do then? There is no option

3.30 star(s) 8 Votes