VN Ren'Py Naughty Neighbours [v0.25] [OuterRealm3D]

3.90 star(s) 14 Votes

kojos3000

Oct 24, 2019
No settings or prefs menu, no volume controls...

Hard pass.
I created a .rpy file that I add to every game since I got tired of the ones without option screens, and got tired of setting the options myself every time I try out a new game. Gave it extra bits like, enabling the console and rollback, and making shift+pagedown be a toggleable hotkey for the auto mode.

Python:
init 420 python:
  config.console = True
  preferences.fullscreen = True
  preferences.skip_after_choices = True
  preferences.transitions = 0
  preferences.volumes['music'] = 0.15
  preferences.volumes['sfx'] = 0.3
  preferences.volumes['voice'] = 0.4
  preferences.afm_time = 8
  preferences.text_cps = 0
  renpy.config.rollback_enabled = True
  renpy.config.hard_rollback_limit = 256
  renpy.config.rollback_length = 256
  def unren_noblock( *args, **kwargs ):
    return
  renpy.block_rollback = unren_noblock
  try:
    config.keymap['toggle_afm'] = [ 'shift_K_PAGEDOWN' ]
  except:
    pass
Edit the volumes to be whatever you like. If you go to a game where you've got your volumes set how you want them, then for example, the music volume, just shift+O to open console and type in preferences.volumes['music'] and it'll tell you what your current setting is. You can do the same with afm_time or text_cps as well.

karrek

May 14, 2017
The tags list female protagonist, male protagonist, and multiple protagonist, but the description only mentions the wife. Are the tags accurate, or do you play as just the wife?

Dec 9, 2020
To clarify, you don't get to name any of the characters so you're not really "playing" them. You get the pov of the husband Phil and the wife Susan, but so far you only make a few decisions for Susan, accept the burger place employee's complement, his phone number on the bill, picking which kid to ride up front in the car, saying hi to her sons friend on the phone while in a towel. Seems to me Susan might get most of the content since she has to deal with people hitting on her, new neighbors, the two kids, while Phil is going to a remote oil platform in alaska.
Anyways not a fan of split "protagonist" games like this, one side usually gets more content (I liked Glamour for a while, but seeing one side getting updates was a bummer), and going just by the description I'm sure it'll be Susan's side.
Good luck to the devs.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Varrilete

Mar 20, 2019
To clarify, you don't get to name any of the characters so you're not really "playing" them. You get the pov of the husband Phil and the wife Susan, but so far you only make a few decisions for Susan, accept the burger place employee's complement, his phone number on the bill, picking which kid to ride up front in the car, saying hi to her sons friend on the phone while in a towel. Seems to me Susan might get most of the content since she has to deal with people hitting on her, new neighbors, the two kids, while Phil is going to a remote oil platform in alaska.
Anyways not a fan of split "protagonist" games like this, one side usually gets more content (I liked Glamour for a while, but seeing one side getting updates was a bummer), and going just by the description I'm sure it'll be Susan's side.
Good luck to the devs.
lol remote oil in alaska, cucked u will be

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
I created a .rpy file that I add to every game since I got tired of the ones without option screens, and got tired of setting the options myself every time I try out a new game. Gave it extra bits like, enabling the console and rollback, and making shift+pagedown be a toggleable hotkey for the auto mode.

Python:
init 420 python:
  config.console = True
  preferences.fullscreen = True
  preferences.skip_after_choices = True
  preferences.volumes['music'] = 0.15
  preferences.volumes['sfx'] = 0.3
  preferences.volumes['voice'] = 0.4
  preferences.afm_time = 8
  preferences.text_cps = 0
  renpy.config.hard_rollback_limit = 256
  renpy.config.rollback_length = 256
    return
  try:
  except:
    pass
Edit the volumes to be whatever you like. If you go to a game where you've got your volumes set how you want them, then for example, the music volume, just shift+O to open console and type in preferences.volumes['music'] and it'll tell you what your current setting is. You can do the same with afm_time or text_cps as well.
Thanks for this. Your bit of code plus Penfold Mole's textbox mod made this playable.

It's unfortunate that good renders and decent writing/QA would be held back by unforced errors. The modding community really came through here.

Reactions: ontach

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
No settings or prefs menu, no volume controls...

Hard pass.
:cautious: Yeah, those are my top priorities when deciding to play a game. :LOL:

Soo, why Multiple Protagonists and Male protagonists if practically the overview only talks about Female Protagonists?
Dude, are you the tag police? Bad tags, bad tags, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when Chimba comes for you? :LOL:

With that said, the game looks good. I'll give it a shot.
Much success outerrealm3d

Last edited:

OnlyOnce1

Jan 7, 2018
I created a .rpy file that I add to every game since I got tired of the ones without option screens
Your script does not contain skipping:
Python:
init 420 python:
  config.console = True
  preferences.fullscreen = False
  preferences.skip_after_choices = False
  preferences.skip_unseen = True
  preferences.volumes['music'] = 0
  preferences.volumes['sfx'] = 0
  preferences.volumes['voice'] = 0
  preferences.afm_time = 8
  preferences.text_cps = 0
  renpy.config.hard_rollback_limit = 1024
  renpy.config.rollback_length = 1024
    return
  try:
  except:
    pass

DIRTY Filthy RAT

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
Not a bad first update, you have my attentiion and i will follow it, hoperfully bigger updates are coming, wouldnt have wasted so much time getting to the airport and saying good byes, but it did give us this nice image and to think this was the father who knowingly hiked up wifes skirrt so his son could check out her ass
screenshot0001.png
Also thought fast food worker Ryan missed a golden oppurtunity to drop the recipt with his phone number under wifes table so he could have gone down and tried to peek up her skirt and see if her white panties had a wet spot or not and maybe brush against her thigh quickly.
screenshot0002.png

BubblesTheAllMighty

Sep 22, 2020
Is this another one of those if you sleep with one you sleep with all?
Or is this if you sleep with one you can choose to stick with one and the others are optional?

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
You removed the settings menu... Why?
Any dev that thinks that is a good idea isn't a dev worth following.
It's been in and out of the thread.

It's a fairly easy fix. Art and writing is above average IMHO, so it's got potential, it was just a few early missteps.

No matter how minor the Ren'Py feature is that you're removing as a dev, you can bet your last penny somebody out there is using it, and will react negatively to it being removed.

As I stated above, adding the Universal Text Box remover mod and that snippet of script created by kojos3000 made it playable. It doesn't add a settings menu to the main page, but it does add a functional "prefs" button to the QuickMenu.

3.90 star(s) 14 Votes