slick97

Dec 2, 2021
I get that Eliza is the game's main LI, but that doesn't mean the lives of the background characters are literally meaningless compared to her. This whole vampire twist has been a poorly thought out train wreck, mostly by the characters but at least partially by the author as well. :(
I think it would've been excellent writing having the vampire arc tied to an MC on the dark path, but I guess the branching caused by the presence of vampirism is a significant amount of work that isn't quite feasible to pull off.

The next best way of tying Eliza's vampirism to the morality of the MC is determining how evil she becomes (i.e. outright killing her victims vs. just sustaining herself enough.

Reactions: qaywsx and ename144

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Yeah because the MC totally "forced" her....
Yes, he does. It's called emotionally blackmailing. She says it very clearly: "I don't want that. What if I can't handle it?" What is MC, the bastard, responding? "I wouldn't have brought it back and presented to you if there was even the slightest doubt in my mind that you couldn't handle it. Eliza, you're the strongest person I've ever met. I will see you through this, if you choose it." Great, push even more buttons to make her feel like she'll let you down if she doesn't, you pissant! You're not the one who has to live with having to harm other people in order to drink their blood!

MC is such a bastard. She was an emotional wreck. She was insecure. MC just pushed all the buttons. Thats "forcing", dude!

Look in the unabridged script and see it for yourself. I've marked the important statements. It begins when they start speaking about the chalice and how it helps and ends with her drinking the blood. I've changed nothing. Not a single word. You can verify it yourself by playing the scene again. This is the scene:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I was so naive and thought he took the chalice back to Luxenford so that they can examine it and search about ways to use it without that side effect. But no. Just put in on the table, let Dalen fill his blood in, and let her drink it. What a hero he is. Why didn't they just take their time to examine? The next day Dalen is sitting there and reads tons of papers to find a solution. How about do this BEFORE you turn this poor woman into a monster which kills innocent people when it can't control herself?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Have to stick up for the MC, bae. Just have to.
MC is not a Man, MC is a nephilim and for all Diablo fans out there - OP warriors that the angels who birthed them had to hunt into extinction - culminating in The Allfather of Nephilims backstabbing The All Mother of them all to put a permanent end to everything.

MC is a magical being with serious anger issues even at the beginning of the game, always on the edge - who would not be if they found their parents murdered and was taken in by some guy telling MC that the killer of his earthly parents was looking for him too?

Did anyone care about the murders? Did anyone go find or punnish the murderer?
NO!
So why are you chastising MC for living in this heartless murderous world?
Becasue MC is still alive?
Yes, he does. It's called emotionally blackmailing. She says it very clearly: "I don't want that. What if I can't handle it?" What is MC, the bastard, responding? "I wouldn't have brought it back and presented to you if there was even the slightest doubt in my mind that you couldn't handle it. Eliza, you're the strongest person I've ever met. I will see you through this, if you choose it." Great, push even more buttons to make her feel like she'll let you down if she doesn't, you pissant! You're not the one who has to live with having to harm other people in order to drink their blood!

MC is such a bastard. She was an emotional wreck. She was insecure. MC just pushed all the buttons. Thats "forcing", dude!

Look in the unabridged script and see it for yourself. I've marked the important statements. It begins when they start speaking about the chalice and how it helps and ends with her drinking the blood. I've changed nothing. Not a single word. You can verify it yourself by playing the scene again. This is the scene:

I was so naive and thought he took the chalice back to Luxenford so that they can examine it and search about ways to use it without that side effect. But no. Just put in on the table, let Dalen fill his blood in, and let her drink it. What a hero he is. Why didn't they just take their time to examine? The next day Dalen is sitting there and reads tons of papers to find a solution. How about do this BEFORE you turn this poor woman into a monster which kills innocent people when it can't control herself?
MC is not the moral compass. MC is the hulk in those early movies with all the anger issues of a young adult thrust in a cruel hateful murderous world.

Reactions: BuuPlays

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021

I haven't played this newest update, but bloody hell Eliza's character is ruined for me completely now.
If what I have read is true.

She was the only girl in this I liked and now just thinking about her makes me angry.

I have learned a lesson now.
Don't try any new games & don't get emotionally attached to anything.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I haven't played this newest update, but bloody hell Eliza's character is ruined for me completely now.
If what I have read is true.

She was the only girl in this I liked and now just thinking about her makes me angry.

I have learned a lesson now.
Don't try any new games & don't get emotionally attached to anything.
I feel that even tho i still love Eliza to death despite everything + this is still one of my favorites games cause of the story. But yeah no doubt she was way better before her changes. I'm just hoping she can learn to live with her new changes. As I thought she was one of the best romances or at the very least one of the most adorable and wholesome ones ive seen or played. From what ive played her personality isn't changed yet so im remaining hopeful that doesn't get changed but if her personality changes to much then yeah forever ruined for me.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2021
I wouldn't judge something we don't that she kill the woman I haven't seen it myself besides the mc think about killing not sure why you you think the girl won't think the same they aren't saint not everyone perfect special the game nephilim reason good and evil in the game by your choice

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
Idk man. She's selfish. She knew she will become a monster who will kill people for her thirst still she decided to go for it just to start walking again. She won't even try to make it right. She will just go on her way as if it was just a mistake.

You said it yourself that she barely controlled herself the first time which shows that she can actually control her so the 2nd time when she finally killed the girl she decided to let go of her control.

Would you turn yourself a monster just to start walking again?
Why not?

LordGonti

Jan 11, 2022
We gotta remember, this has been built in for a while. This is why she got crippled and the point of the whole pirate journey, for better or worse it's gotta be pretty key to the story and not just levelling up a companion. We have to take a bit of a leap of faith on this one.

My biggest issue was how quickly they made their decision. OK from Elizas POV it makes more sense, she's felt useless and wants to protect MC, it's an act of desperation fuelled by emotion but is MC really so desperate to see her become a vampire?

The way he dealt with her victims seemed perfectly in line with his pretty casual approach to vampirism in general.

We could speculate how this Eliza situation plays out in a good way.

• If he has to make a decision to kill her or not, that would be very dramatic and character defining.
  • Her vampirism could be key to the whole plot, we get story value, they kick some ass together and they find a way to turn her back? (Disney version)
  • She could act as a devil on the shoulder for key choices. Maybe it's part of the baddies scheme (forgot his name), cripple Eliza, have her become a vampire and help corrupt MC. It's a stretch I know.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MixQQ

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
She killed an innocent woman. This woman was a living and feeling person. She had a family. She had friends. Eliza is a killer now. She has to go. But the real asshole is MC who forced her to do it. There's no good path. Only the evil dark path. MC is not a good being. What kind of asshole forces a loved one to turn into a monster just because she can't walk? I'm rooting for Taron. MC is the baddie.

View attachment 3298299
As the game divides in a good and bad path MC, it would've been nice to also use it in this scene and let the woman survive on the light path.

EpicMax

Aug 25, 2023
Nephilim [v0.4.2] Android Port

Android: 950 MB

Download:

Pixeldrain:

More of my posts here

Last edited:
Reactions: ChaosJokerX

MrSancini

Feb 18, 2018
  • She could act as a devil on the shoulder for key choices. Maybe it's part of the baddies scheme (forgot his name), cripple Eliza, have her become a vampire and help corrupt MC. It's a stretch I know.
Maybe not completely, but Taron said: "They're working in my favor, even if they don't know it" (or something similar).

Not for corrupting, but as a smoke screen for other plan (like, steal the rings or something)

Reactions: LordGonti

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
I keep on seeing this claim.
That she needs to be his equal in combat prowess or she is "holding him back".
This is some really ass backwards thinking of "strong independent whamons"
Women are not pokemon. They don't need to all be strong combatants.
Protecting a loved one is not "being held back"
This is not some general diatribe about strong women :LOL:

In this game's story it's a fact she was holding him back. She was an easy target and a ruthless opponent took advantage of that. After that she was even weaker than before and obviously even more at risk. Unless the whole game is him playing bodyguard, she was an obvious achille's heel for MC.

It's not a novel concept really, why do you think so many fantasy heroes have secret identities? Because it's easy to take them out by targeting their loved ones.

Reactions: Maviarab

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020

In this game's story it's a fact she was holding him back. She was an easy target, and a ruthless opponent took advantage of that. After that she was even weaker than before and obviously even more at risk. Unless the whole game is him playing bodyguard, she was an obvious achille's heel for MC.

It's not a novel concept really, why do you think so many fantasy heroes have secret identities? Because it's easy to take them out by targeting their loved ones.
This does however bring up another issue in the writing/script.

If you try your hardest...have a lot of patience, grit your teeth, bite your tongue...pull your hair out...you can just about avoid her as a love interest. However, she will always be your best buddy now (cos reasons...and ole' mans daughter)....

When you are supposed to be single mindedly concentrating and working on finding who killed your parents. You could leave her in town, she is looked after, safe (just as you promised your savior and mentor)....but noooooo.....

Gotta make her a distraction, even if you care little for her (which, that option does exist, no matter how much the dev tries to force you into not taking it). She is only holding us/the MC back because the story makes it like that, that we care so much about her we have to keep her around.

Rinse and repeat with the next potential LI....

Reactions: qaywsx

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
This does however bring up another issue in the writing/script.

If you try your hardest...have a lot of patience, grit your teeth, bite your tongue...pull your hair out...you can just about avoid her as a love interest. However, she will always be your best buddy now (cos reasons...and ole' mans daughter)....

When you are supposed to be single mindedly concentrating and working on finding who killed your parents. You could leave her in town, she is looked after, safe (just as you promised your savior and mentor)....but noooooo.....

Gotta make her a distraction, even if you care little for her (which, that option does exist, no matter how much the dev tries to force you into not taking it). She is only holding us/the MC back because the story makes it like that, that we care so much about her we have to keep her around.
That's understandable though. You gotta have a core story and that core story would have been really boring, if it was just him flying solo and banging chicks we never see again after he left town. It adds some emotional stake in the characters. Which apparently works judging from all the whining.

Reactions: Maviarab

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
That's understandable though. You gotta have a core story and that core story would have been really boring, if it was just him flying solo and banging chicks we never see again after he left town. It adds some emotional stake in the characters. Which apparently works judging from all the whining.
Only real compliant I have is this and it's just from memory I might need to do another replay. But I felt like Alice comes in kind of late for people that don't want to be with Eliza. As it feels like they were setting Alice up to be a secondary LI and even up to this update I feel Alice really needs some love for character development as it feels like she is lacking alot in that department.

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023

In this game's story it's a fact she was holding him back. She was an easy target and a ruthless opponent took advantage of that. After that she was even weaker than before and obviously even more at risk. Unless the whole game is him playing bodyguard, she was an obvious achille's heel for MC.

I disagree with your definition of being held back.

There are always going to be weaker loved ones that could be targeted.
By that argument you should also monsterify any of your future children because babies are weak in combat and therefore vulnerable to being attacked by your enemies,

You do your best to protect the weaker members of your family.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
I disagree with your definition of being held back.

There are always going to be weaker loved ones that could be targeted.
By that argument you should also monsterify any of your future children because babies are weak in combat and therefore vulnerable to being attacked by your enemies,

You do your best to protect the weaker members of your family.
You see...I'm not a divine half-breed meant to face world-buster level threats. So I wouldn't need to do that. You are thinking from a rl perspective. I'm replying from the context of this game's story...

And it's not even assumption, the story itself has shown the fate of people he gets attached to. Parents murdered. Girlfriend crippled. His newer girlfriend would have been skewered by her own sister if the latter didn't have a, plot-induced, sudden change of conscience. His main opponent has already been shown to have a knack for targeting loved ones to get his way. He just saw it happening again with the witch mother.

Since he chose to surround himself with others, he should take advantage of anything that can strengthen them. Otherwise he is just dragging the poor lambs to slaughter.

Last edited:

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
You see...I'm not a divine half-breed meant to face world-buster level threats. So I wouldn't need to do that. You are thinking from a rl perspective. I'm replying from the context of this game's story...

And it's not even assumption, the story itself has shown the fate of people he gets attached to. Parents murdered. Girlfriend crippled. His newer girlfriend would have been skewered by her own sister if the latter didn't have a, plot-induced, sudden change of conscience. His main opponent has already been shown to have a knack for targeting loved ones to get his way. He just saw it happening again with the witch mother.

Since he chose to surround himself with with others, he should take advantage of anything that can strengthen them. Otherwise he is just dragging the poor lambs to slaughter.
And additionally while im a big fan of nephilim, some people really take the story too seriously.

Its just the tone and everything is more like dragon ball than lord of the rings. The mc at this point is a half-angel super-saijan superman venom combination, whats the big deal about turning the main LI into something powerful too at this point.

The plot is closer to some anime power-fantasy, no need to be so butthurt about minor stuff, its just meant to be a fun ride.

Eliza, after all the training was barely able to fight off two goblins, its would be really annoying with her staying this weak all the time and the mc always having to safe her even from minor threats.

Reactions: AL.d
4.10 star(s) 58 Votes