BuuPlays

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022
The trust system doesn't sound good when explained.
I think it would be more interesting if you could trust the wrong people and get backstabbed, instead of trust always being positive.
As this is stil very early on in the story, the trust system will be used more in the future to allow certain scenes to happen or be skipped if trust is too low for example.
These early choices are mostly flavour / personality as you build up the points to be used later on. hope that explains it :)

dev, great first release. story seems good, characters have some good depth to them, and the morale system seems as though it will be incredibly useful in the future. I only have 1 problem. that being when someone else is talking, the MC's name is displayed instead of the person talking. other than that, can't wait to see further progress in your game
Thank you for the kind response, I'm happy you liked it this far!
As for when this mc name displayed incorrectly happens I'm not sure, I haven't been able to find where it happens for you?

This is a really good beginning. I don't mind the lack of lewd content at all, I like games with some character/relationship and story development. Diving into the "good stuff" too soon tends to both break immersion and lessen the attachment. In a lot of ways this reminds me of Summer's Gone, and that is intended as a VERY large complement to the dev. Keep up the good work!
Thank you so much! Trust me I won't take that compliment lightly as Summer's Gone is one of my all time favorite VN!:love:
I hope people will feel it's worth the wait for lewd content, it won't be as long of a wait as in SG as I've already created the first lewd animation scene ready for the April 01 update (No april fools I promise) ;)

I am hooked too. Really great first release. Intriguing and promising.

But what happend to Alice? Don't wanna be mean or anything but
getting older sure wasn't kind to her. She lacks everthing from young Alice.
Them adorable freckles, the golden red hair, they eyes and the beaming smile.

But hey personal preference. So don't take it too seriously.

Also was that a Poketmon reference when Alice spied around the corner?
Good eye! It was indeed a Pokemon reference, I just couldn't help myself.
I had to do some changes to Alice's adult appearance as it's not the same hairstyle, but luckily I found one that was in the same type of style, But I couldn't get a color to match properly with her younger self. Hopefully you'll still enjoy her company!

WOW ... what a first release.
I really like it so far ...
Great renders, I love how the facial expressions fit to the dialog. It puts so much life to it.
Aaaand ... I hope, I don't have to choose between Alice and Eliza ... Please please please make all the other girls ugly and boring. Because if there will be more girls as amazing as Alice and Eliza, they for sure will kill me. I'll die due to an overdose of cuteness. ;)
Curious, how the story will develop. Keep at it!
Really happy you liked it! It's amazing to have my game be so well received among the community, I was really nervous for this launch!
I have no shortness of cute girls coming up

Hey Dev, nice game! Do you plan on adding pregnancy/impregnation or breeding content? Thank you very much!
Glad you like it! Pregnancy is planned, but not for a long while.

Leelaverse

May 24, 2021
Now THIS is how you do an initial release. Plenty of content, several character introductions, multiple impactful choices, and the story giving a clear layout of what the game is about. Beautifully done and I am fully hooked, and will be following this game for sure and hope for the best in future releases.

I try to give critical feedback because no game is perfect and that can help the Dev out, but this is a pretty flawless release outside of couple of typos, grammar was on point, renders are beautiful.

Also I love the Pokemon reference with Alice, I would love more cute little things like that from time to time, but that's just me lol

BuuPlays

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022
Now THIS is how you do an initial release. Plenty of content, several character introductions, multiple impactful choices, and the story giving a clear layout of what the game is about. Beautifully done and I am fully hooked, and will be following this game for sure and hope for the best in future releases.

I try to give critical feedback because no game is perfect and that can help the Dev out, but this is a pretty flawless release outside of couple of typos, grammar was on point, renders are beautiful.

Also I love the Pokemon reference with Alice, I would love more cute little things like that from time to time, but that's just me lol
Glad you enjoyed the launch mate! The initial release was originally planned to be way smaller but I decided I'd want to start off on the right foot :)
The upcoming monthly updates I have scheduled will definitely be smaller than this release, so hopefully I haven't set expectations too high as they need to fit a monthly release window. I'm always happy to hear any feedback people might have!
Thank you for the kind words!

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
It's good, I like it so far. Also, at some point, I loaded back to see what would happen if I didn't interfere to save Eliza. There was a tiny hope the mc could travel alone in silence. "Maybe the dev was kind and we could meet with Elize again latter" I thought to myself". :ROFLMAO:

Thank you and the best of luck.

Reactions: BuuPlays

BuuPlays

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022
It was quite easy for me i choose Elisa , while i do feel sorry for Alice , Elisa have no one else to rely on , she is alone and her personality is more fun to me
In that case, you're in luck! Eliza does have the most screen time in the early chapters as she's undertaking this journey with us.

It's good, I like it so far. Also, at some point, I loaded back to see what would happen if I didn't interfere to save Eliza. There was a tiny hope the mc could travel alone in silence. "Maybe the dev was kind and we could meet with Elize again latter" I thought to myself". :ROFLMAO:

Thank you and the best of luck.
I'm glad you liked it! I truly didn't have the heart to make you travel alone when there was a hot damsel in distress ;)

Leelaverse

May 24, 2021
The upcoming monthly updates I have scheduled will definitely be smaller than this release, so hopefully I haven't set expectations too high as they need to fit a monthly release window. I'm always happy to hear any feedback people might have!

I think that's normal to be honest, not every game will have massive releases, but I do find initial releases with such detail and content as yours is a great way to sell your game to players and get them interested. As long as the updates are two minutes long, little dialogue, and little story progression I assure you no one would be displeased haha

BuuPlays

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022
I think that's normal to be honest, not every game will have massive releases, but I do find initial releases with such detail and content as yours is a great way to sell your game to players and get them interested. As long as the updates are two minutes long, little dialogue, and little story progression I assure you no one would be displeased haha
You flatter me, honestly! But I promise no two minute updates! :LOL:

The models looks good, I like it!
Happy you liked them!

great first release, enjoyed the story and the characters are likeable as well. Good renders too, good luck to you dev!
Thank you for the kind words, really happy you've enjoyed the release! I'm already hard at work on the next update!

Wow, i´m speechless. What a debut! This is one of the best first releases i have ever seen.
Instantly subscribed on patreon.
Thank you Saph! Your support means the world to me:love:

Feb 13, 2021
I recommend adding a Stat page in future updates so players can keep track of their stats. Since you have decided to show which choices increase trust, and what choices are dark and light choices i belive adding a stat page would be super helpful in the long run. Also looking in your variables i see there are stats for wisdom, strength and leadership so just another reason to add one!

Reactions: BuuPlays

BuuPlays

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022
Just a suggestion, i guess an option for named saves would be great.
Great suggestion Saph (y) Having named saves it definitely something I would love to have at some point, I'm not sure how to go about implementing it as of yet, but it will be looked at in the future.

I recommend adding a Stat page in future updates so players can keep track of their stats. Since you have decided to show which choices increase trust, and what choices are dark and light choices i belive adding a stat page would be super helpful in the long run. Also looking in your variables i see there are stats for wisdom, strength and leadership so just another reason to add one!
I agree with you a stat page would be optimal and I've already tinkered with it on several occasions, but I haven't been able to make one work as of yet, it's something I would love to add whenever I can make it work:) As for the other stats they aren't currently implemented game-play wise, another dev gave me the advice to add plenty of variables early on to try avoid the dreaded "saves won't work" issue. Plenty more variables already been added in the updates I'm working on!

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
if you implement named save make them toggleable, I (and probably others as well) hate that unessesary fumbeling around in the menus. Bonus points for not allowing mouse controle while save naming -.-

and the idea with locked Lis sucks, if you don't want a harem game, then don't make one?
If you are a bad guy you will have no qualms with corrupting a hot Nun or Priestess.
And if you are a genuinely good guy why not redeem a succubus fallen from grace? To lock them because they start as good or evil is meh.

What in-game reason exists that MC can change his destiny, but no one else can?
What in-game reason exists that MC can change his destiny but not the destiny of the people around him?
Are the bandits plopping back into existence as soon as MC leaves the scene, Is the Money he pays for stuff disappearing once he left?

Do you want to arbitrarily, make your game longer? (You will have enough work as is) Adding replay value? What percentage of players that aren't comfortable with stuff happening in a dark path run will play that path only for an LI? If someone can't stand a goody two-shoes MC, do you think they will play that only for an LI? You are limiting your players and I don't see a compelling reason why.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
if you implement named save make them toggleable, I (and probably others as well) hate that unessesary fumbeling around in the menus. Bonus points for not allowing mouse controle while save naming -.-

and the idea with locked Lis sucks, if you don't want a harem game, then don't make one?
If you are a bad guy you will have no qualms with corrupting a hot Nun or Priestess.
And if you are a genuinely good guy why not redeem a succubus fallen from grace? To lock them because they start as good or evil is meh.

What in-game reason exists that MC can change his destiny, but no one else can?
What in-game reason exists that MC can change his destiny but not the destiny of the people around him?
Are the bandits plopping back into existence as soon as MC leaves the scene, Is the Money he pays for stuff disappearing once he left?

Do you want to arbitrarily, make your game longer? (You will have enough work as is) Adding replay value? What percentage of players that aren't comfortable with stuff happening in a dark path run will play that path only for an LI? If someone can't stand a goody two-shoes MC, do you think they will play that only for an LI? You are limiting your players and I don't see a compelling reason why.
I think it depends on how the dev plans to introduce these LI's.
IIRC the path split will only be way down the road and depending on how the story develops, how different these paths are that will probably mean different goals/groups/allys/organisations which the MC will interact with. So unique LI's would make sense in this case, as a MC on the other path will likely never get involved with them in the first place, or only in battle.

I agree that i wouldn't do a different playthrough just for a unique LI i missed on the other path, but i think many will be interested in trying at least a good and a evil run, so a bit more difference and varity is also welcome and a LI you never meet on the other path you will hardly miss imo.

Your example of redeeming a succubus sounds good, Pathfinder wrath of the righteous did it and she is imo the best character and LI there.
But if you want to pull something like this it will need a lot of time and interaction, the LI would need to be introduced relative early in the game, likely too late by the time the path split will happen.
Doing this for one maybe two LI's would be a real nice touch, but anything more is a bad idea, as it will need a lot of focus just on these LI's.

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
IIRC the path split will only be way down the road and depending on how the story develops, how different these paths are that will probably mean different goals/groups/allys/organisations which the MC will interact with. So unique LI's would make sense in this case, as a MC on the other path will likely never get involved with them in the first place, or only in battle.

I agree that i wouldn't do a different playthrough just for a unique LI i missed on the other path, but i think many will be interested in trying at least a good and a evil run, so a bit more difference and varity is also welcome and a LI you never meet on the other path you will hardly miss imo.

Your example of redeeming a succubus sounds good, Pathfinder wrath of the righteous did it and she is imo the best character and LI there.
But if you want to pull something like this it will need a lot of time and interaction, the LI would need to be introduced relative early in the game, likely too late by the time the path split will happen.
Doing this for one maybe two LI's would be a real nice touch, but anything more is a bad idea, as it will need a lot of focus just on these LI's.
true. But I play harem games for the harem, If it is no harem and you will miss LIs then I don't need to Play harem games. I could play everything else.

BuuPlays

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022

Incredible insight! You really picked up on a lot, pathfinder is a big inspiration for me personally, and others before you have mentioned the idea of being able to corrupt a good LI or redeem a dark LI and that idea has inspired me to try to make that happen:)
You are correct that the split in dark and light path will happen quiet a bit further down the road as I want to give players plenty of chance to make choices they feel fit the given situations before they make a permanent choice.
So to summarize it up, LI's WILL NOT BE LOCKED! 1-2 might start out locked til you change their alignment.
Cheers for the good feedback!(y)

Deleted member 4865569

Apr 26, 2022
Incredible insight! You really picked up on a lot, pathfinder is a big inspiration for me personally, and others before you have mentioned the idea of being able to corrupt a good LI or redeem a dark LI and that idea has inspired me to try to make that happen:)
You are correct that the split in dark and light path will happen quiet a bit further down the road as I want to give players plenty of chance to make choices they feel fit the given situations before they make a permanent choice.
So to summarize it up, LI's WILL NOT BE LOCKED! 1-2 might start out locked til you change their alignment.
NOW this sounds good..

I hate missing content so the fact we not gonna be locked out of LIs sounds good to me.

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
My Man, Christmas was not even a Month ago, and we already get new presents.

4.10 star(s) 59 Votes