VN - Ren'Py - New Coral City [S2 v0.3 Hotfix] [HoneyGames]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Baho

As a standalone game its story might be underwhelming but with rest of the games it is really nice. If you are tired of games which mc gets all the girls he wants and always wins, you might find this game refreshing.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Winterz

I'm sorry, but other than renders this game is terrible. No logic in the story, no fluidity, terrible grammar, ridiculous choices, pretty much the ONLY thing worth doing is looking through the image folder if you're that desperate.

I know this seems harsh, I really didn't want to be but I didn't even make it 5 minutes into the game.

I could be old fashioned, but people don't want to constantly be presented with the choices "be good" and "be asshole" .

be mean, be a jerk, be rude, be a dick, be cruel, be evil...all of these are superior to be "be asshole". Seriously, if you want to be that much of an asshole, become a politician, not a game creator.

I suspect some kind of drug was used by the creator during his/her/their "process".

-W
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Grick Rimes

I've seen some negativity surrounding what some people call "Grainy" images. While I tend not to care much for grainy either, something about the images in this game actually works for me. Most of the "grain" appears in animation (most, not all) and for ME it visually works. That being said, there is obviously a language barrier for the author. Most of the conversations (in english) are difficult to follow and some of the words are translated in odd ways that make me wonder what exactly are you trying to say here and there. Can't fault somebody for trying. I'm a native speaker of English. I could not write a game in Spanish, German, Portuguese or Mandarin. You'd get the same result. But there are methods. People willing to aid with translating.
    My main knock on this game is its illogical flow. The "Prequel" had a bit of a free-roam feel so you could go on seemingly different routes. This feels very linear and limited. And, to be honest, there is a desperate need of a hint system or walk through. I don't like grindy games and this game is grindy. (But I specify that I don't like it. That's a preference. YOU might like the grind. if so, get this one.)
    I might rate the game higher if there were tips, hints or a mod that would allow me to actually do something. Unfortunately, i'm kinda stuck in a lot of limbo with every girl I want.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Lamoucheronn

Despite some bugs this game is amazing for those that like to play the bad guy or be manipulative asf. Nearly all of the models are insanely hot and won't jump on you the second they see you.

Unfortunately for me I like to play the nice and serious route and it doesn't seem to be the best option in this game as currently all of the girls except 1 are cheats and treat you rather poorly. They see you as 'fun', but aren't looking for a serious relationship. Another thing is that nearly all of the husbands are a-holes and it's rather tiring to see some women still clinging to them.

Conclusion: if you like playing nice this is a hard pass, but if you like playing the manipulative kinda guy this game is definitely for you.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

ezvr96

A very good game. The women have a nice variety of looks, personalities, and desired relationships. You need to be aggressive with some, and kind with others. Some are looking for a serious relationship, others for just sex. The women almost all have either current or potential other lovers, and they won't just go for you as soon as you try for them. If that kills it for you, this isn't your game. As long as you make good choices (which are usually clear enough as long as you bear in mind who you're talking to), you can get quite a bit of action.

The renders are not the very best, but they are good. The dialog is clearly written by a non-native English speaker, but as long as you're willing to go with it, things still makes sense and the story is fun. Content seems to be coming out at a pretty good pace, and the no-grind approach to the story is very nice.

Updated to add: There is plenty of content if you're looking to play the character as a horny guy who still won't do anything really cruel/evil, and probably a bit more content if you're willing to push the line (though some evil choices do get punished, so don't just go all evil), but if you're just looking to be a white knight for a single sweet girl, the content is going to be kind of limited.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

sttrt52

The main character is a photographer, after having messed up his life and his relationships in the first season he manages to get a job from one of the best fashion agency in the city.
    He can try to manage his life: he can try to get his ex-girlfriend back. Make it up to his brother or continue to seduce his wife. Try to keep the few friends he has left and make new friends.
    He can decide to behave correctly or take advantage of situations, he can decide whether to be arrogant or kind, he can decide whether to help or blackmail.
    Every action, every response, every gesture that he makes will influence his personality and unlock or block any other action to be taken in certain situations. It will also affect the way other characters judge him.
    You will then have the opportunity to make your character what you prefer: He can be a ruthless talent scout who takes advantage of his position to ask for favors from the models to help them make a career, or he can be a friend who tries to help them, he can be a playboy who does not care about the feelings of others or he can decide to have a love story with some of the characters and can decide whether to be loyal or not.
    He can decide to be honest or to lie to get girls. He can decide to help your friends or try to seduce their girlfriends/wives. He can try to be a sweet lover or a pervert, he can decide whether to have extreme sex or be romantic, be Master or Slave.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Alfius

Wow!!!! What a fucking game!!!

I loved this! I can see this game is not for everyone, but man, this might be my new favorite game on here!

I'm so sick and tired of the 'I'm a virgin, that love sex, but I only want to have sex with you' girls that infest the other games on here. I mean seriously, a cock is a cock. There is 4 Billion cocks on earth. Why would every girl in every story just slave after your nice cock. I could name some popular games on her, but it's just so patronizing and boring. Every girl will wait patiently for you until you grace them with you presence, not having sex with anyone until you choose them as your love interest or reject them outright. It's like they are robots, put on this "earth" (game) for your pleasure with no agency of their own.

No, I'm not talking NTR. But girls in this game feels real. The chase, and the danger of other guys winning over the girl before you makes this exhilarating. There is no right or wrong choice. For an example, there is this on stunning looking slutty girl that sleeps around with at least 3 guys, I want to get her in bed with me, but no dice, she flirts, she teases, but damn...If I look again, she's of with my roommate fucking her brains out. And Visa versa, Your roommate, might fancy a girl, and bam...fuck you my friend, I had her first. I love it. Or trying seduce girls to cheat (or possible breakup) with her BF husband etc.

The Male characters is also awesome. They are not just rivals. The might also be friends and can actually assist you in getting a specific girl if you help them with their girl. Like real wingmen do.

There is only a few other games that I have played that I felt like the other characters in the game were actual people.

Story: 9/10 Feels like real life.
    Graphics: 8/10 Love the unique character models
    Characters 10/10 Wow, what a diverse cast.
    Sex Scenes 7/10 Very standerd type of sex scenes, I preferred the prequel's Sex mechanics.

Not a lot of pubic hair... :(

TLDR; Play this game already.

But don't expect the girls to wait around for you forever. They also have needs and will find it with other men if you don't come to the party. They can be jealous, so can not get them all, or they might not like you at all.

Some are looking for a fling, while others want a stable relationship. Some hate your guts, because you broke their heart (in the prequal or here). In other words, they feel like real people.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

John64

Well, actually that's a pretty decent game. The quality of renders is not top notch (prolly because of not that powerfull rig configuration) but almost all the models are perfect. I tried to play the Follower (the prequel, the 1st part of this game)... and I couldn't. Unity version was unplayable from the start. So I downloaded unofficial renpy port... then I used cheats... then I used a walkthrough... and STILL I wasn't able to make it!... it was just SOOOO fcking grindy! I liked story and all but gameplay was AWFULL! I am really glad that the developer didn't repeat his mistake and removed all the sandbox crap out of it (I REALLY hate sandboxes. In 99% cases they are never done right). Hope someone (maybe the developer himself) will make a Story-remake of the Follower (without sandbox and grind), I would really like to finish that one as well...

So far - pretty good. I like games with the strong domination emphasis. Though I think there should be NTR tag as well. Because there're lots of girls that are potential love interest of the MC being fucked/dated by other guys.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Canto Forte

Why is this good?
    Because follower was terrible ... I tried it early and dropped it instantly.
    Still ... Why should anyone pick this up?
    The simple answer is ... game got some baggage, some lore, the story of how Main Character got in between so many babes and how a play boy / God's so called gift to women <certainly the women in this game> can shoot straight through life and deep inside the bombshells he got himself into <wink wink>
    There are only 2 options to every dialogue, the frown face or the smiley face ... just quick roll off the frown face and into the smiley face => you are golden. Game flows seamlessly and before you know it ... easy peasy get stumbling into another hot steamy gal adoration ritual Dev has queued in this story. Game On! Go balls deep into the bare back Glory of Gaming;)!!!
  10. 2.00 star(s)

Walfrid

I was trying to play this and review it since it has only one so far, and from someone familiar with this guys work.
    I didn't get through the intro. If you like relationship drama you may love this one, i'm not into this story at all.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

fugazi666

i liked the prequel "follower" quite a lot, even though it was just another huge sandbox-style grindfest. walkthroughs came to the rescue and i could finally finish it.. this one has a much better design, no more of that stats (+sleep, eat, work) grinding. all the interesting and sexy characters from "follower" are still here, plus some new ones are introduced. the continuation of the story is done in a smooth and believable way. i'm glad this game evolved from that unity engine crap to grindy ren'py and finally to easily playable ren'py. this will be one of the games i'll be looking forward to.