New Gay VN

Okalix

Game Developer
Sep 16, 2019
Jake Close Up.png
Hey guys,

I've been inspired to create my own VN (at least attempt to anyways) and as I'm a total newb at this, I wanted to start a thread for this particular journey where I can communicate specifically about the project and hopefully get some awesome insights from the community here.

I would describe myself as bisexual so while there's a lot of content already for the straight side of me, there really is not that much for the gay dudes out there or the bi guys or even the straights who like to get a bit freaky when no-one's around to judge! So immediately I feel drawn to helping fill that gap in the market. Largely, Aaryn has been a huge inspiration and the work he's done with his VN "Straight!?". It's come a long way over the last couple years and set the bar for engaging dialogue and pacing I believe. Since that time, gay VNs are still very limited over their straight counterparts and that's something I'd like to help change.

I've recently been throwing myself deep into artwork for the VN, which I'm fairly confident with so far. You can see the MC close up artwork above. However, I do have three questions...

1) I haven't started to look into the Ren'py side of things yet and worry that it might be more daunting than I'm expecting. I was wondering if any others could give their opinions on the user-friendliness/learning curve that goes along with picking up Ren'py? I'll happily take any tips or opinions I can get.

2) Are there any tips for helping to reduce iray rendering times?

3) What do you guys want from a gay VN? This can really be anything, I'm just interested to know how well to adapt my vision to an interested audience base.

Thanks for the time, guys. Look forward to hearing from you! :)

O

Jake Master Outfit.png Caleb Master Outfit.png Nate Master Outfit.png

Last edited:

kshyk

Mar 18, 2018
There's indeed lack of good gay games.
Well... "Straight!?" and "Hard Times in Hornstown" (y)

Unfortunately I don't know anything about game development.
I know you should always do what you feel is right.
But I will share with you, what kind of game I wish to play:

I would love a novel with a lot of different characters, where you are male MC, but your sexual orientation doesn't matter. Male, female and futa love interest - all of different shape and personality.

Reactions: bill meoff

Okalix

Game Developer
Sep 16, 2019
There's indeed lack of good gay games.
Well... "Straight!?" and "Hard Times in Hornstown" (y)

Unfortunately I don't know anything about game development.
I know you should always do what you feel is right.
But I will share with you, what kind of game I wish to play:

I would love a novel with a lot of different characters, where you are male MC, but your sexual orientation doesn't matter. Male, female and futa love interest - all of different shape and personality.
Thanks kshyk ,

It was a tricky choice. Like I mentioned, I am bisexual myself but as I am only just starting out with this stuff, I don't want to over-promise at such an early stage. My ideal outcome would be exactly the kind of stuff you described. More choice, more diversity, less constraints. For now though, I need to pick a clear focus. And due to the lack of gay VNs out there, that's where I feel most passionate currently.

Currently, only males are in my scope, although they are of different shapes and sizes. In the future however, as I get more experience and hopefully more of a following, I would love to add and further build upon the core game... even to include female characters to pursue.

O

Last edited:
Reactions: kshyk

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
1. Making a simple VN in Ren'py is easy. It's like writing a screenplay.
The SDK is shipped with a short VN, The Question, and a tutorial. Play them, study the lessons, maybe inspect their code. This will cover most (if not all) of you need for a basic VN.
If you want to learn more, you may download Unren and extract the scripts of your favorite VN. See how it works, then mod it and see how it changes.
For any technical question you have a forum here, the , the , video-tutorials on Youtube...
2. Sorry, no clue
3. I'm more into TF games but twinks are appreciated.

Good luck!

Reactions: jojexh

Okalix

Game Developer
Sep 16, 2019
1. Making a simple VN in Ren'py is easy. It's like writing a screenplay.
The SDK is shipped with a short VN, The Question, and a tutorial. Play them, study the lessons, maybe inspect their code. This will cover most (if not all) of you need for a basic VN.
If you want to learn more, you may download Unren and extract the scripts of your favorite VN. See how it works, then mod it and see how it changes.
For any technical question you have a forum here, the , the , video-tutorials on Youtube...
2. Sorry, no clue
3. I'm more into TF games but twinks are appreciated.

Good luck!
Thanks scrumbles ,

That's really useful to know. I'll definitely check out that extraction link you mentioned. Could be a huge help on the technical side!

O

Reactions: scrumbles

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
Nice to read somebody is thinking about game which is not full of stereotypes and horny plastic MILFs moaning around one presumably happy guy :) Unfortunately, I cannot answer to your first two questions. Concerning the third, I have similar opinion like kshyk: I mean more diversity is always welcome! I understand you should start with one story line and then add other options, anyway so far you keep realistic behaviour, visually attractive heroes and witty comments, you will certainly have a large amount of grateful players, myself including. Good luck and see you soon :)

Reactions: RanliLabz

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Firstly good luck. Though I've got no personal interest in a gay VN as a straight guy however as there are almost no such VN's to speak of there should be a gap in the market for you if you get a decent quality game out.

Ren'py isn't that bad, it's certainly easier than HTML ect. IMO, a little programming knowledge or at least knowledge of if/and/not/else ect. in programming is a boon, if you were to spend a few hours with a beginners python course (there are free ones around like code academy) you wouldn't even need to finish it to learn enough about code structure and programming logic to be able to make a no frills VN like acting lessons.

Iray is not such a simple answer, there are plenty of threads her on the F95zone that mention this, i'll list a few:
https://f95zone.to/forums/dev-tools-guides.44/ a good place to start for all things Daz

https://f95zone.to/threads/daz-studio-tutorials-tips.21586/ There are people who understand Iray and Daz, then there is Xavster

https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-optimise-render-times-in-iray-a-small-guide.24898/ recreation is great when it comes to assets in Daz, knows his way around a render too, pretty much should fit the bill for what you want

Sickleyield is my go to when i need pro Daz tutorials and problem solving, she is literally amazing, great for getting more out of your renders and making complex little things work.

The main points are: more Cuda cores means faster renders, Cuda cores are Nvidia proprietary so you'll need an Nvidia GPU to start with, others simply won't cut it with Iray, they work much much slower, second you'll need Vram, the more the better until your running a little over the maximum you'll need, the rest is wasted, unlike Cuda cores which are not wasted.
Then it's CPu speed, again the more the merrier though it will have less effect than the aforementioned GPU specific specs, then Ram, though it has a lot less effect in renders than in scene manipulation(setting up to render)

There are ways to get more out of your hardware, using things like a scene optimiser lets you reduce scene size by compressing textures, so for example if you have an HD scene element that is too far away to get the full benefit of the HD quality you can compress the texture so it doesn't cripple your render time. Methods of lighting will effect render times as well, dim renders tend to take longer while brighter renders resolve somewhat more quickly in my experience so using good simple brightish lighting can both increase render quality and speed in some cases, ghost lights work well for this.

Additionally there are things like deleting things from a scene that aren't visible in the render to reduce the load on the hardware, going for lower render quality and higher resolutions then compressing down in PS as post work, in fact good post work in general will make up for quicker renders at slightly lower quality but that in itself takes time.

As for what i would want out of a gay VN, personal preference aside i expect i'd want similar things to want i'd want from a straight VN, a good story with a few unforeseen twists and turns along the way, don't let the story become "by the numbers" towards the end but don't make it needlessly over complex, Dreams of Desire's ending failed because of an overly simplistic and therefore expected ending for the most part, Acting Lessons on the other hand had a "bolt from the blue" needless complication in the form of a mad carrot (you had to be there).
Then there is pacing to consider, some VN's take forever to get going, Timestamps and A Wife and Mother are both culprits here, they either try to placate the reader with sex scenes with no context or just dump story early which is not engaging alone, sex isn't a replacement for story, story isn't a replacement for sex, you'll need a little of both in an adult VN and they should work together constructively, Depraved Awakening does this quite well, especially for a first time Dev's game.
Lastly and perhaps most importantly is cast, spend time making and writing your characters, cookie cutter characters are hella boring unless done exceedingly well. Keep your cast size small but not too small, develop them, have some contrast between them, have them interact with each other rather than just the MC and make then make sense as a character if the MC were absent from the game, characters shouldn't wait around for the MC's next action, they should be able to exist without his input, this is why a lot of choices based VN's fail for me, there is a feeling of the MC being in some way responsible for every little victory or failure, that the world revolves around him, good stories don't work like that.

Hope that helped a little and thanks for surviving to the bottom of that mound of text.

Reactions: Biceptual

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
To answer your questions

1. It's a lot more user friendly than most. There's plenty of tutorials/guides and forum members to help you along the way. As far as learning curve goes, it's probably the easiest one of all the engines available. I mean as long as you understand coding in Python your all set.

2. Can't help you here as I don't use Daz3d (assuming this is what you're referring to)

3. Have an interesting story and characters. Have meaning behind each scene, breath some life into these characters so they don't feel one-dimensional. Try not to cut to the erotic stuff too quick, leave room for the readers to parse as they go through the vn. Keep the readers on their toes, have the story be unpredictable well I mean have some predictability to it but not so much that they can sniff out what will happen next. Have moments where the player feels excitement, mystify, anger, sadness ect. These can go a long way in making your VN stand out from the rest. After all you're developing a visual novel and not a flip book.

Okalix

Game Developer
Sep 16, 2019
Nice to read somebody is thinking about game which is not full of stereotypes and horny plastic MILFs moaning around one presumably happy guy :) Unfortunately, I cannot answer to your first two questions. Concerning the third, I have similar opinion like kshyk: I mean more diversity is always welcome! I understand you should start with one story line and then add other options, anyway so far you keep realistic behaviour, visually attractive heroes and witty comments, you will certainly have a large amount of grateful players, myself including. Good luck and see you soon :)
Thanks pilgrim2003 ,

Don't worry, I definitely aim to create something with some depth and character progression attached to it. I'll be sure to update this thread with progress so people can keep track.

To answer your questions

1. It's a lot more user friendly than most. There's plenty of tutorials/guides and forum members to help you along the way. As far as learning curve goes, it's probably the easiest one of all the engines available. I mean as long as you understand coding in Python your all set.

2. Can't help you here as I don't use Daz3d (assuming this is what you're referring to)

3. Have an interesting story and characters. Have meaning behind each scene, breath some life into these characters so they don't feel one-dimensional. Try not to cut to the erotic stuff too quick, leave room for the readers to parse as they go through the vn. Keep the readers on their toes, have the story be unpredictable well I mean have some predictability to it but not so much that they can sniff out what will happen next. Have moments where the player feels excitement, mystify, anger, sadness ect. These can go a long way in making your VN stand out from the rest. After all you're developing a visual novel and not a flip book.
Thanks Egglock ,

So many emotions! But you're right. My belief is that characters should be relatable and also feel authentic in their actions and dialogue. Not just bang for the sake of it.

Firstly good luck. Though I've got no personal interest in a gay VN as a straight guy however as there are almost no such VN's to speak of there should be a gap in the market for you if you get a decent quality game out.

Ren'py isn't that bad, it's certainly easier than HTML ect. IMO, a little programming knowledge or at least knowledge of if/and/not/else ect. in programming is a boon, if you were to spend a few hours with a beginners python course (there are free ones around like code academy) you wouldn't even need to finish it to learn enough about code structure and programming logic to be able to make a no frills VN like acting lessons.

Iray is not such a simple answer, there are plenty of threads her on the F95zone that mention this, i'll list a few:
https://f95zone.to/forums/dev-tools-guides.44/ a good place to start for all things Daz

https://f95zone.to/threads/daz-studio-tutorials-tips.21586/ There are people who understand Iray and Daz, then there is Xavster

https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-optimise-render-times-in-iray-a-small-guide.24898/ recreation is great when it comes to assets in Daz, knows his way around a render too, pretty much should fit the bill for what you want

Sickleyield is my go to when i need pro Daz tutorials and problem solving, she is literally amazing, great for getting more out of your renders and making complex little things work.

The main points are: more Cuda cores means faster renders, Cuda cores are Nvidia proprietary so you'll need an Nvidia GPU to start with, others simply won't cut it with Iray, they work much much slower, second you'll need Vram, the more the better until your running a little over the maximum you'll need, the rest is wasted, unlike Cuda cores which are not wasted.
Then it's CPu speed, again the more the merrier though it will have less effect than the aforementioned GPU specific specs, then Ram, though it has a lot less effect in renders than in scene manipulation(setting up to render)

There are ways to get more out of your hardware, using things like a scene optimiser lets you reduce scene size by compressing textures, so for example if you have an HD scene element that is too far away to get the full benefit of the HD quality you can compress the texture so it doesn't cripple your render time. Methods of lighting will effect render times as well, dim renders tend to take longer while brighter renders resolve somewhat more quickly in my experience so using good simple brightish lighting can both increase render quality and speed in some cases, ghost lights work well for this.

Additionally there are things like deleting things from a scene that aren't visible in the render to reduce the load on the hardware, going for lower render quality and higher resolutions then compressing down in PS as post work, in fact good post work in general will make up for quicker renders at slightly lower quality but that in itself takes time.

As for what i would want out of a gay VN, personal preference aside i expect i'd want similar things to want i'd want from a straight VN, a good story with a few unforeseen twists and turns along the way, don't let the story become "by the numbers" towards the end but don't make it needlessly over complex, Dreams of Desire's ending failed because of an overly simplistic and therefore expected ending for the most part, Acting Lessons on the other hand had a "bolt from the blue" needless complication in the form of a mad carrot (you had to be there).
Then there is pacing to consider, some VN's take forever to get going, Timestamps and A Wife and Mother are both culprits here, they either try to placate the reader with sex scenes with no context or just dump story early which is not engaging alone, sex isn't a replacement for story, story isn't a replacement for sex, you'll need a little of both in an adult VN and they should work together constructively, Depraved Awakening does this quite well, especially for a first time Dev's game.
Lastly and perhaps most importantly is cast, spend time making and writing your characters, cookie cutter characters are hella boring unless done exceedingly well. Keep your cast size small but not too small, develop them, have some contrast between them, have them interact with each other rather than just the MC and make then make sense as a character if the MC were absent from the game, characters shouldn't wait around for the MC's next action, they should be able to exist without his input, this is why a lot of choices based VN's fail for me, there is a feeling of the MC being in some way responsible for every little victory or failure, that the world revolves around him, good stories don't work like that.

Hope that helped a little and thanks for surviving to the bottom of that mound of text.
Wow Volta , not even sure where to start with all those but huge thanks for everything you mentioned. I need to work through all of it and digest! That's so freakin helpful, really. Sounds like some big price tags involved with a few of those rendering tips but if it goes well initially, perhaps I can work my way up to that commitment!

O

Reactions: Volta

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
The gay community would love to see 10-15y old boys in their games. 2d art would prob work better than daz3d.
A story about some older guy introducing a young confused gay boy into the way of things could work.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Thanks pilgrim2003 ,

Don't worry, I definitely aim to create something with some depth and character progression attached to it. I'll be sure to update this thread with progress so people can keep track.

Thanks Egglock ,

So many emotions! But you're right. My belief is that characters should be relatable and also feel authentic in their actions and dialogue. Not just bang for the sake of it.

Wow Volta , not even sure where to start with all those but huge thanks for everything you mentioned. I need to work through all of it and digest! That's so freakin helpful, really. Sounds like some big price tags involved with a few of those rendering tips but if it goes well initially, perhaps I can work my way up to that commitment!

O
Money always helps but there are plenty of, ahem, less expensive ways to get hold of things like the scene optimiser utilities, part of the knack is getting the most bang for your buck, personally i can recommend going for a lower number of incidental renders, why render three shots of the MC walking when you can do one or two, just put more effort into those, make the poses good, light it well and save time on the render, remember render time doesn't equate to quality, you need good setup and appropriate render settings to get good results, the former of which needs experience not money, tutorials will help you get your foot in the door on that one.

Okalix

Game Developer
Sep 16, 2019
The gay community would love to see 10-15y old boys in their games. 2d art would prob work better than daz3d.
A story about some older guy introducing a young confused gay boy into the way of things could work.
Thanks baneini ,

All the characters in my VN will be 18+ and personally, I don't find 2D as big a turn on as 3D (of course, that's just personal preference) so I would find it more difficult to feel passionate about the visuals during the creation stages if the artwork was 2D.

Money always helps but there are plenty of, ahem, less expensive ways to get hold of things like the scene optimiser utilities, part of the knack is getting the most bang for your buck, personally i can recommend going for a lower number of incidental renders, why render three shots of the MC walking when you can do one or two, just put more effort into those, make the poses good, light it well and save time on the render, remember render time doesn't equate to quality, you need good setup and appropriate render settings to get good results, the former of which needs experience not money, tutorials will help you get your foot in the door on that one.
Agreed Volta ,

Lighting is still something I need more practice with but getting the hang of it slowly but surely.

Reactions: Volta

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Okalix damn man, you gonna call me out in front of everyone! :p
Nah, i'm kidding. Thanks for the love and it's really humbling that my project inspired you. There's definitely a market for this stuff and there's not a lot of competition so I'd gladly love to see you join the other small number of devs. I know there's plenty of guys on my Discord that are looking to play things between updates on my project and there's just not that much out there.

Many people have mentioned solid advice so far so I won't say much about that stuff. The things I'll speak to are more personal things that I've learned over the past 2 years. I'm not going to say they're true for all but they're true for me and hopefully some will be helpful.

1. Don't write a game for the market--Let the market mold itself around you. If you write a game that's based on popular opinion, you risk being negatively affected by the fickle changes in the opinions of others. Patreon supporters will come and go and I've learned that the majority are not because of anything you do or don't do--it's usually financial changes in their own lives.

2. Dont write a game based on polls and opinions. The last things you want is your followers, who may not know the ultimate outcome of your game, to force you into a corner. Sometimes they just want what they want and that may differ from what you wanted. However, you're the one that has to look at it all the time during development. You don't want to be burnt out and staring at a storyline that other people told you to write that is uninteresting to you.

3. Write a game that you're passionate about. You'll have more fun and you won't burn out as quickly

4. Take breaks. Your base supporters will be there as long as you deliver a product. I've about destroyed myself trying to get updates out. However, most of my paying supporters are the ones telling me to take more breaks.

5. Be honest with your supporters. Especially when you're wrong. They respect that.

6. Keep your initial game simple. People want a ton of choices because it's fun. However, it's a bitch to plan and code so find a balance there that's not overwhelming to you. People just have to understand you're new. You can always go back and add stuff later--that's what I'm doing

7. Find a couple die hard fans early on and have them test for you. The more diverse the group of testers, the more diverse your feedback is.

8. Don't underestimate the power of the slow-burn. People bitched about my game in the beginning but most came around to understand that I'm doing what I want to do and we all have to wait for the sexy stuff. But look at other games like AWAM, ain't nothing happen in that game in years and it's still popular.

9. Post your early version for free and don't be greedy. It's sets a standard and it gives more people a chance to play your game. More players equals more feedback.

10. If people say critical things, try and distinguish between solid feedback and 10 year old trolls. Ignore the trolls. Listen to criticism and don't take it personal. If it's true criticism, people are going to think it whether you believe it or not.

Also, not sure if you're on my Discord but if you get stuck, you can always ask. I still am newb as hell at this but I definitely don't mind helping if I can. Hit me up either on here or on my Discord :)

(PS: your MC is kinda hot :p)

<3

Okalix

Game Developer
Sep 16, 2019
Okalix damn man, you gonna call me out in front of everyone! :p
Nah, i'm kidding. Thanks for the love and it's really humbling that my project inspired you. There's definitely a market for this stuff and there's not a lot of competition so I'd gladly love to see you join the other small number of devs. I know there's plenty of guys on my Discord that are looking to play things between updates on my project and there's just not that much out there.

Many people have mentioned solid advice so far so I won't say much about that stuff. The things I'll speak to are more personal things that I've learned over the past 2 years. I'm not going to say they're true for all but they're true for me and hopefully some will be helpful.

1. Don't write a game for the market--Let the market mold itself around you. If you write a game that's based on popular opinion, you risk being negatively affected by the fickle changes in the opinions of others. Patreon supporters will come and go and I've learned that the majority are not because of anything you do or don't do--it's usually financial changes in their own lives.

2. Dont write a game based on polls and opinions. The last things you want is your followers, who may not know the ultimate outcome of your game, to force you into a corner. Sometimes they just want what they want and that may differ from what you wanted. However, you're the one that has to look at it all the time during development. You don't want to be burnt out and staring at a storyline that other people told you to write that is uninteresting to you.

3. Write a game that you're passionate about. You'll have more fun and you won't burn out as quickly

4. Take breaks. Your base supporters will be there as long as you deliver a product. I've about destroyed myself trying to get updates out. However, most of my paying supporters are the ones telling me to take more breaks.

5. Be honest with your supporters. Especially when you're wrong. They respect that.

6. Keep your initial game simple. People want a ton of choices because it's fun. However, it's a bitch to plan and code so find a balance there that's not overwhelming to you. People just have to understand you're new. You can always go back and add stuff later--that's what I'm doing

7. Find a couple die hard fans early on and have them test for you. The more diverse the group of testers, the more diverse your feedback is.

8. Don't underestimate the power of the slow-burn. People bitched about my game in the beginning but most came around to understand that I'm doing what I want to do and we all have to wait for the sexy stuff. But look at other games like AWAM, ain't nothing happen in that game in years and it's still popular.

9. Post your early version for free and don't be greedy. It's sets a standard and it gives more people a chance to play your game. More players equals more feedback.

10. If people say critical things, try and distinguish between solid feedback and 10 year old trolls. Ignore the trolls. Listen to criticism and don't take it personal. If it's true criticism, people are going to think it whether you believe it or not.

Also, not sure if you're on my Discord but if you get stuck, you can always ask. I still am newb as hell at this but I definitely don't mind helping if I can. Hit me up either on here or on my Discord :)

(PS: your MC is kinda hot :p)

<3
Oh wow! I did not expect this. Thank you so much man for all this advice! There's things in there which I've thought about the same way, thought about differently and then stuff I haven't thought about at all. I'm going to follow every piece as best I can though. If it's worked for you, it's gotta be solid, right!

Be careful what you wish for though... an open invite for me to ask for help in the future... I may just have to take you up on that down the road Aaryn

There are so many things to think about at this early stage but I'm guna do my best to stick to my vision of the project. That's probably the thing I admire most about your journey with "Straight!?" because I remember the criticism over the non-nudity early on but you stuck with your gut and kept people coming back for more time and again.

Thank you so much for the tips! Also the fact you complimented the look of my MC is pretty much the only stamp of approval I need! I'd like to post more images and stuff, perhaps in a more structured way, but I felt like setting up a Patreon so early would look a bit bad considering I haven't proven myself yet, so figured a thread here would be more tactful and decent :)

O

Reactions: Aaryn

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Oh wow! I did not expect this. Thank you so much man for all this advice! There's things in there which I've thought about the same way, thought about differently and then stuff I haven't thought about at all. I'm going to follow every piece as best I can though. If it's worked for you, it's gotta be solid, right!

Be careful what you wish for though... an open invite for me to ask for help in the future... I may just have to take you up on that down the road Aaryn

There are so many things to think about at this early stage but I'm guna do my best to stick to my vision of the project. That's probably the thing I admire most about your journey with "Straight!?" because I remember the criticism over the non-nudity early on but you stuck with your gut and kept people coming back for more time and again.

Thank you so much for the tips! Also the fact you complimented the look of my MC is pretty much the only stamp of approval I need! I'd like to post more images and stuff, perhaps in a more structured way, but I felt like setting up a Patreon so early would look a bit bad considering I haven't proven myself yet, so figured a thread here would be more tactful and decent :)

O
This is where I started. I don't even think they had any MM content on here but the community was really welcoming and open. I didn't set the Patreon up until after I launched it on here for initial feedback. There's also other sites you can post on and get additional feedback. I'm not going to post them here because it's obviously other sites but there's other VN communities out there. I just think it's a good idea to get free exposure everywhere and listen to the feedback.

And damn, you're too kind with the compliments, man. I'm still newb as hell though. Still means a lot my game inspired you so much. But for real, hit me up if I can help out. DM's on my Discord are probably the fastest but I still check here regularly :)

215303j

First of all, I think there is a big difference between writing a bi story or a gay one.

I self-identify as straight. I did play Aaryn's "Straight!?". I liked the romance story (it may be one of the best romance stories out there), but the guys just aren't doing it for me...

One interesting angle could be, that the MC starts in a relationship with a woman, but they (for some reason) bring another guy into the relationship and the MC can choose to do stuff with him or not, and be reluctant or enthousiastic about it.

What is interesting to me, is the internal conflict of the MC: is this really what I want? Why do I want it? Am I really straight?

This is something which is done really well in Straight!?, but there the outcome is already known (I guess), which makes the dilemma (straight vs. gay) less interesting.

What you need to think about, is whether you want to make a VN or a Sandbox type of game. Are there more potential love interests, or just one or two? Why?

Last edited by a moderator: