New Gay VN

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
Thank you, it looks well! I definitely like the visual style of the guys, they feel real and not as artificial digital products. And exposing some conflicting characters in the beginning is also promising. Fingers crossed for the next months :)

Reactions: Okalix

Robitron

Game Developer
Oct 30, 2019
Back in August (2019) I read a story online and thought, "I wonder if this would be a good visual novel"?
I contacted the author and he granted me permission to use it which I thought was fantastic, so I embarked on my journey.

As I am not a story-teller, programmer, nor artist, I researched and scoured the web for items I would need. I decided to open source everything as I and the author came to the conclusion that this project was for our own edification and should the end product be worthy, we will offer it on itch.io for donations to the as that is where I found the story.

I decided on Ren'Py for the game engine as I found after playing with it for a while that it was the easiest to use on my old laptop. Being open source AND based on Python (also open source) were huge bonuses to me.

For the music and sound fx I'm using public domain and creative commons licenses.

For the visual aspects I had no choice but to use photography (I might add I've DL over 30GB worth so far) found on sites like
and as well as many others. After collecting the images I then had to learn how to edit them into them into the story. That took much longer than the actual coding of the VN.

Finally, the good part!

This is a coming of age story and centers around two childhood friends entering high school. The main character, Jesse, tells the story as he wrote it. The story is presented from Jesse's point of view because, well, it's his story after all.

Since this is a work in progress and incomplete (ie splash screen warning, etc...) BXB, adult content, etc... I am not posting the working version in public.

However, should you wish to review what is done so far and may even be able to help in development (mostly graphics), feel free to shoot me an email.

Robitron

Last edited:

Baralover001

Nov 21, 2017
What happened to your game daddy issues Okalix and I hope you will return soon cause I really love your game it's just so sad for me that you never completed it and you have gone so fast