Jul 28, 2017
How do I get the boyfriend's jerk friend scene to trigger?
- Get a boyfriend who does not have the Doormat or Likes-to-share traits, is not a Jerk or Selfish, and is not the special NPC "Horse".
- Your character must have some love and liking towards him. This is usually easy but avoid the Aromantic and Picky traits.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
I tried it...but i miss all content that makes a game playable...for example, i cant lay my female friends...and since i am still me i find guys disgusting...so for me there is no content aside from a little sensual dancing and stupid work...
Just to make sure i dont waste my time here, is there lesbian only content planned or will it stay useless straight/bi shit?

VoxAeterna

Apr 16, 2018
I tried it...but i miss all content that makes a game playable...for example, i cant lay my female friends...and since i am still me i find guys disgusting...so for me there is no content aside from a little sensual dancing and stupid work...
Just to make sure i dont waste my time here, is there lesbian only content planned or will it stay useless straight/bi shit?

I'd say leave and come back again in another two years.

decimad

Dec 17, 2017
For you straight/bi might be shit and useless - for others lesbian is the exact same.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
I know my english is far from perfect, maybe because its not my native language and i only use it online. But i am lesbian and i find guys sexually disgusting. That is not an insult, only my opinion...or lets say sexual orientation. I may have used wrong words, but all i wanted to know is, if the game will provide content that fits more...its just sad if devs only focus on straight guys instead of having optional content for lesbians and (even if the thought alone gives me horrible thrills) for gays...

DagonKel

Jul 27, 2017
I know my english is far from perfect, maybe because its not my native language and i only use it online. But i am lesbian and i find guys sexually disgusting. That is not an insult, only my opinion...or lets say sexual orientation. I may have used wrong words, but all i wanted to know is, if the game will provide content that fits more...its just sad if devs only focus on straight guys instead of having optional content for lesbians and (even if the thought alone gives me horrible thrills) for gays...
This developer is notoriously slow in adding new content to the game and I have not seen anything planned to add the content you are asking for. If you find the current content of the game unappealing then I recommend you give up here and look elsewhere. I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

VictorHayes

Apr 6, 2018
SO has no plans as of late to make any lesbian content because of other things winning the polls in SO's patreon.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: EthelTheLost

axz2

Jan 20, 2019
If development continues that long, eventually (perhaps at the next vote) lesbian content (beyond the very minimal existing content) will probably be added, but at the rate things are progressing it could easily be years from now before it was added.

There is some existing lesbian content but as I mentioned above its very limited. You can dance with a lesbian couple, kiss one of them, and if your drunk feel one up. You can also have them grind against you to the point where you orgasm.

Also if you have a house party you can play strip black jack with your guests some of which might be female (to maximize the number try making female friends while not giving out your number to guys and not taking guys home with you from the club). When one person (you or one of your guests) gets naked in the game and then lose again, the loser has to preform a forfit (makeout or oral sex, loser's choice) with the winner, so if you lose to a women, or the women loses to you you would have a lesbian scene.

As far as I know that's it for now. No dates with women, women can only be your friends not girlfriends (even if you have a drunken hookup with them at a party).

Reactions: GmFn1869

ikaruga

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
Does anyone still have their git repo ?
I lost it on my old computer, with my mods of this game months ago

VictorHayes

Apr 6, 2018
But i am lesbian and i find guys sexually disgusting. That is not an insult, only my opinion...or lets say sexual orientation.
Some words that could've been used:
- unappealing
- displeasing
- ill-favored
- unattractive
- unlikable
- unpleasant
- off-putting
- undesirable
- not my type
- am not attracted to them

Literally a google search away; instead, disgusting. Think before you post.

I may have used wrong words, but all i wanted to know is, if the game will provide content that fits more.
The Patreon Link's in the first page. There's also a discord link where you can message patreons in real time. There's also a link to SO's blog where you can check the past changelogs (sometimes SO puts poll results there).

its just sad if devs only focus on straight guys instead of having optional content for lesbians and (even if the thought alone gives me horrible thrills) for gays.
Kinda how capitalism works? Provide a product that appeals to the majority? If not, I think using the tag search would help you out more.

These are not insults, only my opinion.

Reactions: srbot2016

symptom1818

Aug 1, 2017
As some might be interested in those, I allowed myself to copy (from the discord) the list of all possible endings present in Newlife (as of version 0.5.3): [this list comes from the game files, so it should be exhaustive]

Also, in the light of the recent update featuring female NPC's pregnancies, this could also help - the list of instances where the female NPCs have sex: [this list was created by a NL discord user, so it might NOT be exhaustive]

PinkBishop

Oct 29, 2017
I asked on Discord if I could write lesbian content to the game and got immediately shot down just by suggesting it, so I am (very slowly) working on something that would target a lesbian audience while also trying not to scare the guys away from it.

VoxAeterna

Apr 16, 2018
I asked on Discord if I could write lesbian content to the game and got immediately shot down just by suggesting it, so I am (very slowly) working on something that would target a lesbian audience while also trying not to scare the guys away from it.
I don't understand why some people are getting hostile over the idea. I wholeheartedly support more lesbian content, especially as official/non-mod stuff that's not pregnancy-related is probably not gonna come before the year's out.

Featherine

Jun 20, 2019
That sucks. It's just stupid. On one hand people getting angry because a certain game doesn't have what they want is dumb but people getting hostile because of suggestions is even dumber.
People can totally say "no sorry we don't want any lesbian content in this game" without being aggressive.

All in all there's no need to be aggressive about anything, it's just a game.

axz2

Jan 20, 2019
I guess the people who don't want lesbian content are vocal about it but in the vote for the next content area, while lesbian content didn't win, it did get a decent amount of support.
The problem with official lesbian content is that it won't be the first major addition (it didn't win) and any major change takes the game maker forever (even minor tweaks can take a long time to get done).
The problem with adding unoffical content is that if you want lesbian content to be broad and built in to all aspects of the game you would practically have to rewrite the game. If you just wanted to add an additional scene or two along the lines of the lesbian dancers at the club or the lesbian content in the strip poker game that should be doable.

gobbet

Oct 11, 2017
I don't understand why some people are getting hostile over the idea. I wholeheartedly support more lesbian content, especially as official/non-mod stuff that's not pregnancy-related is probably not gonna come before the year's out.
That sucks. It's just stupid. On one hand people getting angry because a certain game doesn't have what they want is dumb but people getting hostile because of suggestions is even dumber.
People can totally say "no sorry we don't want any lesbian content in this game" without being aggressive.

All in all there's no need to be aggressive about anything, it's just a game.

I guess the people who don't want lesbian content are vocal about it but in the vote for the next content area, while lesbian content didn't win, it did get a decent amount of support.
The problem with official lesbian content is that it won't be the first major addition (it didn't win) and any major change takes the game maker forever (even minor tweaks can take a long time to get done).
The problem with adding unoffical content is that if you want lesbian content to be broad and built in to all aspects of the game you would practically have to rewrite the game. If you just wanted to add an additional scene or two along the lines of the lesbian dancers at the club or the lesbian content in the strip poker game that should be doable.
Okay, for the record, this entire thread is bullshit. I'm on the discord, and nobody ever gets hostile about the addition of lesbian content, they are either in favor of it entirely or indifferent.

The issue is, that as the game is currently designed it's basically impossible to add via the custom scene mechanic. And if this "I got shot down immediately" comment is the thread I think it is, as I recall the response was a general, "you are welcome to try, but don't get your hopes up."

This is rather far from the aggressive hate that's being portrayed here.

Reactions: Arrocha and Fer99

PinkBishop

Oct 29, 2017
Okay, for the record, this entire thread is bullshit. I'm on the discord, and nobody ever gets hostile about the addition of lesbian content, they are either in favor of it entirely or indifferent.

The issue is, that as the game is currently designed it's basically impossible to add via the custom scene mechanic. And if this "I got shot down immediately" comment is the thread I think it is, as I recall the response was a general, "you are welcome to try, but don't get your hopes up."

This is rather far from the aggressive hate that's being portrayed here.
it's 4-5 months back if I remember it, so I don't recall the exact reply now, but my impression were that I ended up feeling like I said. It might not have been the intention, but that's what I ended up feeling.

gobbet

Oct 11, 2017
it's 4-5 months back if I remember it, so I don't recall the exact reply now, but my impression were that I ended up feeling like I said. It might not have been the intention, but that's what I ended up feeling.
I definitely wasn't part of the conversation either way, but I just wanted to clear up anybody's misconception that there's a vocal group of "we don't want lesbian content in this game!" on the Discord, because there definitely isn't. I have absolutely seen some of the prolific scene writers get a bit short with people, but it's usually when somebody asks them, "hey, write this scene for me." And the response is frequently a No U!

But anyway, if you're working on a custom scene, great by me! Moar content.

Reactions: PinkBishop
3.50 star(s) 33 Votes