Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
This is sooo pathetic he is not doing any progress at all, he probably wants to quit project but he is getting so much money from it that he is not gonna do it, so he writes some stuff for 1-day work and gets his cash. What a piece of thrash
Just ignore this thread, that's the best way and what I'm gonna do. That guy doesn't deserve more attention.

Jul 28, 2017
When I read his patreon/scameon I can't believe it's beyond laughable
"Why Patreon?

Working on Newlife takes a lot of time and development effort. My financial situation isn't particularly good, and that's something that works to players' benefit because the reasons why it isn't good also mean that I have a lot of time for adult game development.
A 3-5 year project is a major commitment to make without getting any income from it. I do intend to keep on with Newlife regardless, but without financial support I'll eventually need to spend less time on it and more on projects that earn me money - I have bills to pay after all!
By raising money on Patreon I can continue putting long hours into improving Newlife while still making it available for free and as a special bonus, I won't even have to starve!"

Reactions: notahuman

BitSypher

Sep 25, 2017
People are paying so he has no motive to change. In fact, I'm willing to bet that he's milking this along with other projects under different names and accounts. The game is a fun game but too bad dev is garbage.

Reactions: xoxo1001

j3wed

Jun 26, 2017
Does this game even have pictures in it or smt like that?
is it still only text based?
how can he have so many patreons for that alone?

Sep 10, 2017
Does this game even have pictures in it or smt like that?
is it still only text based?
how can he have so many patreons for that alone?
It is only text-based.

I have no problems with book authors earning a ton of money. Why should it be different for games? In this game's case I'm far more opposed to him making a lot of money pretending he's doing a lot of work rather than it being because it's a text game.

Jun 30, 2017
Actually, he is a decent dev, some of dev on internet tell that newlife code is a mess and if he want to add a decent content he need to rewrite the code from start or simple restart the project. But well i think he have a fruitful period of money so restart the project to actually putting a good amount of content to him is foolish, so sad when in late 2016 he tell in his blog that he have a brilliant plan to make the new content and many people eagerly give him their ideas but in the and he do nothing

troula

Aug 25, 2017
Actually, he is a decent dev, some of dev on internet tell that newlife code is a mess and if he want to add a decent content he need to rewrite the code from start or simple restart the project. But well i think he have a fruitful period of money so restart the project to actually putting a good amount of content to him is foolish, so sad when in late 2016 he tell in his blog that he have a brilliant plan to make the new content and many people eagerly give him their ideas but in the and he do nothing
I've been following NL for years, he is definitely not a decent dev, the code might be messy but it's been this way for so long, it's now being used as an excuse. SO has been making a lot of money for a long time, he could have hired someone to take a look at the code already and/or help him, but he doesn't want that. As for the "restart project" I think he is probably doing that and Thamx/Accidental Woman may be his restart project. AW may end up being a good game but it's clearly a milking project, Patreon was set up and ready to go since moment zero and pushed heavily as the new and better new life, when the game was just an idea, and i think it's made by SO because whoever is developing this is doing it with all the constructive criticism NL has had through the years. From the detailed character creation, to the detailed npc creator, to the open to other fetishes besides impregnation(but the players will write them, because eww too weird for the dev), to prepping the game so it's easy for people to add stuff, to the Dev being very available, to the detailed and often dev updates, etc, etc there's just too many coincidences. Plus i find it hard to believe that the SO the person who drafted so carefully all the player submission content rights, would just encourage someone to "borrow" their intro idea and make their own similar/competition game.

garnet1

Apr 24, 2017
The code clearly is NOT a mess. He is just using some sort of an obfuscator, which allows him to code normally. It's easy to decompile Java applications and is not uncommon in the developing community to obfuscate the code.

tysssart

Aug 17, 2017
I've been following NL for years, he is definitely not a decent dev, the code might be messy but it's been this way for so long, it's now being used as an excuse. SO has been making a lot of money for a long time, he could have hired someone to take a look at the code already and/or help him, but he doesn't want that. As for the "restart project" I think he is probably doing that and Thamx/Accidental Woman may be his restart project. AW may end up being a good game but it's clearly a milking project, Patreon was set up and ready to go since moment zero and pushed heavily as the new and better new life, when the game was just an idea, and i think it's made by SO because whoever is developing this is doing it with all the constructive criticism NL has had through the years. From the detailed character creation, to the detailed npc creator, to the open to other fetishes besides impregnation(but the players will write them, because eww too weird for the dev), to prepping the game so it's easy for people to add stuff, to the Dev being very available, to the detailed and often dev updates, etc, etc there's just too many coincidences. Plus i find it hard to believe that the SO the person who drafted so carefully all the player submission content rights, would just encourage someone to "borrow" their intro idea and make their own similar/competition game.

Yeah, anyone calling Newlife a milking/scam game should look at Accidental Woman in the same genre. Now that game and developer hasn't added anything of value whatsoever aside from a few graphical upgrades ands still only has the one scene it had when I initially played it like 4-5 months ago. Laying down a groundwork for future updates is fine, talking about the many features you're game is going to have is great. But... Just talking about it and then doing jack shit for months is what I would personally define as milking. Without any actual smut in the game, especially considering that the game has been in development since early may, I'm really surprised to see that AW actually makes 3.8l$ on patreon. People are truly sheep sometimes!

I'm not going to defend Newlife to my last breath though, I stopped my patreonage last month after a long wait without any decent updates whatsoever and that last update was weak, like so many others before it. The fact that you can't even see how much SO makes on patreon anymore is quite weird as well. I didn't even know the creators could hide what they make from the public and his/hers, is the only one I've seen that hides the profit among all the adult games on patreon I've seen.

I sincerely doubt SO and ThaumX are the same person though, they sound nothing alike when you read what they actually write on their patreons and all that work to make an extra 3k-ish a month, sounds fairly dumb.

Reila

Nov 13, 2017
Objection, ThaumX and Splendidostrich are not the same person. ThaumX has worked on mods for Fallout 3 + Fallout NV before, and he's based in the US. SO is clearly british. ThaumX is certainly borrowing a lot of stuff from Newlife, no doubt about it. But that's not evidence of them being the same person.

tysssart

Aug 17, 2017
First thing that comes to mind when I read your reply:

I never even played that game.

Thanks for mentioning ThaumX, now I get to watch another game in development. It's a blessing and a curse.
Well, Newlife has content, something which AW doesn't. And I mean, it lacks any sort of content whatsoever. I actually just wrote a rant about what's wrong with AW in the thread for that game.

Then again, Newlife has some major problems itself currently, but what is does have, is a lot of content in the game. The problems is that the developer has slowed down the progress of the game to a crawl and each update is just getting less and less content, and that over a fairly long period of time. At first, the creator put out 2 updates each month, then one each month and then the content started to consist of various minor fixes, normal bug fixes and the new content that was actually added, was just "meh" and a most of it was tied to the traits of the pc or the npc:s or one off scenes that you could only see once each game.

I had enough of that shit last month and canceled my patreonage after 2 years. I really hope it starts picking up speed again, because the game is far from being bad. But I have this nagging feeling that the creator have lost interest in the game. :(

Reactions: kymico

Reila

Nov 13, 2017
Well, Newlife has content, something which AW doesn't. And I mean, it lacks any sort of content whatsoever. I actually just wrote a rant about what's wrong with AW in the thread for that game.

Then again, Newlife has some major problems itself currently, but what is does have, is a lot of content in the game. The problems is that the developer has slowed down the progress of the game to a crawl and each update is just getting less and less content, and that over a fairly long period of time. At first, the creator put out 2 updates each month, then one each month and then the content started to consist of various minor fixes, normal bug fixes and the new content that was actually added, was just "meh" and a most of it was tied to the traits of the pc or the npc:s or one off scenes that you could only see once each game.

I had enough of that shit last month and canceled my patreonage after 2 years. I really hope it starts picking up speed again, because the game is far from being bad. But I have this nagging feeling that the creator have lost interest in the game. :(
I feel you, I was also a long time patreon of newlife. But I can’t justify supporting it at the current development speed. The lack of communication is also troubling. I think you are right in suspecting the author might have grown tired of the project. He has lamented on several occasion that the code is messy and that he would have done things differently if he were to start again.

To me, two scenarios are likely: either he is developing a second game on the side, using income from newlife to support it. Or he never quit his day job and the game is not in full time development as promised.

Accidental woman on the other hand promises a lot of potential, and while I’m a supporter at the moment, I view the project with some skepticism. It seems a bit overly ambitious, and I don’t think it’s a realistic undertaking for a single person unless he expands his team at some point, or start axing features.

Thaumx has a lot of passion for his project though, and spends a lot of time planning. This is good. I’m just worried he might be so in love with his vision that he can’t bring himself to compromise it if necessary.

Splendid ostrich on the other hand seems to lack passion for his project, but his game is already quite decent in its current state. It just breaks my heart to see all the untapped potential the game has go to waste and not be able to do anything about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: tysssart
3.40 star(s) 35 Votes