hp_surfer

Jun 7, 2017
SplendidOstrich is like that for the last 2 years. Really big improvements are lacking. Instead all he does for a month of patreon income is the bare minimum. - As you can see with the last releases. Basically just a cash grab. Which is sad because the initial game idea is intriguing. You can indeed follow the decisions you can make every (ingame) day.
It's been a looooot longer than 2 years. It was only for the first year or so (somewhere 2016-2017) that Ostrich actually put effort in.

Reactions: Anonymous329
Mar 26, 2020
Does anyone knif if there a list of possible scenes/scenarios in the game? I don't know if I'm missing anything that I could be interested in and I couldn't find any list. Thanks.

Reactions: anon1010

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Jason Jefferson

No.. there is not a list of scenarios for this game that is all inclusive. The closest you got is some lists of game flags, a general kind of list for what is contained in the "additional_scenes>official_content" folder of the game files.. but nothing that lists all the possible events or variations. A lot is hidden within the game code and its been obfuscated to you cant easily match up things within the main jar file (even if you unzip it).

The most amount of additional content beyond what comes with the game is some things I have posted in the past. Some is things I have cut down and curated from the official files and Discord, some is things I have found from digging within the save game files or some very limited jar file digging.

Mar 26, 2020
Jason Jefferson
No.. there is not a list of scenarios for this game that is all inclusive. The closest you got is some lists of game flags, a general kind of list for what is contained in the "additional_scenes>official_content" folder of the game files.. but nothing that lists all the possible events or variations. A lot is hidden within the game code and its been obfuscated to you cant easily match up things within the main jar file (even if you unzip it).

The most amount of additional content beyond what comes with the game is some things I have posted in the past. Some is things I have cut down and curated from the official files and Discord, some is things I have found from digging within the save game files or some very limited jar file digging.
Thanks for the actual useful answer! I have indeed seen and explored the official_content folder, but found it to not contain everything posssible in the game, also shame about the obfuscation. May take a swing at making the list myself, shouldn't be too hard to get something quite complete after a bit of community help.

prodigy

Sep 7, 2016
Pretty sure his first release was 2014 and claimed it would be a 3-5 year project. He also said that its development began in 2013.
I was one of his first patrons, and ultimately it was his game that made me to never support anything on patreon. In first month it had seen some development but after that it went to slog as it is today. Some times I wonder if this and female agent are made by same person.

hp_surfer

Jun 7, 2017
I was one of his first patrons, and ultimately it was his game that made me to never support anything on patreon. In first month it had seen some development but after that it went to slog as it is today. Some times I wonder if this and female agent are made by same person.
Mine was SimBro, siiigh what a fine game that was.
Now I only support Patreons that have a proven record, which is the opposite purpose of Patreon. But it's what countless leach projects have lead to.

ackerman_braun

Mar 5, 2022
hey, i was wondering if anyone can help me. is there any way to convert files to yml files? mine are json files because that was the only way i could see or edit the text. i can edit the name and change it to yml, but whenever i go into test npcs on the game, it says that there is a problem with the yml file itself. it says:
"YML parsing error: the YML in this file is invalid in some way. This is an error with the YML formatting which prevents an NPC from being read at all, not an issue with an NPC not meeting Newlife's rules for inclusion."

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
hey, i was wondering if anyone can help me. is there any way to convert files to yml files? mine are json files because that was the only way i could see or edit the text. i can edit the name and change it to yml, but whenever i go into test npcs on the game, it says that there is a problem with the yml file itself. it says:
"YML parsing error: the YML in this file is invalid in some way. This is an error with the YML formatting which prevents an NPC from being read at all, not an issue with an NPC not meeting Newlife's rules for inclusion."
Well, you can just use notepad (or better yet notepad++) to edit the .yml files. Try right clicking the file and then choosing to open with Notepad(++). Otherwise, no idea, since AFAIK the .yml is effectively just a .txt with a different file extension.

Reactions: ackerman_braun

GrimGear

May 27, 2017
Major changes & additions:

Added a lesbian standing makeout. This can be accessed by showering together in the morning as long as you didn't makeout in bed upon waking up, or in the lesbian nightclub when you're with a party-girl npc.

Minor changes:

Increased the default number of standard female NPCs from 4 to 6. This can be modified in settings with the “additional female NPCs” option, which can be negative if you want fewer. The minimum is unchanged at 3.

Added a kiss-body makeout action where your partner kisses your bare back which can happen when they're behind you. While this was mainly added for the new makeout scene, there is a male version as well.

Bugfixes:

Fixes to text issues. Thanks to StuntCuffer and Sync for reporting some of these.

Fixed a bug reported by StuntCuffer where the cheating-blackmail scene could error due to a bad method call.

If anyone is interested.

ohfuckitall

Nov 1, 2021
Try running the file through something like this should point out any syntax errors. IIRC, yaml is a superset of JSON so there shouldn't be a problem expressing everything as json instead of yml.

Reactions: ackerman_braun

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
Try running the file through something like this should point out any syntax errors. IIRC, yaml is a superset of JSON so there shouldn't be a problem expressing everything as json instead of yml.
Main problem is after one of the previous updates the game can no longer read one type.
Like even the games own old way of saving templates and save files is broken because it can't read any unless you go and update it yourself to a different one, and even then it sometimes breaks.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
it would be cool to play this game as a male... too bad itll take 20 years to get to the idea being implemented.
Yeah, at this point it'd be far faster to code your own version.

Though I doubt it'll every have a male version for newlife regardless, since it was (and i) a TF themed adaptation life sim.

Reactions: SaatanaPerkele

alri

Mar 8, 2019
it would be cool to play this game as a male... too bad itll take 20 years to get to the idea being implemented.
That will never be implemented, at least not by the game's dev.

One reason being, as souldead341 mentioned, that this game's whole theme is being a TF/female-MC life sim. And the other reason is that all of the game's content assumes a female MC, all of it would have to be edited/rewritten. Even if you were OK with a lot of content being male-on-male, it would basically mean writing a new game, as just changing pronouns is not going to work for a lot of the scenes, for example everything having to do with the lowlives would play out very differently with a male MC.

The only reason that the game has a female-only start is that it didn't really need many changes (or none at all) in most of the scenes.

Also, I doubt many of the dev's patrons have much interest in a male-only path and say what you want about the dev, but they've actually been pretty proactive in asking their patrons what part of the game they should develop further, even if the content is trickling in pretty slowly.

Honestly, I don't really get why you'd even want a male-only path. If you want a male perspective, the vast majority of adult games on this site already feature a male MC. The female MC is actually what differentiates this game from many other adult games.

Aromabish

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2017
there are a lot of fair developers. Just this one is using game's initial fame to milk money.

3.40 star(s) 35 Votes