Fan Art No More Money Fan Art

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Old Dog Bea will have to wait a few more days. Have to replace a dead motherboard, replacement should be here on Thursday and I should be running by the weekend. This will be my last Gigabyte motherboard unless something changes drastically with that company.

Reactions: Old Dog

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Old Dog Bea will have to wait a few more days. Have to replace a dead motherboard, replacement should be here on Thursday and I should be running by the weekend. This will be my last Gigabyte motherboard unless something changes drastically with that company.
Ouch ,I know your pain as my last motherboard(MSI X570 pro) died on me and its so much fun stripping and rebuilding a pc.
Looking forward to having you back

Reactions: m4dsk1llz

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Ouch ,I know your pain as my last motherboard(MSI X570 pro) died on me and its so much fun stripping and rebuilding a pc.
Looking forward to having you back
X570 Aorus Master rev. v1.0 working fine since launch. My big issue is that the PC is water-cooled with a custom hardline loop. Replacing it with a X570S Aorus Master. If the CPU is in the exact location on both MB's, then I am golden. If not then it means rerunning a couple of tubes. Plus all the time it takes to drain the loop and refill it and then check for leaks. Luckily I have the tubes and I have an air pump that I use to pressure test the loop, the current loop was tested over 48 hours at 30 psi (way more that the loop ever gets in use) and it held up with no pressure drop. Hopefully this will be just as easy.

I will be building a new system sometime next year with hopefully a Ryzen 9 7950X3D (rumored). Already have a case and I am starting to collect the necessary water-cooling parts. Thermaltake Level 20 XT, two 480 mm reservoirs. Won't be going Gigabyte this time around, looking at ASRock and MSI for B650E boards. I can't see any justification in buying an X670E unless I want to show Beatrice that I swing a big dick!

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
X570 Aorus Master rev. v1.0 working fine since launch. My big issue is that the PC is water-cooled with a custom hardline loop. Replacing it with a X570S Aorus Master. If the CPU is in the exact location on both MB's, then I am golden. If not then it means rerunning a couple of tubes. Plus all the time it takes to drain the loop and refill it and then check for leaks. Luckily I have the tubes and I have an air pump that I use to pressure test the loop, the current loop was tested over 48 hours at 30 psi (way more that the loop ever gets in use) and it held up with no pressure drop. Hopefully this will be just as easy.

I will be building a new system sometime next year with hopefully a Ryzen 9 7950X3D (rumored). Already have a case and I am starting to collect the necessary water-cooling parts. Thermaltake Level 20 XT, two 480 mm reservoirs. Won't be going Gigabyte this time around, looking at ASRock and MSI for B650E boards. I can't see any justification in buying an X670E unless I want to show Beatrice that I swing a big dick!
I also have water cooling on mine and a Ryzen 5 5600X I did rebuild this pc this year(2 motherboards died on me)but these days I don't know if I can be bothered building another one in the future and may get somebody else to do it.
This pc however will last me for a couple of years as I don't see the need to upgrade the system totally

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I also have water cooling on mine and a Ryzen 5 5600X I did rebuild this pc this year(2 motherboards died on me)but these days I don't know if I can be bothered building another one in the future and may get somebody else to do it.
This pc however will last me for a couple of years as I don't see the need to upgrade the system totally
One of my hobbies, building PC's, I will repurpose this one and give it to my daughter when a new one is built. My last PC is now a backup and glad I kept it, but it is a rendering wimp. 2700X with dual GTX 1080Ti in SLI. Enough to browse and some light modeling and a bit of AAA gaming but nothing special. the PC before that 1800X with GTX 1050Ti is now running as a server with a shit ton of actual HDD's installed (approximately 40 TB of drive space using Windows Storage Space).

The new PC will be 100% custom modded, plan on taking the case physically apart so I can repaint the entire frame plus a lot of custom cut outs and panel replacing and a few 3D printed parts thrown in for good measure. But this time almost no RGB, current PC looks like a unicorn puked all over it.