Nopy ending :(

sabazurc

Jan 28, 2020
In fact the only politicians I still have a bit respect on the federa level are Bernie and Elizabeth.
Shit taste in politicians, should have chosen better than some wannabe Native American and dictator-lover(but I get it you are leftie...not much choice there). Still in general, I agree that you are right to assume that politicians are doing it for profit, career, power, and not for people.

sabazurc

Jan 28, 2020
No my friend. What you are seeing IS the free market. That's the problem. In a FREE market everyone is free to do as they please. This includes ruining other people for no reason at all or for reasons that you or I cannot comprehend.

The entire free market economic theory relies on the falsehood that people are rational. Once you realize they are not the whole thing falls apart. That is why we don't want or need a "free" market. What we want and need is a market free enough for market forces to function but regulated enough to prevent people accumulating too much power and abusing it.

Really, it's the same as society. You want to have laws against rape and murder. And in this case we need to have laws that dictate banks can't just deny you business based on your area of work as long as it is legal.
They are rational no need to worry about their rationality. When they do things they expect a profit of some kind and that's that, pretty rational if you ask me. Monopolies or corporations above a certain size should have their ability to decline services restricted.

Reactions: hewhocumsbynight

Spacejumper07

Oct 10, 2018
There will always be another, it was good while it lasted
There will be allways other options, well they cant pay the bills for the servers,
if they get money to pay for them, nopy will come back.

There are a lot of other uploadprovider I dont name them here, but you need to pay
for large files or for better downloadspeed, but they can pay their servers.

As example, when nopy takes 3$/month for this service they woudn't be bankruptcy,
the type off people can pay if they want isnt a great idea after all.

F95User123

Mar 27, 2017
Cryptocurrency is way to unstable in value to be a reliable source of payment. Imagine having to pay 100-1000 [enter random cryptocurrency name here] coins depending on the current course.
Other issue is their partner. Recieving donations does not mean the server owners would accept those. They could even be on the same side as paypal or payoneer on this one...

R.I.P. nopy. You will be missed :(
It is reliable enough if you exchange it on time :)

Spacejumper07

Oct 10, 2018
The problem wasn't lack of money per se. The were blocked from all the majors payment processors, taking 3$/month wouldn't have helped at all since they money would be frozen anyway.
Thats right indeed. But if you really want to help the nopy team there is a way to suport them.
Around 1500 people are suporting them allready.For more information look here.

Atlast nopy dosnt use any ads, ads with junk or a crappy downloadmanager with hidden trojans or
not wanted programs.

crdbord21

Jul 8, 2020
Thats right indeed. But if you really want to help the nopy team there is a way to suport them.
Around 1500 people are suporting them allready.For more information look here.
I think you skip over the part where the Nopy Team can't recieve the money we send to them. Which is a thing the Team states on the Patreon you just linked.
So giving them Money on Patreon is just not going to do anything (unless the accounts get unfrozen).

Hibiki420

Aug 9, 2020
Damn, they provided objectively the best service. Mega is at the very least decent, but Nopy was available for many more of the files on here, shame.

Noneless

Jul 27, 2017
I barely downlaod anything in F95 since NOPY is dead.
mega links for games that are 8GB, or other hosts that have 200kb of speed.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
As a woman who prefers women I honestly think this is true. But your post has no bearing on this thread.

As for Nopy, they were offering privacy and big tech does NOT like people having any sort of privacy.

I myself have been having issues with payment processors, and not just me but everyone I know in my industry has been having issues with their processors, smaller companies having to shut down entirely when they had to wait to long for their money. I'm at least large enough to fight back and my lawyers will show up at their CEOs homes and bang on their fucking doors but not everyone can do that.

Big tech IS coming for you, this isn't a conspiracy, it's not a meme or a joke.
The big problem is the credit card companies, especially Mastercard. The payment processors can't function without them and frankly, there isn't enough competition with 2 primary and a couple of secondary credit cards owning the marketplace to drive more puritanical companies towards the middle.

If the card companies say 'do X or we won't allow services thorough you', the payment processors need to do X or simply die.