nopy.to discussion & feedback

JoSmiHnTh

Aug 2, 2017
it's really perfect service but at least you have to add some ad banners to get some money because actualy what peaple hate ads for is pop ups and page redirections so if it's only some banners so why not? you cant just relay on donations.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
it's a lovely day to use nopy..1 gig update d/l in 7 minutes..that may be my fastest yet...nopy ate it wheaties.

Reactions: nopy

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
it's really perfect service but at least you have to add some ad banners to get some money because actualy what peaple hate ads for is pop ups and page redirections so if it's only some banners so why not? you cant just relay on donations.
I'm not looking to make a profit and so far donations cover most of the server bill, which is enough for me.

it's a lovely day to use nopy..1 gig update d/l in 7 minutes..that may be my fastest yet...nopy ate it wheaties.
Hehe good to hear :giggle:

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
Nopy is definitely a great service. For me it's faster than mega and workupload (which has been first and second choice for years) but I haven't seen it taking full usage of my 350mbit (Haven't tried nopy for a couple of months, since before the upgrade) so I tend to download using mega together with my Real-Debrid account.

Having worked as a sysadmin myself, I know how expensive high-bandwidth servers can be, especially with ddos mitigation and a proper firewall. I hope (and think) you have plans on how to get something back for your hard work, without sacrificing user privacy, download speed, or spamming users with ads. Some ads (like on f95zone) are perfectly acceptable though. I doubt that relying on donations is enough to keep Nopy up in the long run.

Keep up the good work! :)

Edit: Just read your response to the issue of covering the server bills. Glad to hear that you're getting enough donations at the moment

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Game Compressor
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
It' s a really good host, i hit my max download everytime i use it, right now slightly superior to mega for me
only thing, would be nice to get an invite :whistle:

215303j

It's a great, nearly perfect, hosting service in my opinion.
I always use it, whenever it's available.

I wouldn't mind a couple of banners, as long as they are not tracking anything. And no pop-ups etc., obviously.

Reactions: vanuyak

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Love the site, thanks for letting F95 in on that.
Reliable, easy to use and no bullshit.
Reminds me a bit of the "old" internet before everyone got a stick up their arse.

joethebeast

Sep 17, 2017
The best download site there is. No ads, No limits, No broken links, Fast Speed, Clean interface... everything anyone can wish for.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
yes as a forum user I always choose nopy when available, unfortunately as a Jr Uploader I can't use it when I upload games.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
damn great download portal. it's even better than zippyshare in my opinion and only workupload can come close to nopy. keep it going pal, you are doing the free internet faction a great favor! ;D

Trixpix

Nov 16, 2017
I didn't really use nopy much until zippyshare started blocking uk ips but I do prefer it to the majority of file hosts now. Its more user friendly than google drive and dropbox, faster than mega and I haven't had a file fail to download which I've had a few times with workupload.

wraith17

May 28, 2017
Nopy used to be my fav place to download files from.Sadly for a long time now I can't download anything from there.Whenever I press the download option,this happens. Uuytntitled.jpg

Silver

Regular
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
it's indeed a very nice host, but I am really skeptical of the future of this host. it doesn't seem like earn a profit, patreon page earns very little. so I am not sure how long files stay there, and how safe even to use this.

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
it's indeed a very nice host, but I am really skeptical of the future of this host. it doesn't seem like earn a profit, patreon page earns very little. so I am not sure how long files stay there, and how safe even to use this.
Uploaders here are encouraged to use multiple hosts. Currently, this host offers excellent speeds without any hassle, but people can always fall back onto the likes of Mega if it isn't working properly or whatever. Maybe the donate button gets them enough money? Maybe when it opens up beyond it's invite only model it can make more money? You have to realise though, that right now only a limited number of people can upload to the service, it's not a public host that will just accept any old file.

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
The Patreon has only been up since April 5th. I'm not in this to make a profit, as long as the costs are pretty much covered by donations and I'm not losing too much money, then the project will remain online :)

Xpl0it

Feb 2, 2018
Do you get paid for all this bootlicking my dear overzealous friend? 3 Comments in a thread that barely has 2 pages with basically the exact same content, thats commitment!

As for you nopy:

What i always liked about MEGA is the ability to pause a download and even continue downloading after i restart my computer. For some reason i only could do that with Chrome (not sure if its one of the addons or firefox itself) but that has been really useful sometimes when in the past i didnt have the fastest internet connection.
Do you know whether nopy will be able to support this behavior in the future and what exactly has to be working in the background for this to be functional?