nopy.to discussion & feedback

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
Hey guys, I'm the creator of . I know F95 Zone has been using the site for a while now, and I hope that you guys have had good experiences.

Nopy was created to provide fast and dependable downloads, with no ads and no logs. But all sites have their kinks, so thats why I'm finally creating a thread on here, to ask if there is any issues that you have faced while using it. Broken downloads, slow speeds, possible improvements, etc? Feel free to discuss (...or praise...) the site here.

HiEv

Sep 1, 2017
I haven't used the site, but I've been considering writing an "update" application which could update Twine games and other games by only pulling down the files that need to be updated, rather than pulling down everything in a single ZIP/RAR/7Z file, including many files you already have. I'm hoping to simplify game updating and also save bandwidth in the process. I've been trying to figure out what the best site to do this through would be.

Does nopy.to have a way to set up directories and sub-directories of files, so that individual files could be (publicly) downloaded by an application? If so, what are the download limitations?

zerozip0

May 23, 2018
Hey guys, I'm the creator of . I know F95 Zone has been using the site for a while now, and I hope that you guys have had good experiences.

Nopy was created to provide fast and dependable downloads, with no ads and no logs. But all sites have their kinks, so thats why I'm finally creating a thread on here, to ask if there is any issues that you have faced while using it. Broken downloads, slow speeds, possible improvements, etc? Feel free to discuss (...or praise...) the site here.

Also, unfortunately we'll be offline for the next day or 2 whilst I perform some backend upgrades, including doubling the bandwidth capacity, and extra storage for the file servers :)

If you feel like donating, you can do that here: <3
I am afraid that you will only hear praise from me! Most people here probably care more about the games than the servers they get the game files from, but whenever nopy is an option it is the option I choose. It simply beats the competion by a mile. I can only recommend that we chip in to show our appreciation and thanks!

Edit: Requiescat in Pace Nopy.com! I am definately already missing it!

Last edited:

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
Glad to hear you guys find the service useful :)

Does nopy.to have a way to set up directories and sub-directories of files, so that individual files could be (publicly) downloaded by an application? If so, what are the download limitations?
Unfortunately not, I don't think nopy would be a good fit for that use case. It sounds like something custom would be a better fit, perhaps with object storage backend with either a reverse proxy or cloudflare in front? Would give you a lot more control over the system and customise it to suit your needs.

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
is back online after the maintenance window, with 5 new servers as well as a brand new back end and caching structure to better deal with traffic bursts.

I'm still testing the caching margins, so consider it alpha-ish for the time being, but you'll hopefully see more reliable speeds with very popular files :D

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
it sucks, OP
I think that's a joke, at least I hope so :p

how do i get an account for nopy i repacked Honey Select in a full pack and a split pack and need to upload it for others to download
Accounts are invite only, reserved for creators and platforms. Nopy is still in alpha with a limited amount of bandwidth available, so access is carefully restricted I'm afraid. I don't want to open up the flood gates, start having performance issues and then have a degraded service for everyone.

Looking at the list, there are a lot of other file hosts which are allowed, although maybe none quite as good as nopy ;)

Jul 30, 2018
I think that's a joke, at least I hope so :p

Accounts are invite only, reserved for creators and platforms. Nopy is still in alpha with a limited amount of bandwidth available, so access is carefully restricted I'm afraid. I don't want to open up the flood gates, start having performance issues and then have a degraded service for everyone.

Looking at the list, there are a lot of other file hosts which are allowed, although maybe none quite as good as nopy ;)

ahh i can understand just wish i had the money for those other sites free hosting wont allow the size of files i have for the Honey Select game so i guess i need to stop trying to help the other people because i dont have the money to pay for those other sites

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
ahh i can understand just wish i had the money for those other sites free hosting wont allow the size of files i have for the Honey Select game so i guess i need to stop trying to help the other people because i dont have the money to pay for those other sites
How large is the file? If you don't mind splitting the archive into smaller parts you'll have a much wider selection of filehosts.

ThanatosX

Jan 21, 2017
Better than Mega 2/5GB soft and hard limit, speed is almost always near max. Only problem is there's not always a nopy mirror. Void and nopy are my favourites for the big stuff currently, don't have to go run a torrent on my 24/7 machine.

Jul 30, 2018
How large is the file? If you don't mind splitting the archive into smaller parts you'll have a much wider selection of filehosts.
im doing it 2 ways

Full Game version is 16 Gbs
Split Version will be 2 packs 8gb each while will be uploaded to mega.nz

after this though ill be making my own game from a story i have been writing on literotica for years and its about time i make it a visual novel lol

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
im doing it 2 ways

Full Game version is 16 Gbs
Split Version will be 2 packs 8gb each while will be uploaded to mega.nz

after this though ill be making my own game from a story i have been writing on literotica for years and its about time i make it a visual novel lol
Ouch, unfortunately only premium mega users would be able to download the 8GB parts. You're probably better off splitting it across 2 Google Drive accounts.

Jul 30, 2018
Ouch, unfortunately only premium mega users would be able to download the 8GB parts. You're probably better off splitting it across 2 Google Drive accounts.
ehh screw it i wish i had a higher upload speed i would just torrent it i wish i still had access to the seedbox i used to have a friend let me borrow id upload it there and let it go lol

im gonna repack it again and put it into 4gb splits