Bartlett

Jan 21, 2018
The incredibly dull, by-the-numbers story, the lack of literally any choice at all in how it progresses (there's a literal choose your ending option and all the actual end scenes are just nonsensical and a tonal whiplash from the rest of the game), the generic anime-style art (with some questionable design choices re: the MC's face and some of the casual clothes), the subpar H scene art and the use of dumb anime tropes to their fullest make this VN incredibly hard to recommend to anyone.

It's dull, it's uninteresting, it doesn't have a single original thought and fails to do anything with its premise. Every single character is pretty much instantly dislikeable. Hell, they're really just walking cliches, honestly. And the setting, my God. "University" except all the background art is clearly generic high school #42 and the characters wear school uniforms. So dumb. For once I'd like a game set in a university that actually is one, featuring characters that are actually adults instead of generic high school teenagers with "Age: 18" slapped on.

Recommend hard pass, you're not missing out on anything.

YabenoHkmr

Jun 6, 2018
The incredibly dull, by-the-numbers story, the lack of literally any choice at all in how it progresses (there's a literal choose your ending option and all the actual end scenes are just nonsensical and a tonal whiplash from the rest of the game), the generic anime-style art (with some questionable design choices re: the MC's face and some of the casual clothes), the subpar H scene art and the use of dumb anime tropes to their fullest make this VN incredibly hard to recommend to anyone.

It's dull, it's uninteresting, it doesn't have a single original thought and fails to do anything with its premise. Every single character is pretty much instantly dislikeable. Hell, they're really just walking cliches, honestly. And the setting, my God. "University" except all the background art is clearly generic high school #42 and the characters wear school uniforms. So dumb. For once I'd like a game set in a university that actually is one, featuring characters that are actually adults instead of generic high school teenagers with "Age: 18" slapped on.

Recommend hard pass, you're not missing out on anything.
It feels like it changed to university to play it safe. There's some talk about steam randomly banning any anime-esque game with high school setting.

ᴏᴄᴛᴏ

Jan 22, 2018
Japanese classroom, Japanese-looking school uniforms, streets with Japanese billboards and beautiful interiors.
Yeah, no way it's Norilsk. Also, Iosif? Really? Is it a common Russian name? The only Iosif I know was Georgian.

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
Um.. characters on pictures on this site atleast are art characters from vn maker engine as far that i can tell and i am pretty sure that some art assets perhaps not used by this game but definitly some from said engine from steam/rpg maker website well.. they can drag you to court because its stated in somewhere some characters i think its live2d content that isn supposed to be used for adult stuff. If it has changed i do apologuise though..

Idk if some assets are ok to use but.. i know some is not.. i did read their rules ect about it but it was sometime ago back. :)

Xenix22

Oct 25, 2017
Um.. characters on pictures on this site atleast are art characters from vn maker engine as far that i can tell and i am pretty sure that some art assets perhaps not used by this game but definitly some from said engine from steam/rpg maker website well.. they can drag you to court because its stated in somewhere some characters i think its live2d content that isn supposed to be used for adult stuff. If it has changed i do apologuise though..

Idk if some assets are ok to use but.. i know some is not.. i did read their rules ect about it but it was sometime ago back. :)
Just FYI from their support forums FAQ

I would like to create Adult Visual Novels, is this allowed?
Definitely! We have revised our software EULA so feel free to check it out for more specifics.
and indeed any references to making adult stuff being prohibited is gone from the EULA on steam.
h--ps://store.steampowered.com/eula/495480_eula_0

However that only covers the base stuff, any extra character or characters packs downloaded could indeed have their own terms per their creator as to whether they can be used commercially or in adult stuff.

Krabe

Nov 29, 2017
Lol, the Norilsk with japanese schools, streets, buildings(where is soviet architecture?) and the weather.
That town is in a permafrost, quite cold place, the summer is short(Jully-August) and cold(about +10 celsium degrees).

So screenshots looks like bullshit(game isnt work on my system), and imho the name shall be different.

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
That can be said about Russia in general.
Being Russian I quite disagree. For most Russians (myself included) life is a fight for survival, yes, that's right. But suffering? There's no fun in that :)

About game. I can't play it past phone number. Norilsk is a city in actual Siberia. So a house in Japanese style with paper doors can be habitable only 2 months in summer (when there's summer vacation in all schools and universities), in other time people in there will just freeze to death. All the background are not from Norilsk. Or Russia at all. Dixi.
High education in Russia doesn't know about "major". There's program (list of disciplines with quantity of hours for each) for every course in every faculty, no major or minor or something like that, it's not Russian again. Phone numbers in Russia begin with +7 (or 8, 'cause this is a phone code for non-local calls), cell numbers included. It's public info, you don't need to be Russian to know this. Phone number has 11 digits, every cell number has 11 digits (so, when I give my cell number, I say 8-908-xx-xx-xxx, the first two digits (8-9) has any cell number, public info again). MC says (citates): "The number is 5939275363"(end of citate). WTF? That's not a phone number at all.
And about names particulary. MC is Iosif. That's Russian name, rarely found in todays' Russia (native English speakers are much more familiar with name Joseph, that's the same name in English). The last Iosif I know was Iosif Stalin. And that is the reason this name is so rare today. Almost every other name has its problems too (well except Karina, that's a pretty normal name for a Tatar girl). Every character has only name, no last name, not even a father's name. No one in Russia calls you Mr Name, it's Mr Surname (or just Name Father's name, without Mr). Every teacher or professor always called by Name and Father's name, that's iron tradition and common etiquette. Especially if it's a man (or woman) in power.
But all this is just a tip of an iceberg. I read many VN, author of this VN is clearly has zero skill in writing texts, characters are full of cliches, dull and game at all have not a slightest connection to Russia.

Stes

Feb 2, 2018
A lengthy and quite entertaining (especially if you live in Russia/Eastern Europe) speech about VERY unrealistic setting of this game
To be fair they nailed local university professors. 5 minutes into the game and I already wanted to murder Svyatopolk for giving the MC's class a surprise calculus quiz on their first week. And for his infuriating "I am a huge nerd and a smartass but I am 50 y.o. AND I am getting paid for being a huge nerd and a smartass" speech pattern.

But tbh the setting isn't my main beef with this game, despite the fact that I'm familiar with how the setting is actually supposed to be like.

Saddest thing is - so far professor is the only decent character in the whole freaking game. The entire cast can be described as a bunch of badly/terribly implemented cliches, but it's at least fun to hate prof Svyatopolk (who probably had a very rough childhood because of that name).
The romantic interests we are presented with are definitely not fun, they are downright offputting. I'm not even done with 2nd week and at this point the only one who I am able to tolerate is the gay option, but looking at this game's overall writing I don't think that this particular example of "enemies-turned-loves" will end satisfyingly.