RPGM Abandoned Nostalgia Horizon [v0.1.2.2 Beta] [Northern Horizon]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

migurdia

Jun 29, 2021
How robust for lack of a better term will the pregnancy content be? Like will it prominently feature in the game, or will it just be like in those games where there's just 1 image of it in an ending scene?

izumirecord

May 9, 2018
How robust for lack of a better term will the pregnancy content be? Like will it prominently feature in the game, or will it just be like in those games where there's just 1 image of it in an ending scene?
However, integrating into the game a variation that counts down the days after a scene, for example 30 days. In terms of RPG Maker it would be like:

-Switch Novice Pregnancy is on.
-If Variable Novice P-days ≥ 30
Change Novice message portrait to Novice Pregnancy portrait.

That just entails putting an extra line in the event code for each time Novice appears in the story and each of its dialogs.

The complicated part would be implementing a birth system.

I am currently working on the database, damage formulas and balance between the classes of the bolts, in addition to the second update that I hope to have something to show by the end of the month or the middle of the next.

I would like to have more capital to develop the game faster, but for now I only have the money I get from my work every end of the month.

Grimreaper24

Nov 23, 2019
So a couple of questions to ask one is there a way to check status and second question is how to modify the doll and thirdly is there away to sleep

izumirecord

May 9, 2018
So a couple of questions to ask one is there a way to check status and second question is how to modify the doll and thirdly is there away to sleep

To view the statistics of the doll you have 2 ways, one in the equipment window, or the second in the class selection screen.

Second to modify the class of the doll you must go with the only doll that still has its predefined sprite in the cave, or once it is locked with the box in the house next to the coffee table.

And to sleep in front of the cave except during sunset (15pm - 17pm) and or once locked with the box in the house on the left side of the house, talk to the Cleric in front of the table except during sunset.

Last edited:

TurboShark

Jan 14, 2018
Is there a timetable for when pregnancy will be rolled out? Yes, we're a fickle crowd. Thanks for the work regardless though!

izumirecord

May 9, 2018
Is there a timetable for when pregnancy will be rolled out? Yes, we're a fickle crowd. Thanks for the work regardless though!
Timeline as such does not exist at the moment, just a notebook where I see the areas and content to implement, but that content I want to implement from 0.1.3 at least to start laying the foundations of that content.

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
not sure if im going crazy or what BUT rolls and names seems to be backwards
you get to name your 1st girl and yourself...girl name was doll so made it DOLLY AND then i gave my mc my own name
THEN when i go to fight my mc is called DOLLY?when i go to options WHY is my portrait not there?just DOLLY is?
UPDATED one more question the gohstly guy what ever gives ya potions says to talk to him when ya run out
so ive run out and he(it)wont talk to me so how to get potions??
UPDATED AGAIN few more questions so i learned first aid BUT didnt get to fully heal myself and then when i level shouldnt my health,etc ALL get restored to new again?
also wondering if later down the road you can make it so we can see the enemy HP,etc?
didnt wanna put 101 posts so just editing my original post here ..i hope i dont seem like im coming across as an ass NOT my intentions if it feels that way im sorry i love this game and as i said in an earlier post cant wait to see this game grow!!!
i normally dont play this style game BUT im glad to of come out of my comfort zone to try new things because this game is a gem !!!

Untitled.png

Last edited:

izumirecord

May 9, 2018
not sure if im going crazy or what BUT rolls and names seems to be backwards
you get to name your 1st girl and yourself...girl name was doll so made it DOLLY AND then i gave my mc my own name
THEN when i go to fight my mc is called DOLLY?when i go to options WHY is my portrait not there?just DOLLY is?
UPDATED one more question the gohstly guy what ever gives ya potions says to talk to him when ya run out
so ive run out and he(it)wont talk to me so how to get potions??
UPDATED AGAIN few more questions so i learned first aid BUT didnt get to fully heal myself and then when i level shouldnt my health,etc ALL get restored to new again?
also wondering if later down the road you can make it so we can see the enemy HP,etc?
didnt wanna put 101 posts so just editing my original post here ..i hope i dont seem like im coming across as an ass NOT my intentions if it feels that way im sorry i love this game and as i said in an earlier post cant wait to see this game grow!!!
i normally dont play this style game BUT im glad to of come out of my comfort zone to try new things because this game is a gem !!!

I am attentive to all reactions and comments to the game.

The fool of the potions is not him, it's her, and it's a bug, I already solved it, soon the 0.1.2.2 will fix that and another bug that I generated when I made a change regarding the second.

In first versions the game had MC as a playable character, but now he is just a mere spectator, the name of the doll is Doll because that's what it is, a doll, and the MC goes after because they ask you later.

To heal yourself, you have several ways, first you can accumulate potions as the days go by, you will always get the total (Days elapsed without charging * 2 = Potions obtained), from 21pm - 6am talking to the Girl in the cave, First Aid, and finally recruit the cleric and open the inn (If the prosperity is less than 5 she attends you outside the cave) during the evening she disappears, she goes to do her business there.

You are free to make any post you want as long as you don't break any forum rule.

Thanks for playing.

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
I am attentive to all reactions and comments to the game.

The fool of the potions is not him, it's her, and it's a bug, I already solved it, soon the 0.1.2.2 will fix that and another bug that I generated when I made a change regarding the second.

In first versions the game had MC as a playable character, but now he is just a mere spectator, the name of the doll is Doll because that's what it is, a doll, and the MC goes after because they ask you later.

To heal yourself, you have several ways, first you can accumulate potions as the days go by, you will always get the total (Days elapsed without charging * 2 = Potions obtained), from 21pm - 6am talking to the Girl in the cave, First Aid, and finally recruit the cleric and open the inn (If the prosperity is less than 5 she attends you outside the cave) during the evening she disappears, she goes to do her business there.

You are free to make any post you want as long as you don't break any forum rule.

Thanks for playing.
i can see a lot of potential in the game...take a wild guess and ask if you have professions planed?seen a couple different types of wood piles and see (what looks to be)cows and stuff in a few places be cool to do fishing hunting cooking ...i like doing professions no matter the game (adult or rpg,etc)i just pray your not going to have a ton unavoidable mini games to many games with mini games,etc just wanna scream this isnt face book LOL for the longest time all ive played is renpy games (nothing wrong with them still play them)
BUT there hasnt been any (my opinion) decent enough games worth downloading let alone playing..except for updates to games ive been playing...i check here hourly for games (yes im that board)so started trying out other games /game styles that im normally not into and this game YOUR game is fun to play and curious to see where whats next where it goes,etc
the only games i cant stand is real engine (extreme rare few ever work properly)mostly choppy and camera goes retarded
unity seems alright and rpg maker or what ever seems great too dont care much for the flash games (almost laugh when i see them thats soo old school)a lot of people are into stories (and thats fine nothing wrong with that ..just not really for me i tend to skip through stories )im a typical guy i guess fight and fuck ...fuck and fight ...i love killing shit so im glad you have a lot of monster girls,etc to bad we cant fuck them after we beat them LOL anyways brother looking forward to see where your game goes and watching it grow too take care brother

izumirecord

May 9, 2018
i can see a lot of potential in the game...take a wild guess and ask if you have professions planed?seen a couple different types of wood piles and see (what looks to be)cows and stuff in a few places be cool to do fishing hunting cooking ...i like doing professions no matter the game (adult or rpg,etc)i just pray your not going to have a ton unavoidable mini games to many games with mini games,etc just wanna scream this isnt face book LOL for the longest time all ive played is renpy games (nothing wrong with them still play them)
BUT there hasnt been any (my opinion) decent enough games worth downloading let alone playing..except for updates to games ive been playing...i check here hourly for games (yes im that board)so started trying out other games /game styles that im normally not into and this game YOUR game is fun to play and curious to see where whats next where it goes,etc
the only games i cant stand is real engine (extreme rare few ever work properly)mostly choppy and camera goes retarded
unity seems alright and rpg maker or what ever seems great too dont care much for the flash games (almost laugh when i see them thats soo old school)a lot of people are into stories (and thats fine nothing wrong with that ..just not really for me i tend to skip through stories )im a typical guy i guess fight and fuck ...fuck and fight ...i love killing shit so im glad you have a lot of monster girls,etc to bad we cant fuck them after we beat them LOL anyways brother looking forward to see where your game goes and watching it grow too take care brother
Well, let's start at the beginning.

My game is not about being a farmer or collecting resources, it's much simpler than that, you are a guy who fell on this island and your mission is to get out.

The logs are a way of showing that the map will change as the player progresses.

The more you advance in the game the more facilities are added to the village, more changes, more evolution.

I will continue to develop the game as I can inject budget, right now after the 0.1.2.2 I want to start developing the 0.2 that for those who explored beyond the forest, there is a rocky area, that is the second area of the game.

I want to be able to finish this project, but it is possible that after 0.2 I will pause the development 1 month because I have to buy a new PC, mine is getting obsolete, with a hard disk that is breaking, so it is time to change the workstation, I want to take advantage while I still have a job which provides me with budget for the project.

Yes budget, thanks to the artist I have been able to bring the update of the game, but he is contracted and I must pay for the commissions I ask him. I still don't make enough money from the project to dedicate myself full time to the project...

The new PC will be a very big expense, but it is necessary and I can't put it off any longer, every day that passes more and more space the hard disk is losing, that means it is breaking down.

And as far as the game is concerned, I have many things planned, but you would be surprised to see the content cut and ideas that will not see the light due to lack of budget, I do what I can with what I have.

I can only say that wait for 0.2 to see more things about the game.

Any bugs you can report them here or in my discord, I will also be releasing previews of future updates on Patreon and the game is also available on itch.io in case the links go down.

Thanks for trusting in this project.

My reference games to make this game are Digimon world 1 and Zelda a link to the past.

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
Well, let's start at the beginning.

My game is not about being a farmer or collecting resources, it's much simpler than that, you are a guy who fell on this island and your mission is to get out.

The logs are a way of showing that the map will change as the player progresses.

The more you advance in the game the more facilities are added to the village, more changes, more evolution.

I will continue to develop the game as I can inject budget, right now after the 0.1.2.2 I want to start developing the 0.2 that for those who explored beyond the forest, there is a rocky area, that is the second area of the game.

I want to be able to finish this project, but it is possible that after 0.2 I will pause the development 1 month because I have to buy a new PC, mine is getting obsolete, with a hard disk that is breaking, so it is time to change the workstation, I want to take advantage while I still have a job which provides me with budget for the project.

Yes budget, thanks to the artist I have been able to bring the update of the game, but he is contracted and I must pay for the commissions I ask him. I still don't make enough money from the project to dedicate myself full time to the project...

The new PC will be a very big expense, but it is necessary and I can't put it off any longer, every day that passes more and more space the hard disk is losing, that means it is breaking down.

And as far as the game is concerned, I have many things planned, but you would be surprised to see the content cut and ideas that will not see the light due to lack of budget, I do what I can with what I have.

I can only say that wait for 0.2 to see more things about the game.

Any bugs you can report them here or in my discord, I will also be releasing previews of future updates on Patreon and the game is also available on itch.io in case the links go down.

Thanks for trusting in this project.

My reference games to make this game are Digimon world 1 and Zelda a link to the past.
dont rush your project though brother seen far to many devs do this and 90% of the time it doesnt end very well
take your time work at your own pace sure lots of people may get impatient,etc (im guilty of this "getting impatient" myself waiting for games to get updates,etc though im trying to work on that)id rather play a game that has has slow updates 4 to 6 months apart or more as opposed to playing a game that gets like 3 updates or more per month.....games that get constant updates close together gives us players IF we are lucky 5 to 10 min play time (games like that always feel rushed and to be expected in a case like that )for the most part i try to stay away from MOST recent games a majority of them end up ither unfinished or abandoned BUT every once in a while theres the odd NEW game that stands out from the rest and catches my attention ill download it and give it a try and pray it makes it to completion.
your game looks great i have fun playing it and looking forward to seeing it grow,etc...dont let haters,etc get to you
keep up the fantastic work !!!!

Reactions: Marvelous Chris

Skelletonike

Feb 9, 2019
Hm.. I'm a bit lost.

So, the game starts in the middle of nowhere, I talked to the white chars at the bottom left and noticed that I got a doll, the level and portrait changed depending on who I spoke with (from lvl 40is to lvl 90ish).

Fought all the black chars and won, and couldnt do anything. Second try I went and lost, and I get teleported to a cave where I'm forced to face left and unable to do anything else:

1632079410387.png

Am I missing something? I'm confused.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote