VN Ren'Py Not Going Back [Ch.1] [Cicada]

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: No hurry on this one. Unless something's happened Chapter 2 is not very far away and you're better off waiting for more content.
Just quoting both of these as they're both relevant.

So, earlier I said early-mid July would be possible. This, evidently, was wrong. I am, however, onto the final scene for the chapter. This will take probably 1-2 weeks. Then I've just got to finish any postwork, and make sure the game, yknow, works correctly. In it's current state I can play through the whole chapter, it's just the images that are missing, but I want to make sure everything set up, particularly because in this chapter there's already a decent amount of branching (mostly conversation based, nothing too dramatic, but coding wise they kinda all add up the same).

I was way off with my last two guesses as to when it'd be done, disappointingly. And I don't want to start being that guy who keeps failing to deliver on deadlines, even if they're estimates. If you want me to be incredibly optimistic, I would say before the end of July, but we've seen how that kinda guess has gone so far. So I'll just say it's coming soon (all likelihood in August).

And then yeah, for anyone interested in the game who haven't got round to it yet, wait until ch2's out and have a go then. Not only is ch2 such a dramatic increase in quality for the most part from ch1 (there's still some areas where it's not great visually, owing to my very limited ability), it's also ended up over double the size.

So, while it disappointing to me it's taking this long still, I'm confident in saying it's been worth it. Looking back, ch1 feels almost more like a proof of concept. It was always basically just the introduction, a little foreshadowing, nothing too crazy. But, to me, from a storytelling perspective, which is what this game will always focus on, ch2 is just so much better. So much more happens, so much more is set up to happen, and I'm really excited to get on to the things I know are coming. I keep planning ahead and writing for future chapters, fleshing the story out, and am looking forward to getting there.

I'm adding a bunch of previews here for anyone who's read this far. Not long now. Thanks to all being patient.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023

So, earlier I said early-mid July would be possible. This, evidently, was wrong. I am, however, onto the final scene for the chapter. This will take probably 1-2 weeks. Then I've just got to finish any postwork, and make sure the game, yknow, works correctly. In it's current state I can play through the whole chapter, it's just the images that are missing, but I want to make sure everything set up, particularly because in this chapter there's already a decent amount of branching (mostly conversation based, nothing too dramatic, but coding wise they kinda all add up the same).

I was way off with my last two guesses as to when it'd be done, disappointingly. And I don't want to start being that guy who keeps failing to deliver on deadlines, even if they're estimates. If you want me to be incredibly optimistic, I would say before the end of July, but we've seen how that kinda guess has gone so far. So I'll just say it's coming soon (all likelihood in August).

And then yeah, for anyone interested in the game who haven't got round to it yet, wait until ch2's out and have a go then. Not only is ch2 such a dramatic increase in quality for the most part from ch1 (there's still some areas where it's not great visually, owing to my very limited ability), it's also ended up over double the size.

So, while it disappointing to me it's taking this long still, I'm confident in saying it's been worth it. Looking back, ch1 feels almost more like a proof of concept. It was always basically just the introduction, a little foreshadowing, nothing too crazy. But, to me, from a storytelling perspective, which is what this game will always focus on, ch2 is just so much better. So much more happens, so much more is set up to happen, and I'm really excited to get on to the things I know are coming. I keep planning ahead and writing for future chapters, fleshing the story out, and am looking forward to getting there.

I'm adding a bunch of previews here for anyone who's read this far. Not long now. Thanks to all being patient.

I don't know about others, but I appreciate the communication. If takes a month longer than your original estimate, I'm ok, as long as you keep us in the loop (which you do). Much better than just going MIA. I really enjoyed Chapter 1 and look forward to Chapter 2. Best wishes.

Hey Dessolos, see the comments from the Dev.

Hotkillerz

May 1, 2017

You know I'm going to be the guy that's ask is chater 3 in pre stage ?

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes