NSON Save Files

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

UserNo999

Feb 26, 2021
Hey joofer123,
thx for your code! My solution is very similar to your one. The only difference is that you can create compression objects with zlib.compressobj() which allows you to specify the same "-15" parameter that allowed you to decompress the file. This way you dont have to cut of header and footer manually.

One weird characteristic that i found was that if you decompress and compress the file without any changes, the resulting file can differ by a lot of bytes from the original nson file. Still unity accepts it with no problem. The weird part is that from the 3 files i used 1 didn't differ at all, 1 differed by 18 bytes and the third one differed by way more bytes. Again all 3 were accepted by unity. At least in my setup.

Reactions: joofer123

jebediahk42

Jun 3, 2018
Sooo. Where do I put in the adress of the file and the filename?

byte_arr = save_file.read() - seems like the place where I should put in the path, but i'm not sure.

jebediahk42

Jun 3, 2018
If I just run it - it disappears in a second. Seems to be similar to how the "hello world" window would close if I don't put ReadKey or something after it to keep it open.

jebediahk42

Jun 3, 2018
So I have tried to stick the path and filename in a couple places in the code but it doesn't seem to do anything. I think it will be faster to wait for the exe or an answer here than to learn python on youtube.

Didn't expect that jerking off will lead me to learning about programming with how much file editing end save edititng I have done over the last couple lonely years.

joofer123

Jul 29, 2019
So I have tried to stick the path and filename in a couple places in the code but it doesn't seem to do anything. I think it will be faster to wait for the exe or an answer here than to learn python on youtube.

Didn't expect that jerking off will lead me to learning about programming with how much file editing end save edititng I have done over the last couple lonely years.
Hi, sorry for the hard-to-use progam lol. If you are running windows open cmd and do "cd 'directory'" where 'directory' is the directory to the python file. The program should dissappear in seconds by the way, what you should find is that there should be a file called "Edit_File.json" in the same directory as the save file. Notice that the file will not be in the same directory as the python script so to see the file in file explorer, go to the directory of the save file. To create this file, in cmd while in the same directory as the python script run "python nson_decryptor.py -w -filename" where "-filename" is the filename of the nson save file. After you are finished with the editing, then do "python nson_decryptor.py -s -filename" where this time the filename is the file path to the "Edit_File.json" which you have finished editing (could be any json file but do this one). This will then create a file called "Edited_Save_File.nson" in the directory of the original save, again this won't be in the same folder as the python script but rather in the folder of the original save file. Then rename this file to fit the corresponding save. Please let me know if this works.

jebediahk42

Jun 3, 2018
Hi, sorry for the hard-to-use progam lol. If you are running windows open cmd and do "cd 'directory'" where 'directory' is the directory to the python file. The program should dissappear in seconds by the way, what you should find is that there should be a file called "Edit_File.json" in the same directory as the save file. Notice that the file will not be in the same directory as the python script so to see the file in file explorer, go to the directory of the save file. To create this file, in cmd while in the same directory as the python script run "python nson_decryptor.py -w -filename" where "-filename" is the filename of the nson save file. After you are finished with the editing, then do "python nson_decryptor.py -s -filename" where this time the filename is the file path to the "Edit_File.json" which you have finished editing (could be any json file but do this one). This will then create a file called "Edited_Save_File.nson" in the directory of the original save, again this won't be in the same folder as the python script but rather in the folder of the original save file. Then rename this file to fit the corresponding save. Please let me know if this works.
It is not hard to use. I just have nearly 0 knowledge of programming. Did some "hello world", if else et.c. in school in C# and that was it.

I assume that by "directory" u mean path, and I wrote in "cd (C:\path to the folder with the txt file that I changed to .py using winrar) and it wrote me C:\path to the file folder with an ">" at the end. So after that I got confused as to what to do next. So I closed cmd and opened it again writing this time the same thing but with also the python file name at the end. Once without the .py at the end and once with it. Both times with no good results. Not recognized as internal command and 'fix your input'. Also didn't find any Edit_File.json anywhere.

Did read what you wrote here a couple times but seems that my brain today is too tired to understand.

jebediahk42

Jun 3, 2018
So I tried to do it again.
cmd
cd C:\path to the .py file without the name of it at the end.
I get C:\path to the .py file with the > at the end. I write in "python nson_decryptor.py -w -filename"
The answer I get is "Python was not found; run without arguments to install from the Microsoft Store, or disable this shortcut from Settings > Manage App Execution Aliases."
I have python 3.9 installed.

UserNo999

Feb 26, 2021

this works sometimes
Thx for the links. Unfortunately the first link is a program for windows only, i use Linux.
I didn't find anything useful under the second link, would you be so kind to give the link to the actual website that you mean?
For the third, saveeditonline does not work with .nson files unfortunately.

EDIT: For anyone reading this: All three links are obvious bullshit.

Last edited:

jebediahk42

Jun 3, 2018

this works sometimes
so downloaded the first one but cant figure how to even use it. I did read what he wrote on the website and also on github. Installed unity but it seems that it might be the wrong program for that editor.

Second one - idk even where to look. seems like a search engine or something.

I use the third one a lot, also support in on patreon, but it does not work with .nson files.

Reactions: 720element

Carrera

Jun 25, 2017
Thx for the links. Unfortunately the first link is a program for windows only, i use Linux.
I didn't find anything useful under the second link, would you be so kind to give the link to the actual website that you mean?
For the third, saveeditonline does not work with .nson files unfortunately.
It actually does work, that's why I said "this works occasionally". Or it has in the past. Sometimes it will read the file and other times it won't.

The rest is self explanatory. The second link didn't take you to EXACTLY what you're after so instead of I dunno, reading a bit, you just bounced.

As for the first link,,,, never knew there wasn't ways to make a windows program run on linux......... Hmm, gonna have to mull that one over.

• Angry
Reactions: UserNo999

jebediahk42

Jun 3, 2018
It actually does work, that's why I said "this works occasionally". Or it has in the past. Sometimes it will read the file and other times it won't.

The rest is self explanatory. The second link didn't take you to EXACTLY what you're after so instead of I dunno, reading a bit, you just bounced.

As for the first link,,,, never knew there wasn't ways to make a windows program run on linux......... Hmm, gonna have to mull that one over.
tried the first one. gave me an error.

jebediahk42

Jun 3, 2018

About the second link: Read what? its just a page with a bunch of links so other websites.
The website itself is called "geographic ADVERTISING" so good thing I got the adblock on.

UserNo999

Feb 26, 2021

I never tried actually uploading the file to that website, but you are right its worth a try. I tried it just a second ago tho and it says: "Unsupported format".
No need to be bitchy with the second point. Contrary to what you believe I'm neither stupid nor lazy. I clicked on the first three links and it didn't bring me anywhere useful, except one of them was your first program. So if you would be so kind to show me what exact solution you are proposing other than "use this search engine" i would appreciate your effort.
To the third point: You are right there is wine, with all its ups and downs. Again no need to be such a bitch about it, jeez man, grow up.

Edit: Took another look at the first program, its an extension to the unity development environment, which in its most basic version costs 300$. So thx for absolutely nothing Carrera . Maybe you should check your information before you post worthless crap.

Last edited:

DMCDante11

Mar 31, 2018
Hi,

I tried the script but was facing a some issues. Basically the script would run but it would not generate any files. After some trouble shooting, it turns out the issue was the "path.dirname" in the encode and decode section. Somehow the script was not reading the directory name of the nson or json file and so the file was not generating. I removed it and it worked like a charm. Tried it on the Wonder Slaver Trainer and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the script

zebres

May 27, 2017
Hey joofer123, I have used your nson_decryptor but it always says "Please correct your inputs", how to solve it ?, because "Edit_file.json" is nowhere to be found and I have placed your script in my save files directory.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote