VN Others NTR Phone [Update June 24] [Shybox]

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes

jungleberry

Jan 13, 2019
Among similar games with texting on the phone, I liked this one the most. I'm usually skeptical about the heavy use of emojis, but in this game, I must admit, the author used them very skillfully, making the text more expressive and interesting to read. Keep up the good work, dev! The art is really good and quite sexy, my thumbs up as well. The variety of routes is a great addition to the list of advantages of the game. Most games don't even have half of the variety that we have here. However, some of the routes are a bit underwhelming. It would be more satisfying if the happy endings also rewarded the player with "content" instead of giving you a final message telling you that everything ended well. It actually feels like a bad ending. You don't get anything after reaching such an ending, as well as in bad endings with blocking contacts with girls you chatted with. The game format is more than suitable for flashing out endings, and it won't get in the way of the main story because everything is in the format of short stories.

The main drawback is probably the fast-paced narrative. The events are wrapped up quickly, the backstory almost non-existent. Such an approach might work well for some characters in the story, if the player wants to empty his clip quickly... But for other girls, who have a longer branch of dialogue, you could add more details of the backstory and slow down the course of events a bit.

The last drawback I will probably call "paywalled content". Of course, it is not my place to tell the developer how to present their game, but in my personal opinion, players will give you money anyway if your content is of high quality.
Speaking of which, it was easy for me to find the code without a subscription. Anyway, I still think the game is good. Best wishes for success.
What other games involve texting?

Artist271

Sep 11, 2022
I'm not too fond of locking half his characters in a paywall, it's predatory and reminds me of microtransactions that are way too invasive and predatory atleast in the method they're sometimes implemeted, so i made this download link with the patreon code inside.

Psyani

Jun 20, 2017
I did see dev comments how it is hard to compete as pictures takes long time to make. But this is wrong approach. Game like this isn't so much about the pictures as it is about the mood and setting. Right now there are too many characters that are very shallow. They are not interesting and they get into action too fast.

Focus on one character at time, build the relationship. Make it feel meaningful. Make the development a slow burn. Don't just turn someone into complete slut after 10 messages. Granted, that could be someone's jam and such character isn't bad idea to have, but the story should start from that idea already. Some innocent girl doesn't just turn into a slut overnight. And in some cases it is much better if they never do. Images should support that, not be the main focus.

Don't just throw in more characters in hopes it makes something better, it in fact makes it worse as it takes the bond to any character feel meaningless and like said shallow. Emotions only work if you care. Game like this isn't just VN, it is an emotion tickler. It's not about programming quality or having more images why the competition to this in some scale does better. But it is the plot itself. It's not some unbeatable masterpiece.

So my suggestion is to focus on writing. Write the complete thing first, then turn it into chat format and only then add pictures to support it. If you just focus on images, then you have no way to compete (and you care about that), that is just a fact. Right now this game is so far from reality that it's not really tickling anything. Build the relationship, the setting, the plot before even attempting any NTR elements.

Or alternatively start from the NTR right away, like for example the girl being some famous idol and you knowing you are not the "only one" by long shot, but you wish that. Characters can be very different of course and experience should be different, but they should still be "realistic" scenarios.

Just my two cents about it.

en17que

Jun 8, 2024
Lol, I hate this thing but, how pathetic can the MC could be? He's a literal garbage. But I can get what he's thinking.

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes