3.20 star(s) 37 Votes

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Hi Twistty, thanks for your fast reply, but it still doesn't work for me. :( I put it in the game folder, like every time.
It goes in the the MAIN folder - NOT the game folder.
Paste it to were the game.exe file is - and use it there.

Reactions: Chris2606

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Oh Shit, I'm sorry! It works, thank you so much, you made my day! :D (y)
Untitled.jpg
Sorry I cannot "Love" your comment - but glad it worked for you!
Remember to delete the .rpa files - they are not needed anymore - and waste disk space.

Cheers

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Ok - I'm back - -CookieMonster666- was mostly right - but gave you the wrong version of unren.
Use the one posted below - as it extracts the .rpa files and decompiles the .rpyc files also!
(Unzip the file first).

Proof
View attachment 1951790
Cheers

Ps - Your not stupid - but smart to ask for help ;)
Pss. - Sorry for the wait - those hosts were slow - added GoFile for others - to the OP!
Psss. -Renpy (8, 0, 1) - is a mean bitch - not looking foreword from when it changes from Python 2.7xx to 3.?xxx
I'm not sure how what I provided was the wrong version. For v3.00 the script_version.txt file in the \game folder shows "(8, 0, 1)". Does that not indicate the UnRen version should be 8.0.0?

• Hey there
Reactions: Twistty

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
I'm not sure how what I provided was the wrong version. For v3.00 the script_version.txt file in the \game folder shows "(8, 0, 1)". Does that not indicate the UnRen version should be 8.0.0?
Not sure - why or how - might be a system issue - v13 works for me but the one you posted doesn't - weird? (y)
Others have posted the opposite?

Best to list both - to help those with issues?

Thanks for all that you do!!!!
You have been extremely helpful to the F95 community lately!!!

Wishing you all the best and thanks! ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
OK, here is my PDF walkthrough for Obscure Affairs. This covers Ultimate Edition through v3.20 (i.e., this latest release). Please let me know if you see any errors in the WT. Because there are many variables and path branches (mostly for fetishes or girl preferences), there is a lot to keep track of. I provide a few definitions for symbols I use at the very beginning of the WT. Also, I have added footnotes throughout to try to clarify several things, so pay attention when I use ?, *, , , and § symbols through the main part of the guide.

NOTES FOR THIS WALKTHROUGH VERSION
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
Any idea what the lag-time is between the standard version release and the ultimate edition release.
I don't think it's like a lot of projects where the Dev will release a public version then a subscriber one which they then make public after X amount of time, it seems like only the ultimate tier people can access it. Which means we need one of the 69 people on that tier to be a hero and share.

Reactions: denen

OmegaLord

Jul 30, 2022
Hello all, I'm wondering if any one else has noticed that this game is quite system hungry compared to other Ren'py games?

I have an old system which is partly to blame and the reason I notice this, it uses nearly the same resources as play Farming Simulator 2019 for me (Proud Father does not even use 1/2 of what Obscure does for me), I'm wondering if it's just the standard game not being properly optimised or if I ended up with a bad version of it. It's a bit alarming how hungry it is.

Thanks for your time.

Snomiser

Apr 7, 2018
I'm having troubles with the game and am hoping you could help. With OA 3 I'm unable to not only play it but can not extract the image files. When I try to play it, nothing happens, meaning I dont even get the screen for a menu. OA 2 everything is fine.
I've tried all the Unrens to unpack the image files but other than to delete the rpa nothing happens.
I'm not that great with tech but when I try a Unren 13. I type 1 hit enter then I've answered y and n, it'll run for a second take the rpa files ( if I've hit y) then that's it.
I sure would appreciate any help you can give.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
I'm having troubles with the game and am hoping you could help. With OA 3 I'm unable to not only play it but can not extract the image files. When I try to play it, nothing happens, meaning I dont even get the screen for a menu. OA 2 everything is fine.
I've tried all the Unrens to unpack the image files but other than to delete the rpa nothing happens.
I'm not that great with tech but when I try a Unren 13. I type 1 hit enter then I've answered y and n, it'll run for a second take the rpa files ( if I've hit y) then that's it.
Maybe it's because OA v3 uses the new Renpy version 8 and your pc/graphic card is not compatible to it. You can try after starting the game to press "shift" + "g" and change the render engine. You also have to use a new Unren for Renpy 8, too!

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Use Unren 8.0.0v3(or whatever version it is now.) None of the others will work. At least not for me.

Reactions: Snomiser

Snomiser

Apr 7, 2018
Well nothing happened with shift+g. I'm not sure I'd know how to change the render engine anyway or to change it to.
Maybe it's because OA v3 uses the new Renpy version 8 and your pc/graphic card is not compatible to it. You can try after starting the game to press "shift" + "g" and change the render engine. You also have to use a new Unren for Renpy 8, too!

Snomiser

Apr 7, 2018
Shift and G brings up the options of what you want to use, like OpenGL and such. You can also disable controller in there.
When I tried the shift + g, nothing opened up. As I said I'm not much good at tech, so I'm kind of handicapped.

3.20 star(s) 37 Votes